Jazzbutcher
MVP
Pet Score:11247
BattleTag®:Jazzbutcher#11356
Realm:Uldum-us
What Happened To All Of My Duplicates?

Post by Jazzbutcher » November 21st, 2022, 12:10 pm

Hello:

I'm sorry if someone has already addressed this issue in the forums, but I rarely get over to this site anymore, and I don't really play WoW much anymore either... so please forgive me if my inquiry is repetitive.

I don't usually post anything to forums, however, this morning I discovered something that I do BELIEVE is going to really tick me off.

I thought that it might have been a glitch with "Rematch" (being that game issues usually DO get a bit wonky when a new Xpac is soon to be released or IS released) but I noticed that ALL of my duplicate pets are now MISSING from my pet journal.

Thinking that it might have been a problem with "Rematch", I disabled ALL of my addons, reloaded the game, and checked my Pet Journal without ANY addons.

And you know?

Same thing. On this site it shows that I have 48 duplicates (I haven't loaded my collection on to this site for quite some time), and ALL of them are now missing from my journal.

Is this just another way that Blizzard is screwing over Battlepet Enthusiasts (once again), or is the fact that this has happened just a temporary "brain fart" on their behalf?

Thanks to anyone in adavance, for responding to this post.

Jazz

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: What Happened To All Of My Duplicates?

Post by Gráinne » November 21st, 2022, 12:40 pm

You say that have not re-uploaded your pets to this site for quite some time. (How long can it have been, if you had 1489 Uniques at that point? That's a lot of pets! Did we have that many before ZM? probably, but ... )

As I look at it now, I see the site saying that you have 1489 Unique, and 48 dups. However, I also don't see any of your pets here. That would be because of Blizz's ToS for sites recording data from their API - sites aren't allowed to hold that data for more than ... 30? 60? ... days. So if you haven't re-uploaded recently, that would make sense.

And what that records is that the last time you uploaded, you had 1489 Unique, and 48 dups. OK, all clear.

When I check your collection with Xu-Fu's Collection Viewer, it says you have 1491 Unique and no duplicates.

When I look at your character's officlal armoury on worldofwarcraft.com, I don't see any duplicates (though that's from just a quick scan; I didn't stop and examine everything closely.)

When I look at my own character, I see the usual duplicates. When I look at a couple of other people's characters, I see duplicates.

I have heard nothing in the Pet Discords about duplicates going missing.

From all the available evidence that I have, I can only conclude that you had 48 dups the last time you uploaded here, but don't have them now.

I wouldn't find it shocking if you had caged or released your duplicates. Some people like keeping their rosters lean, getting rid of duplicates. Did you ever go through a phase like that? Do you have an alt holding Pet Cages?

I would find it shocking if your duplicates, and nobody else's, had been removed in some kind of glitch.

Jazzbutcher
MVP

Post by Jazzbutcher » November 21st, 2022, 3:42 pm

Ok…

I’m going to take a different approach:

My Pet JOURNAL says that I have 1,487 UNIQUE pets (Warcraftpets says 1491).

If you add an additional 535 additional pets that I have caged on several other characters that I use as banks (I play Horde and I tend to “hoard” battlepets), and you ADD the 48 duplicates that I HAD…

As of this morning, I WOULD have been the proud owner of 2,070 Battlepets.

But now I only own 2,022 Battlepets.

If I check the “teams” that I have saved in Rematch, any team that HAD a duplicate in any of those teams is now missing that duplicate (instead I’m given a “search” option for the missing battlepet.

And here’s the KICKER:

Two of THREE battlepets that I’m missing are Unborn Val'kyr.

Do you have any IDEA how long it took for me to obtain THREE of those UNCAGABLE pets?

Do you honestly BELIEVE that I would have taken them OUT of my collection?

No way in HADES I would have!

So instead of doing a search on Warcraft Pets, or Xu-Fu's Collection Viewer, or even the WoW Armory… you might want to look at your OWN personal pet journal.

If you had any duplicates in your journal before, don’t be surprised if you don’t have them now.

And just to CONFIRM what I’m talking about…

I up-loaded my pet journal a few moments ago… those duplicate pets that you saw earlier today aren’t there anymore… including my DUPLICATE Unborn Val'kyr’s!

I’m telling you right now. Blizzard pulled a fast one on Battlepet Collectors. I paid GOLD for all the caged Battlepets that were STOLEN from me (courtesy of Blizzard) as far as I’m concerned!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 21st, 2022, 4:19 pm

I remember how much camping you had to do for Valks in the old days (they're pretty much instant now) and if you say you didn't streamline your roster, then of course I have to believe that.

However, I did look at my own characters in-game first thing, of course. All my dupes are there. I have a lot of them.

I've been logged in to the pet Discords all day. If anyone was missing any pets, the screams could be heard from space! There have been no other reports of missing pets on the officlal forume either side fo the pond, nor here, nor at Xu-Fu's.

Your updated listing at Xu-Fu's and your upload here shows that what you're seeing can't be any sort of display error in your client. Beyond that, I have no idea.

Jazzbutcher
MVP

Post by Jazzbutcher » November 21st, 2022, 7:59 pm

I put in a ticket.

I only use rematch, although there was ONE other addon Battlepet ID.
Looked through both to see if either has a function to automatically delete any duplicates, but found no such feature in either Addon.

So at this point it's a mystery, because those are the only two Battlepet Addons that I use.

A third Addon "Collect Me" is installed as well, but disabled, because it's really running terribly at the moment to the point that the game freezes up.

I'm wondering if it might have messed up my collection on the occasion that it went wonky on me and I disabled it.