Brawler advice

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us
Re: Brawler advice

Post by Gendou » March 4th, 2013, 1:53 pm

Badpathing wrote:I guess I am a bit confused by all this. Brawler's guild did not even become remotely challenging until Rank 7..maybe a couple of Rank 6 fights made me pay attention...but certainly not Rank 4.
It's going to be heavily dependent on class and gear level, even if skill levels are equal - which they may not be.
If you're a Paladin or Death Knight running around in raid gear, it's probably going to be significantly easier than if you're a Mage or Priest in quest greens and blues.
ImageImage

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » March 4th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Gendou wrote:
Badpathing wrote:I guess I am a bit confused by all this. Brawler's guild did not even become remotely challenging until Rank 7..maybe a couple of Rank 6 fights made me pay attention...but certainly not Rank 4.
It's going to be heavily dependent on class and gear level, even if skill levels are equal - which they may not be.
If you're a Paladin or Death Knight running around in raid gear, it's probably going to be significantly easier than if you're a Mage or Priest in quest greens and blues.
Yeah, I did not put much thought into it I guess. I was only LFR-geared at the time, but I just macroed all my CDs and blew them up all the way through Rank 6 or so (warrior).

Now Rank 7; rank 7 is another situation entirely. Those bosses made me hulk smash my keyboard a couple of times.

I did not even try Rank 8, anticipating 5.2 gear upgrades.

Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Morlis » March 4th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Glad you had little difficulty with this Badpathing, you have the skills/gear to do this, but not all of us do. This is why I was looking to get as much advice as I could before I spent hours making a fool of myself. Excluding Mazhareen I think I did pretty well though. I will admit now after trying I had little trouble with most. Fran and Riddoh got me a few times (often just ran out of time) and of course Mazhareen.

For me what it boils down to is I have crappy mobility+DPS skills, decent but not great gear, and I don't PVP or raid. You may think "what does PVP have to do it?" my answer is, a good PVP person has the mobility skills as well as knows how to DPS while moving. The extent of my raiding is limited to Sha of Anger, and for moving durring that fight as a shadow priest usually entails moving over 5 feet if a black cloud pops on top of you, simple enough.

Morlis
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 5th, 2013, 12:09 am

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

... I finished off R3 and picked up [pet]Clock'em[/pet] tonight. :mrgreen:
ImageImage

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » March 5th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Gendou wrote:O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

... I finished off R3 and picked up [pet]Clock'em[/pet] tonight. :mrgreen:

Congrats :D

Morlis

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 5th, 2013, 5:23 pm

I was very disappointed when I realized the Brawler's Guild is pretty much only for DPS specs. I do understand why; only one person can fight at a time, so it wouldn't be very fun if you had to wait for tanks and healers to very slowly chip away their opponents. Still, it put me off the faction. I haven't played DPS since 2007, and never on my sole 90, my protection paladin, so not only do I not have the gear for it, I don't have the skill, either.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 6th, 2013, 9:58 am

Adashiel wrote:I was very disappointed when I realized the Brawler's Guild is pretty much only for DPS specs. I do understand why; only one person can fight at a time, so it wouldn't be very fun if you had to wait for tanks and healers to very slowly chip away their opponents. Still, it put me off the faction. I haven't played DPS since 2007, and never on my sole 90, my protection paladin, so not only do I not have the gear for it, I don't have the skill, either.
I agree completely. Both my Warrior and Paladin have only ever been Tanks. I quest as tank, group as tank, raid as tank. I wouldn't think it would be so difficult to scale the fight somehow. Maybe add some kind of damage buff if your in a Prot spec or Healing spec to make up the dps difference.

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » March 6th, 2013, 1:57 pm

You guys are disappointed that something called Brawler's Guild is geared towards dps?

Morlis
MVP

Post by Morlis » March 6th, 2013, 3:17 pm

Badpathing wrote:You guys are disappointed that something called Brawler's Guild is geared towards dps?
LOL, don't you ever have something positive to say? :lol:

They are just blowing off some steam and tossing out their thoughts. What's wrong with that?

Adashiel I waited 2 months before doing this, I geared up. On the bright side the purple gear from Pandaria's faction Quartermasters is now much cheaper I think it's half the honor it use to be. I was able to make it to Rank four in about half gear from those quartermasters and some from Sha of Anger with a few blue pieces still. If I was still in a guild with my priest that raided or even dungeons I would consider getting some healing gear for my priest. I won't heal Pick Up though, to much flack if you aren't ultra knowledgeable like they are. :P

Good luck,

Morlis

Casca
Top Rater
Pet Score:5184
BattleTag®:Chiba#2767
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Casca » March 6th, 2013, 3:43 pm

It's not like it's the same for every class. It feels like melees got shafted again in the Brawler's Guild. Every second boss has to be kited because he deals too much melee damage. As someone who really sucks at this kind of things and only has a warrior at 90 this is really terrible.

Adashiel
MVP
Pet Score:3297
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Adashiel » March 7th, 2013, 9:46 am

Badpathing wrote:You guys are disappointed that something called Brawler's Guild is geared towards dps?
Wat? How is a tank not a brawler? We spend most of our time trading punches with bosses, after all.

In any case, with the drop in Valor prices on the old gear, I may see if I can rustle up some DPS gear. However, that will require me to find motivation to do something other than pet battles.