noob rare collecting question.. multiple rares of a type

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ryushii
Pet Score:2195
Realm:Stormrage-us
Re: noob rare collecting question.. multiple rares of a type

Post by Ryushii » January 26th, 2013, 12:45 am

Unless you plan on using every breed you get, I would only grab 1 rare. There's a limit to how many pets you can hold. And grabbing 2-3 of each pet will run you out of space before you get them all. If you plan on using every pet in fights, which is kinda crazy lol, I would aim for the breed you find to be the best for each particular pet.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 26th, 2013, 2:23 pm

For me the main reason to have multiple pets of the same types is for the skins. So I would try to get 1 rare and then if the pet comes in different colors try to capture those, but not worry too much about about the quality.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » January 30th, 2013, 9:57 am

Most of my duplicate rares are because I got other breeds before I got the one I wanted or one popped up while grinding levels. I figure I may as well hang on to them for now in case Blizzard goes and changes the system around where other breeds become more desirable. Others I'm just not sure if or how I'd use them in battle so just hang on to different breeds since right now I'm still working more on collecting than battling.

The jerk in me also sees some humor in having every possible breed of some hard to get pets in rare quality.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » January 30th, 2013, 10:56 am

Lately I too have been collecting rares in various breeds. One issue I have is that I will already have 3 of a given pet and need to drop the uncommon pet to capture the rare version. Alas you currently can't do that once you start a fight. I am looking forward to 5.2 where I can forfeit, drop the uncommon, and redo the fight.

There have also been times I have my "leveling" team and not my "capture" team (with a Terrible Turnip) and will accidentally kill the pet I want to capture :(