Pandas!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lostno
Pet Score:4073
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: Pandas!

Post by Lostno » March 7th, 2013, 1:36 pm

OMG, forget this XP conversation, I have done this beasts of fable quest 3 times now and the best things I have gotten in a bag are literally 2x pet biscuits, and a "hair ball"..... for spending :30-:45 flying around Pandaria?..... WTF is wrong with the people at Blizz? If I weren't so OCD I would give them the middle finger and bail just to save my soul.....but I can't....so I will continue to trudge on and hate myself.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » March 8th, 2013, 7:29 am

The drop rate is high. I got my 3rd panda from my 4th bag.

Mumper claims the drop rate on stones is high from these and we should be doing the daily for that, but I've gotten 2 stones from 4 bags which overall feels worse than I've been getting from the regular Pandaren tamers so I think I'll be dropping these and going back to doing all of those (I've been skipping a couple of them and all the spirit tamers to compensate for the time in getting these). If they want us to do Fables for stones the 1 bag per day should have guaranteed 2-3 stones with a chance of up to 5. I can't see anything less being worth the time.

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 8th, 2013, 8:01 am

The Panda drop rate seems really high, I've gotten one in every bag so far.
But I haven't received a single stone so far. I agree that there should be at least one guaranteed stone in this bag, as once you have all the pandas killing those 10 pets is quite useless otherwise. You can't even use them to level pets.

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » March 8th, 2013, 11:16 am

This was the first quest that I did. I did the daily each day. I have gotten a flawless battle stone of
varying types. Yesterday was the first day that I received a panda.

Ackbah
MVP
Pet Score:3209
BattleTag®:Ackbah#1648
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Ackbah » March 8th, 2013, 12:57 pm

I got a Snowy Panda and a Humanoid stone in the same bag yesterday. I have only done the daily 3 times though, the other 2 days were basicly blanks, bandaids and junk. This has to be the longest (timewise) daily in the game and getting a hairball for all that effort makes me feel like Charlie Brown trick or treating "I got a rock" replaced with "I got a Hairball"

I will truge forth though, but after I have all of the pandas I just cant imagine doing this daily anymore if the stone rate does not increase...then again these pandas will be terrific trade bait/trade filler...hmmm...

Ack )

Edit, 3rd run, beast stone no pet.
Last edited by Ackbah on March 8th, 2013, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 8th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Only had the time to do it twice. 1st was a dragon stone, 2nd was a mountain panda and an undead stone.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 9th, 2013, 7:47 am

Got 2 different pandas in 3 bags, one containing no pets. Ending trading for the last panda as I find the daily way too tedious to do for too little reward.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 9th, 2013, 12:09 pm

So far for me . . . no battlestones, no pandas. :(

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » March 9th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Done this daily twice now, gotten the Mountain Panda and Sunfur panda plus a critter stone; the drop rate doesn't seem so bad for the pandas so unless RNG hates you it shouldnt take that long to get all three

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 11th, 2013, 7:41 am

Ok, it took me 6 days, 6 bags all 4 pandas - Thats a decent drop rate.

Having said that, I think I am done with this as a daily. Sure I can try for more Pandas to sell them, but for me I just dont see the replay value given the travel time and low XP.