Can't Find an explantion or Guide/list, or a way to sort UNIQUE ONLY ?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Kidcriticus
Pet Score:11949
Realm:Baelgun-us
Can't Find an explantion or Guide/list, or a way to sort UNIQUE ONLY ?

Post by Kidcriticus » November 1st, 2022, 10:25 pm

What counts as Unique ? I Have almost 1600 pets, but only 1192 are unique.
Is there a list somewhere of UNIQUE only pets ? ( Like the 1250 achievement and the 1500 achievement) Specifically ones that count towrds the achivement ?

Are any of the addons able to show you JUST Unique pets ? ( because just sorting by not collected, doesnt man that your unique counter will go up only your overall amount of pets.)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Can't Find an explantion or Guide/list, or a way to sort UNIQUE ONLY ?

Post by Quintessence » November 1st, 2022, 11:13 pm

It sounds like "unique" in this situation means one of a pet. We can have up to 3 of the same pet for a number of pets, but only 1 of those duplicates will count towards the unique total. You have ~1600 total pets including duplicates, but if not counting duplicates, your total comes to 1192 unique pets.

Sorting by "uncollected" does show "unique" pets in a way. If you collect one of each of those, you'll increase your unique count. Collect duplicates and it'll only increase your overall total.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kidcriticus

Post by Kidcriticus » November 2nd, 2022, 12:21 am

Yah see this is how I discovered not every pet counts as unique.
I was finishing a collect all the pets of a zone and my unique total was not changing. Only the grand total.
I thought maybe upgrade to rate or something. But that did not work either.

So I’m assuming only through some other means of collecting other then capturing a pet in the open world.
So I was trying to see if there is a clear list of what pet counts as unique.
If you look at some of the add ons have a bunch. But only some pets have unique under there title.
I have several add ons. Don’t remember all the names. But one of them you can hold down alt key and see details about the pet.

But like I said I haven’t been able to find a complete list of “counts as unique towards collection achievement”.
Even on wowhead it seems like some of the comments are how could you even get 2000 unique pets when there is only …… x amount.

So I’m just wondering how it is determined what counts and what doesn’t.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 2nd, 2022, 4:35 am

"Unique" in the Pet Journal tooltips means "can only own 1". So for example, Secretive Frogduck is a pet that you can collect only one of in the Pet Journal.

"Unique" for the collecting achievements means "one of each pet, not including duplicates".

Kidcriticus wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 12:21 am
But like I said I haven’t been able to find a complete list of “counts as unique towards collection achievement”.
There's no complete list of "counts as unique towards collection achievement" because all pets count (not including duplicates).
Kidcriticus wrote:
November 2nd, 2022, 12:21 am
Even on wowhead it seems like some of the comments are how could you even get 2000 unique pets when there is only …… x amount.
2k is currently not possible because Blizzard hasn't implemented a total of 2k+ pets yet. That number of pets just doesn't exist at the moment. The current total is 1522 pets, all of which count toward the unique total, although some are no longer available or are region-restricted. Once Blizzard adds more pets in the coming patches and expansions, we will definitely reach a 2k unique count.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Kidcriticus

Post by Kidcriticus » November 2nd, 2022, 7:22 am

I think i may just be broken. Example of what im talking about and why im curious about the unique list.

So last night, I finished the achievement, Broken Isle's Safari. (im slacking) In my journal i was at 1190 Uniques, on this website im at 1192 Uniques. The whole time i captured all the pets for that achievement, my unique number never changed stayed the same. The last pet i captured was a (Rare) Eldritch Manafiend and recieved the Rescued Fawn at the same time for the achievement. Then my unique number went up to 1192 (up 2 points) in game and on this site it only went to 1193. ( up 1 point)

And on the actual achievement Many more mini minions Its now at 1195

So the whole thing has me confused. Hence why i am trying to figure out my own way to track, since it seems so bugged out.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 2nd, 2022, 10:21 am

The two pets that cause the biggest discrepancy in collection stats are the Guild Herald and Guild Page. These two are character-specific, and can cause all kinds of tracking headaches.

I have no idea why your achievement tracker is listing 2 more pets vs. your WarcraftPets and Armory stat (1193).

My best guesses are:
1 - It's bugged
or
2 - It's counting 2 pets twice
or
3 - There's some weird tracking going on with any pets collected on alts (if you play any)

Edit: Ok, after some digging, it looks like you've earned the first two PVP companions (Dutiful Gruntling and Horde Fanatic), which means you're eligible for the Alliance counterparts (Dutiful Squire and Alliance Enthusiast). But it looks like you haven't collected them yet (you need an Alliance character to go purchase them from a vendor).

The pet collecting achievement tracker might be taking those pets into account automatically since they're tied to PVP achievements. But I'm not 100% sure.

Something you can try: Buy/add those pets and see if the tracker changes to +2 more pets, or if it stays the same. If your achievement number stays the same (1195), even though you've added two more pets to your collection, then the culprits were the two PVP faction pets.

Kidcriticus

Post by Kidcriticus » November 2nd, 2022, 1:55 pm

I Bought those two pets, and my number went up two more ( then i bought the 100k pet from zuldazar where you got the Auction mount in the past and i am now at 1198. Also i am now at 1198 on this site as well. And my pet journal is reading 1194

Its a weird one. Thanks for the suggestions. I think im just bugged. lol

Also on a side note, Im collecting pets on the alliance side from the BFA expansion since i was on that toon, and the first pet i captured in stormsong, took me to 1199. So maybe its functioning. But just bugged out in certain places.

Thanks for all your help, i do appreciate it!

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » November 6th, 2022, 2:40 am

I always assumed that "unique pets" meant one of each pet.

While there are some pets you can only own one (like Blinky), there are many that you can collect 3 of the same pet (like Weebomination).

So if you had 4 pets - 1 Blinky and 3 Weebomination, you would only have 2 unique pets. It doesn't count doubles or triples.