Share pet collecting news and advice.
Morlis
MVP
Pet Score:13720
BattleTag®:Morlis#1799
Realm:Madoran-us
I have some Seasons questions

Post by Morlis » January 2nd, 2013, 5:14 pm

I am sort of new to gathering pets. I tried searching for answers but came up with unrelated answers.

I gathered that WoW has 2 seasons which are Winter and Summer. It is now winter as of this posting.

Question 1: When does it change to summer in Real Time?

Question 2: How long does each season last in Real Time? (like 6 months of winter and 6 months of summer?)

Question 3: What pets are restricted to each season? (two that i have seen are the Snowy Owl(winter) and Qiraji Guardling(summer) are there any others?)

Thanks in advance,

Morlis.
  • Morlis Alliance Kael'Thus 60 Shadow Priest (main account)
  • Morlis Horde Madoran 60 Beast Master Hunter (main account)
  • Altuno Horde Madoran 60 Vengeance Demon Hunter (main account)
  • Vandì Horde Madoran 60 Arcane Mage (alt account)

Arvelayne
Pet Score:3784
Realm:Frostwhisper-eu

Re: I have some Seasons questions

Post by Arvelayne » January 2nd, 2013, 8:03 pm

Hi,

Well the Snowy Owl appeared at the start of November, so it does look like there are 4 seasons and not 2, or else the Guardling would have appeared at the start of the expansion.

Based on each season being even, that means that spring will start in February, and Summer in May. That is just an educated guess though.

For now the only two seasonal pets are the Owl and Guardling, but I've no doubt that they may add more.

Hope that helps.

Arve,
changing alt.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Re: I have some Seasons questions

Post by Gilneas » January 2nd, 2013, 9:35 pm

I can't imagine that the owl won't be up in February, so it likely spawns Nov-Feb, while the guardling is probably May-August.

Note that these are not the same as other seasonal items in WoW (the winter squid and summer bass fish which each have an equinox to equinox 6 month span in which they can be fished), so I wouldn't put too much stock in WoW's use of seasonal terms, as far as consistency.