Share pet collecting news and advice.
Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us
Farming for Flawless Battlestones?

Post by Abbotta » March 29th, 2023, 11:58 am

I have about 50 green pets that the only way I'm going to get rare is by updating them via Flawless Battlestones. What is the best way to farm for them? And I don't mind the grinding because that helps level up all my sub-25 rare pets!

Thank you!

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Farming for Flawless Battlestones?

Post by Jaladar » March 29th, 2023, 12:26 pm

If you have alts, I would check the daily world quests. They pop up frequently as rewards. Just do the quest on all of your alts that can do it. Make sure to check older maps too, Shadowlands frequently has them as rewards as well.

Demiano
Pet Score:13688
BattleTag®:daemono#1210
Realm:Garithos-us

Post by Demiano » March 29th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Absolutely no point in just farming blue stones, they cost 16 pet tokens at the vendors, most world quests award around 20 pet tokens, so youre actually losing out on time invested by going after blue stones, makes more sense to just do the world quests on multiple toons that award 20 or more pet tokens. Theres many up every day all around the warcraft realms (BFA, shadowlands, dragonflight, pandaria, Uldum). ALSO if you had multiple alts in shadowlands, the adventure table still awards about 50 tokens per day per character.....

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 3rd, 2023, 9:28 pm

Demiano wrote:
March 29th, 2023, 1:46 pm
Absolutely no point in just farming blue stones, they cost 16 pet tokens at the vendors, most world quests award around 20 pet tokens, so youre actually losing out on time invested by going after blue stones, makes more sense to just do the world quests on multiple toons that award 20 or more pet tokens. Theres many up every day all around the warcraft realms (BFA, shadowlands, dragonflight, pandaria, Uldum). ALSO if you had multiple alts in shadowlands, the adventure table still awards about 50 tokens per day per character.....
It's sort of balancing what you farm based on what's up today. I check DF, SL, and BfA in the morning and work out what's available, how much work it's going to be to reach each WQ, and if I have the necessary teams for the battles. That lets me decide what to go for.

Today was a sad day for Polished Pet Charms. DF, SL and BfA altogether have two WQs that award 14 charms each and two that give 12 each (and one of those you need to be level 70 and working the new Forbidden Reach). Good day for blue stones, two DF battles drop them and one of those an Emerald Proto-Drake can solo. Tomorrow, who knows ?

Abbotta
MVP
Pet Score:11315
BattleTag®:LynneSin#1318
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Abbotta » April 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm

Demiano wrote:
I've been gone for 7 years and have exactly 2 toons so I'm playing major catchup on this game. I'm still learning everything! My level 69 Hunter is the only one close enough to get into that new patch and gather new pets out there. And my level 50 priest does the grinding on pet leveling (did my first squirt day in ages). Nice thing about the priest, I did the rounds on Pandaria and made a slew of gold on mining too AND picked up about 6 flawless stones to boot.

I'm getting there.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » April 4th, 2023, 4:50 pm

Demiano wrote:
Absolutely no point in just farming blue stones
I choose to save the tokens for new pets that pop up on vendors...which seem to be getting more expensive each patch/expansion. If I needed a single blue maybe I would go buy one, but for 50...I would just keep doing WQ's and use them as I got them. That's just me though.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » April 6th, 2023, 7:28 am

Hi,

so far, I have been working off the stones that I had accumulated which were somewhere near 800 of them. I'm down to 200+ or something and hope to be able to get the daily WQ's for the Dragon Isles, and not sure I have seen the quest that takes us to it ... anyone know? (I didn't check it yet, btw ... thanks) ...

In general, I have all the pets in blue (saved the stones for blues only) and used Squirt to take 5 Level 1 pets to 12 and then used them one shot at a time in all pet battles through out the Dragon Isles. I think I have 3 at 23, 2 at 22 and 1 at 20 and maybe 1 at 19, left right now ... while hoping to get the newer and Level 70 areas where some pets live.

The list is a bit large at this time, and I will post the ones I have not gotten to yet in the future.