Warning: Bug in game that will lower pet rarity and level!!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Raogrimm
Pet Score:9128
Realm:Silvermoon-us
Warning: Bug in game that will lower pet rarity and level!!!

Post by Raogrimm » January 17th, 2013, 10:15 pm

For those who have gotten into leveling pets and using stones to increase your pet's rarity be warned there is a bug which apparently is not being made known to players where your pets will get de-leveled and if you used a stone the pet will reverse to it's previous rarity. So if you bought bought a stone off the AH, well guess that 8000g is gone as well. Worse yet GMs do not get enough data on pets to determine levels and rarity changes of pets, so if this bug happens to you THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO FOR YOU. So if you spend hours leveling your pets one day or buy stones (or get lucky and find one) all that can just go poof and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

So fellow pet nuts, you've been warned. This just happened to me and I had the good fortune to have four pets rolled back from level 25 (because leveling the same pet twice is fun), and one had his rare quality removed just like that (double fun).

Cpb108
Pet Score:3596
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Warning: Bug in game that will lower pet rarity and leve

Post by Cpb108 » January 18th, 2013, 1:50 am

This happened to me Tuesday and I was able to get the stone restored by providing the name of the character that performed the upgrade and approximate time when I upgraded. I did have to relevel but that's not too bad when you know how. Maybe try resubmitting your ticket.

Faela
MVP
Pet Score:2774
Realm:Moonglade-eu

Post by Faela » January 18th, 2013, 9:46 am

But what is the actual bug? What caused them to be rolled back?

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 18th, 2013, 11:07 am

What pets did you use it on, what level, rarity, breed id, where did you do it, etc.

There are so many variables that could of caused some sort bug. Might want to put that all into your bug report.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » January 18th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Notamonk wrote:What pets did you use it on, what level, rarity, breed id, where did you do it, etc.

There are so many variables that could of caused some sort bug. Might want to put that all into your bug report.
Exactly, you haven't really explained the problem.

How long after you used the stone did it happen? How many levels did it lose? Did it go back to the level it was before you used the stone? Were you doing anything in particular when it happened?

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 18th, 2013, 1:39 pm

I think what Raogrimm is referring to is the rare occasion when Blizzard has to revert the game to a previous save point a few hours in the past.
Mingyao on Madoran

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 18th, 2013, 2:21 pm

I was under the impression that using a stone on a pet will cause it to lose levels as if you had just recaptured it (so a level 25 pet would lose 2 levels). That's not what's happening to you is it?

Also, not too clear about your last sentence. Why would you use a stone on a pet that's already Rare quality?

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your post.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 18th, 2013, 2:21 pm

GormanGhaste wrote:I think what Raogrimm is referring to is the rare occasion when Blizzard has to revert the game to a previous save point a few hours in the past.
wich has nothing to do with stones ....

Darklynx
Pet Score:9711
Realm:Tol Barad-us

Post by Darklynx » January 18th, 2013, 2:27 pm

After reading it three times, I think I got it.

He's saying there's a bug that, when you use the Flawless Battle-Stone (not the specific ones), it delevels your pet (like it's supposed to do) but it doesn't change it's rarity...Or, this happens at random. I'm supposing he's talking about the Flawless Battle-Stone because he mentioned buying on the AH.

Never had this problem, I'm sitting on a Flawless Battle-Stone which I dropped and haven't used it yet...Haven't had this problem with the specifics so far (I've dropped a Beast on wednesday, gonna try it out when I get home).

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » January 18th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Drudatz wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:I think what Raogrimm is referring to is the rare occasion when Blizzard has to revert the game to a previous save point a few hours in the past.
which has nothing to do with stones ....
It does if he leveled pets and used a stone on one during the lost hours. But really, it's just my best guess based on his post.
Mingyao on Madoran

Cpb108
Pet Score:3596
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cpb108 » January 18th, 2013, 6:06 pm

When I logged on Wednesday, it was like I hadn't played Tuesday. I lost levels on 4 pets including a minfernal that I had used a stone on. It was back to poor. Once I explained to a GM when, what, and which character used the stone they restored it. A guildy said over night there were restarts so I think that had something to do with it.

Hydramith
Top Rater
Pet Score:3037
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Hydramith » January 18th, 2013, 6:18 pm

Sometimes the game will "forget" a full day of progress in terms of pet battles indeed.
It's like you log on, and everything you did the day before in terms of pets has been in vain.
All levels will be back to the way they were before, all pets you used stones on will be back to their original rarity.
HOWEVER, all items (bandages, stones) you used during that day WILL be lost.

THAT is what he means. This bug has been around since well before 5.1.
I still haven't heard of any known cause though, but GM's did tell me they were aware of it.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » January 19th, 2013, 3:29 pm

GormanGhaste wrote:It does if he leveled pets and used a stone on one during the lost hours. But really, it's just my best guess based on his post.
He is talking about server reseting back to a previous state wich is done by blizzard not by the stones...

GormanGhaste
MVP

Post by GormanGhaste » January 19th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Drudatz wrote:
GormanGhaste wrote:It does if he leveled pets and used a stone on one during the lost hours. But really, it's just my best guess based on his post.
He is talking about server reseting back to a previous state wich is done by blizzard not by the stones...
>.< Why do you think that I think it was caused by stones?
Mingyao on Madoran