Secret Pet: Bugbiter Tortoise WQ to turn in is up

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us
Secret Pet: Bugbiter Tortoise WQ to turn in is up

Post by Waynebrady » December 17th, 2022, 8:42 pm

The world quest (a climbing quest) is up today in The Waking Shore. The quest is required to turn in the items for the pet. This is due to the NPC only being available during the WQ. The WQ did NOT show up on my map but upon going over to Cymre Brightblade at 22.8, 95.1, it was up. The secret pet is found in The Waking Shores, and is relatively easy to get.

You need to collect:

1. Petrified Dragon Egg. Found in caves around the WQ. It's a small dragon egg (doesn't glow).
2. Eroded Fossil. Found at the bottom of waterfalls around the WQ (looks like a big skull, doesn't glow).
3. Once you have both items, go speak with Cyrme to collect the pet.

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Secret Pet: Bugbiter Tortoise WQ to turn in is up

Post by Jaladar » December 18th, 2022, 9:17 am

I have spent the better part of yesterday (17th) and the beginning of today (18th) looking for this egg and can't find one ANYWHERE. Very frustrating that everyone says it is relatively easy to get this pet, just walk in the cave (I have been running from cave to cave to cave) and voila there it is...well either I'm doing something wrong or something is bugged.

And I have camped known spots, I have leapt servers more than Sam Beckett but still nothing.

Rant over--apologies

Cloudkicker
Pet Score:10741
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Cloudkicker » December 19th, 2022, 4:26 am

I feel you. I have had the same experience. I am thinking... farm the egg when the quest isn't up and wait for the WQ to pop up again. Good Luck :)
Jaladar wrote:
December 18th, 2022, 9:17 am
I have spent the better part of yesterday (17th) and the beginning of today (18th) looking for this egg and can't find one ANYWHERE. Very frustrating that everyone says it is relatively easy to get this pet, just walk in the cave (I have been running from cave to cave to cave) and voila there it is...well either I'm doing something wrong or something is bugged.

And I have camped known spots, I have leapt servers more than Sam Beckett but still nothing.

Rant over--apologies

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13919
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » December 19th, 2022, 7:39 am

So just an update--I DID finally get an egg. My son went over and found one for me in the Flittering Cave. So they are spawning but what a pain...

Anyway--thanks everyone! For those still looking I hope you find yours soon too

Jal

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Post by Waynebrady » December 19th, 2022, 3:55 pm

Cloudkicker wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 4:26 am
I feel you. I have had the same experience. I am thinking... farm the egg when the quest isn't up and wait for the WQ to pop up again. Good Luck :)
Jaladar wrote:

Rant over--apologies
It took me about 20 minutes of looking in caves, but I went to around 5-10 before I found it. The WQ wasn't up at the time I found it.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632

Post by Ranok » December 20th, 2022, 10:40 am

Jaladar wrote:
...either I'm doing something wrong or something is bugged.
There is some very bizarre logic going on here.

I've used friends on other realms with searches like this one, get realmhopping invites from them. One on a Brazilian server is especially helpful as it's low population and pet collecting doesn't seem all that popular down there. Today she invited me after spotting an Eroded Skull. I looked and there was no Skull there. She checked and found it had disappeared for her too.

We disbanded the party and both of us logged out. She relogged 15 minutes later and the Skull was back. Reinvited me and Skull disappeared for both of us.

Etta
Pet Score:10819
BattleTag®:Etta#1150
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Etta » December 29th, 2022, 10:56 am

Something is up with cave phasing in Waking Shores. I just went into one to loot some expedition packs. I walked right up to the items and looted them several times, but didn't get anything. The mobs right next to them never aggroed me so I thought that I was DCing. The mobs and the packs both disappeared, but I kept going in and out of combat. Soooooo, it might not be JUST this item. It might be a different problem entirely.

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Post by Waynebrady » January 3rd, 2023, 10:07 am

Duplicate post. Removing, can't figure out how to delete. :)
Last edited by Waynebrady on January 3rd, 2023, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waynebrady
Top Rater

Post by Waynebrady » January 3rd, 2023, 10:08 am

Etta wrote:
December 29th, 2022, 10:56 am
Something is up with cave phasing in Waking Shores. I just went into one to loot some expedition packs. I walked right up to the items and looted them several times, but didn't get anything. The mobs right next to them never aggroed me so I thought that I was DCing. The mobs and the packs both disappeared, but I kept going in and out of combat. Soooooo, it might not be JUST this item. It might be a different problem entirely.
There are a couple caves that border/cross ohn'ahran plains and waking shores. Those tend to have bugged packs (Scout packs, and dirt piles). They have flat out never been lootable. However the caves I would search are the ones more towards the turn-in person, and they tend to be smaller overall than the large cavernous ones with the bugged packs.

Evey
MVP
Pet Score:13916
BattleTag®:Evey#11185
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Evey » January 7th, 2023, 3:28 pm

The quest is currently up for another 2 days 18 hours on NA servers for anyone still looking to get this little guy.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 9th, 2023, 2:56 pm

Whew.. got it!
Thanks everyone!

Post by Guest » March 27th, 2023, 10:05 pm

I got it. Thank youredactle all.