Pandas!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Khema
Pet Score:2732
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us
Pandas!

Post by Khema » March 5th, 2013, 11:57 pm

ok i am soooo excited! first thing i did of course when i logged into wow today was pick up the quest to get my red panda. i beat all the pets relatively easy and picked up my reward and was happy as could be. then..... i started making the rounds for round two.. the daily. upon turning my quest in i was expecting some stupid expired pet food.. when lo, and behold i found a snowy panda! woots woots i got loots!

GL to you all!

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Re: Pandas!

Post by Ysabell » March 6th, 2013, 3:29 am

My first daily bag had a Mountain Panda and a Flawless Human Battle Stone.

Here's hoping the drop rate is decent on these pandas because I really don't want to have to kill all 10 of these things every day for months. The only challenge in them is having the time to travel to them and watch one or two of your pets destroy them.

Edit: Bag 2 - Vendor trash. This is going to be a grind. :(

Edit: Bag 3 - Sunfur Panda. Maybe I'll be done sooner than I thought!
Last edited by Ysabell on March 7th, 2013, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 6th, 2013, 9:16 am

So I'm planning on 3 flyers for the aquatics, 3 mechanicals for the beasts and 3 humanoids for the critters. Anything wrong with that?

I'll be tackling the Fabled Beasts tonight. :)

Is the daily defeating them all again or just one randomly?

Cyberjus
Pet Score:3962
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Cyberjus » March 6th, 2013, 9:22 am

You can pretty easily do each with 2 of each of the "strong" pets and then your favorite backup all-around pet. No point to having a carry pet, the xp is awful, at least if that was good it would make crisscrossing the continent do get all these every day not so bad.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 6th, 2013, 9:24 am

Cyberjus wrote:You can pretty easily do each with 2 of each of the "strong" pets and then your favorite backup all-around pet. No point to having a carry pet, the xp is awful, at least if that was good it would make crisscrossing the continent do get all these every day not so bad.
Here's hoping the XP is a bug. If it's not, these will be a dead-end for most of us.
The only reason to keep doing tamers after getting the pets/stones is for the XP.
ImageImage

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » March 6th, 2013, 9:58 am

I am bummed one must defeat every fabled pet daily for one bag, was hoping for more chances and less time wasted flying all over the world for one loot bag.
Wave

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 6th, 2013, 10:05 am

Waveryn wrote:I am bummed one must defeat every fabled pet daily for one bag, was hoping for more chances and less time wasted flying all over the world for one loot bag.
Most of them aren't too far off the beaten path when you're doing the other Pandaria tamers.
Even so, without XP gains, they're not going to be worth the extended effort, even for a chance at panda pets.
ImageImage

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 6th, 2013, 10:30 am

Still, 10 for one bag each day is a little too much.
Worst thing is that the Battle Pet Teams addon isn't working at the moment.

Jollyrogered
Pet Score:4262
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Jollyrogered » March 6th, 2013, 10:46 am

I'm actually waiting until that addon starts working to start farming the pet dailies again, because its driving me absolutely mad. I've just been battling everything with my Jeremy Feasel team. Not that there isnt plenty to do on Isle of Thunder, and I collect pets when I'm out there, but manually switching for 11+ people daily is just not my thing.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » March 6th, 2013, 11:24 am

The latest version of PetBattleTeams is working for me, however I had to delete my old teams and create new ones -- the old teams still appear in my journal but they don't work (it won't swap to that team when I click on it, and I can't swap pets in and out); the new teams I made last night are still working correctly today though.

Maniack
Pet Score:1708
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Maniack » March 6th, 2013, 11:59 am

Where do I get the quest?

Vincent
Pet Score:5785
Realm:Runetotem-us

Post by Vincent » March 6th, 2013, 12:10 pm

I too was bummed out that I would have to kill all ten of the legendary pets for the daily- plus each was a fairly long slog and with the addons acting poorly. Was exciting the first time, not so much as a daily.

I was also disappointed that there wasn't any variety of elite pets- no humanoid, undead, or elemental. Just aquatics, beasts and critters are pretty boring! :cry:

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » March 7th, 2013, 7:17 am

Killed all 10 fabled pets with a singing sunflower, stunted shardhorn and harbinger of flame. Only 3 of them required a few tries before they went down.

Got a snowy panda from the bag yesterday, but nothing today.

Yarl
Pet Score:5773
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Yarl » March 7th, 2013, 8:42 am

Cyberjus wrote:You can pretty easily do each with 2 of each of the "strong" pets and then your favorite backup all-around pet. No point to having a carry pet, the xp is awful, at least if that was good it would make crisscrossing the continent do get all these every day not so bad.
XP is awful because you can fight them over and over.

Cyberjus
Pet Score:3962
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Cyberjus » March 7th, 2013, 8:49 am

Yarl wrote:
But it is not even regular level 25 awful. I would still expect a low level carry pet to get more than 300xp.

Gendou

Post by Gendou » March 7th, 2013, 9:28 am

Yarl wrote:XP is awful because you can fight them over and over.
I'd need to test it, but I think someone mentioned that subsequent fights on the same day don't get any XP.
ImageImage

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 7th, 2013, 10:25 am

Cyberjus wrote:But it is not even regular level 25 awful. I would still expect a low level carry pet to get more than 300xp.
It's not because there is only one pet in fight. Gained XP from elites follows the standard XP formula and in it the amount of pets in the opponent team adds up to the gain.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » March 7th, 2013, 10:31 am

Except there is no reason to fight them more than once per day

Killed all 10 fabled pets with a singing sunflower, stunted shardhorn and harbinger of flame. Only 3 of them required a few tries before they went down.
I changed up my battle pet teams to breexe through these

I use Crow, Raven Jade owl for Aquatics - Darkmoon tonk, Zep & Clockwork for Beast - Stunted Shardhorn, Ravager, Snake for critters. All went down easy, no reason to carry pets cause XP blows

This will be totally over for me once all the pandas are received - Glad the snowy Dropped last night for me

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 7th, 2013, 10:46 am

Stabya wrote:
Except there is no reason to fight them more than once per day
Right, but there would be if they gave the same amount of XP as the other trainers.
Personally I'd also prefer only being able to fight them once per day, but with lots of XP.

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Post by Arvelayne » March 7th, 2013, 11:44 am

Hi,

I think the reason you don't get as much XP is because there's only one pet.

From what I've seen on the forums each extra pet in a fight gives a multiplier, but since it's solo there none here.

Arve,
divided alt.