Forum Guidelines - Updated December 6, 2012

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us
Forum Guidelines - Updated December 6, 2012

Post by Breanni » November 28th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Welcome to the WarcraftPets forums. Here are a few rules we ask you to follow to keep the forums fun and accessible to everyone.

1.) No racism, sexism, elitism, calling out other members, harassing other members or spamming and trolling.

2.) No offering pets for real-world currency or real-world currency for pets. The trading of pets is acceptable, as long as it's kept in in-game currency.

3.) Feel free to post your opinions, but respect other people's opinions as well.

4.) This is a family-friendly website, so please keep things clean.

5.) Report any inappropriate behavior you see in the forums and the mods will take care of it.

6.) We reserve the right to lock or delete threads that go off track, or delete posts that knock good threads off topic.

7.) Your forum account is tied to your WarcraftPets account, so any actions taken against you on the forums may be extended to your site account. This can include a site-wide ban, limited privileges or account deletion. Please consult our [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/guidelines.asp]User Guidelines[/url] for details.

8.) New Policy: To help control link spam caused by malicious bots and unethical users, we've disabled the posting of external links until you've posted at least 8 times. We understand that this is an inconvenience for our newest posters, but we encourage you to actively engage with the community and you'll be linking in no time.

Keep in mind, this policy doesn't limit your ability to link to any page on WarcraftPets, as well as to pets, abilities, user profiles, and Wowhead data (spells, items, quests, NPCs, etc.) using our built-in link buttons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope to provide a fun, entertaining, and informative community for WoW pet collectors. After all, WarcraftPets is all about fun. Please do your part to preserve that spirit while using our forums.

Twilight
Top Rater
Pet Score:1404
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Forum Guidelines

Post by Twilight » December 3rd, 2011, 8:30 pm

Thanks!

Are there any guidelines for signature images?

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » December 3rd, 2011, 8:51 pm

Twilight wrote:Are there any guidelines for signature images?
Good question.

Signature image sizes can't exceed 730px by 120px. And try to keep the number of external links to a minimum. Aside from that, use your best judgment and have fun with it. :-)

Kiowa
Top Rater
Pet Score:5349
BattleTag®:Towgrunt#1690
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Kiowa » December 4th, 2011, 11:23 am

Ok so where did you guys get your sigs

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » December 4th, 2011, 1:09 pm

Towgrunt wrote:Ok so where did you guys get your sigs
Custom-made artwork by yours truly. :-)

Crissx
MVP
Pet Score:2497
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Crissx » December 7th, 2011, 6:42 am

Oh man! I want one ;) lol

Lilena
Pet Score:7520
BattleTag®:lilena#1939
Realm:Alleria-us

Post by Lilena » April 12th, 2012, 1:14 am

Doh most of my sigs I make are at 200pix high, I wonder If i make mine really small if it will take too much of the detail out.

Breanni
Site Admin

Re: Forum Guidelines - Updated December 6, 2012

Post by Breanni » February 14th, 2014, 7:28 am

V3gaskan3 wrote:I have something that may be interesting to people starting out, people that may want to try some new ideas or combos, or people who only own a few rare pets.
Very interesting! Thank you for creating and sharing this.
V3gaskan3 wrote:I have posted a few times here and have once or twice tried to send things to the team.
so far no reply’s.
That's odd. I received your email this past week and replied, suggesting that you post it in our new Community Spotlight forum, which was created for everyone to showcase creations like this.
V3gaskan3 wrote:How do I get you to take a look at my most current xl and maybe post it?
Please post it (or screen captures of it) in the Community Spotlight forum. You may want to familiarize yourself with how Community Spotlight entries work. Read this post to learn more.

If your Community Spotlight submission generates a lot of interest, there's a good chance we'll feature it on our home page.

Buhlgal
Pet Score:3387
Realm:Antonidas-us

Post by Buhlgal » July 16th, 2014, 4:42 pm

I am wanting a fetish shaman, and murlock (havent' gotten one yet) and an ethereal soul-trader. any advise how to get these 3?

Moonie1
Top Rater
Pet Score:3510
BattleTag®:Moondoggie#1666
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Moonie1 » July 24th, 2014, 2:11 am

Should add a rule about bumping threads more than once a day. Its getting ridiculous to find posts more than 8 hours old on the front page anymore.

Clarcks
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Clarcks » April 1st, 2015, 3:50 am

so where did you guys get your sigs
asad

Lekssyb
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Lekssyb » November 8th, 2015, 5:04 am

yeah, i gat it, forum signature is cool, i think i get mine done
Its all good! :lol: :P

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 22nd, 2016, 10:41 pm

Could you contain something about creating the duplicate threads aswell as replying to those? I can notice that each blue post related to the Legion brings one or more threads about them. The epic pets suggestion has created such much moving. ;)

I agree with bumping being ridiculous here. The forum sections haven't as much traffic to have a post quickly moved out of the first page. And even if someone wants to keep themselves on the "active topics" page -- I always start browsing from it, and can tell that most of the time there are posts from up to 4 days. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507