Skyquake
MVP
Pet Score:4379
BattleTag®:Seamus#1218
Realm:Aerie Peak-us
Re: Uncommon Only Pets List

Post by Skyquake » September 7th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Dragonwizard wrote:
Skyquake wrote:This otherwise magnificent resource needs more Jubling.
Take a peek at the second pet in the list, but you might be right as another Jubling may be needed ;)

D'Oh! :oops:

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Uncommon Only Pets List **Updated for 5.4**

Post by Dragonwizard » September 11th, 2013, 10:30 am

Updated the list for the new 5.4 pets added to the game. If any of these 6 are uncageable please let me know as I don't have any of them yet and can't seem to find the info anywhere. Also if I have missed any others that are Uncommon only please let me know.

Added

Ashleaf Spriteling - Humanoid
Azure Crane Chick - Flying
[pet]Gu'chi Swarmling[/pet] - Critter
[pet]Lil' Bling[/pet] - Mechanical
Death Adder Hatchling - Beast
Sky Lantern - Flying (nonbattle)
Rotten Little Helper - Humanoid
Last edited by Dragonwizard on December 17th, 2013, 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Arrianrhod
Pet Score:6450
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Arrianrhod » October 23rd, 2013, 6:04 am

Great list, thanks for taking the time to compile and post :D

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » October 25th, 2013, 2:18 pm

Many thanks for this. My first upgrade stone appeared in my bags last night, I didn't even know you could win these randomly while out collecting wild pets. Your list will help me a great deal as I try to figure out who to "stone".

Hoopie
Pet Score:1887
BattleTag®:Hoopie#1517
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Hoopie » October 26th, 2013, 9:44 pm

I love turning uncommons into rares leveling them to 25 and selling them, huge profit

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » November 1st, 2013, 2:19 pm

Added [pet]Macabre Marionette[/pet] to the list of Undead.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Re: Uncommon Only Pets List **Updated for 5.4.1/RaF**

Post by Dragonwizard » November 20th, 2013, 6:08 am

***Updated*** for 5.4.1/RaF, added the 4 new RaF pets and also mentioned that this is US pets only, there may be a few other Uncommon only pets from other countries special events/promotions.

4 new pets added

[pet]Golden Pig[/pet] - Critter
[pet]SIlver Pig[/pet] - Critter
[pet]Jade Tiger[/pet] - Magic
[pet]Zipao Tiger[/pet] - Magic

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Re: Uncommon Only Pets List **Updated for 5.4.1/RaF**

Post by Dragonwizard » December 17th, 2013, 6:27 am

Added [pet]Rotten Little Helper[/pet] to the list now that it is out and available from the daily Stolen Present box from killing the Grinch.

Ammeg
Top Rater
Pet Score:6011
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Uncommon Only Pets List **Updated for Winter Veil 2013**

Post by Ammeg » December 18th, 2013, 9:38 am

Ah ha! Thank you for the list, been looking for one of these since wanting to get all pets to rare quality :)

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » December 24th, 2013, 10:26 am

The Darkmoon Balloon comes as rare by default im pretty sure. Got a second one from the revamped DMF presents and it was blue and I tossed it. The Sky Lantern does come as Uncommon atm but can't be upgraded to rare with stones.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » December 26th, 2013, 5:47 am

Lolfixheal wrote:The Darkmoon Balloon comes as rare by default im pretty sure. Got a second one from the revamped DMF presents and it was blue and I tossed it. The Sky Lantern does come as Uncommon atm but can't be upgraded to rare with stones.
You're right about the Balloon it is rare when learned, I removed it. Thanks for the heads up :)

As for the Sky Lantern I will put a note next to it so people don't waste there time trying to upgrade it at least until Blizz decides to fix it.

Greenwinkle
MVP
Pet Score:5686
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Greenwinkle » March 24th, 2014, 1:37 am

Thanks Dragon!

Amritasya
Top Rater
Pet Score:8461
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Amritasya » March 24th, 2014, 1:40 am

This list is extremely useful for optimizing the use of Battle Stones, thank you.

Ammu

Post by Ammu » April 7th, 2014, 12:35 am

Nice Topic i like ...........

Talyda
Pet Score:2794
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Talyda » April 20th, 2014, 6:35 pm

Oh my gosh! Thanks SO much for this list! I've only just got into the pet battles (had been away from game for around 3 years, just got back a couple months ago) and had been scratching my head about some pets, wondering how it would be possible to get them as blues - came to the forums specifically to see if anyone mentioned them, and there right at the top was this post! REALLY appreciate the post!

Anath
Top Rater
Pet Score:10405
BattleTag®:Anath#1831
Realm:Dreadmaul-us

Post by Anath » July 3rd, 2014, 3:35 pm

Thank-you so much for this list! I've recently started doing enough pet battles/dailies to start seeing upgrade stones drop, so knowing which pets I should upgrade will be quite handy.

One question, are certain battle stones harder to come by than others?

For example, is the mechanical upgrade stone rarer than humanoid? Every now and then I score a Flawless Battle Stone from the Auction House and I was wondering which order of families should I use these in, so I don't use a flawless stone on a family of pets that is actually common to get stone drops for.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » July 3rd, 2014, 5:16 pm

It depends on what source of stones you are looking at. As far as I know blizzard hasn't made any official statements but as far as I can tell the stones from the trainer bags is completely random and equal chance for any type of stone. Stones from wild pet battles seem to almost always be of the same type as the primary pet so should be slightly skewed towards beast/critter stones. Overall tho the bigger impact seems to be the demand. If you look at the list there are a small number of Undead, Dumanoid, Elemental and Dragonkin stones needed and a much higher number of Beast, Critter and Flying stones needed. I generally tried to save my flawless stones because as long as you are still leveling your going to be getting more stones but I think you'd see a pretty unanimous response that if you did want to use it one of those three types would be the best.

Anath
Top Rater
Pet Score:10405
BattleTag®:Anath#1831
Realm:Dreadmaul-us

Post by Anath » July 3rd, 2014, 10:41 pm

Thanks Kpb321, I thought it might be something along those lines, nice to know I was on the right track :)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater

Post by Dragonwizard » July 7th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Flying pets are the last stones pretty much everyone ends up needing with Beast being a close second. After those two it's pretty much hit or miss. So if anything I would recommend useing them on flyers or if you seem to get more of them than beast from the daily bags then use them on beasts. Hope that helps and good luck on stoneing all your pets 8-)

Mezmaron
Pet Score:11550
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Mezmaron » August 23rd, 2014, 1:59 pm

Does anyone know of an updated list with the known WoD pets that are uncommon (or lower) quality only?