Sir Snips/Bucketshell

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us
Sir Snips/Bucketshell

Post by Harpooha » January 10th, 2022, 4:56 am

I rarely PvP since I am not good at it. But this is a battleground week, so I decided I'd give it a shot.

My honor level was at 16. Seemed like it moved up a level after 5 battles. Which means if I did battlegrounds every day for a year or so, I'd get to 400.

It doesn't look like many folks have these pets. But does this sound about right? Not sure I could sustain that. but at least it gives me a benchmark.Trying to figure out if it is even worth it.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Re: Sir Snips/Bucketshell

Post by Mastr » January 12th, 2022, 8:54 pm

I'd plan on much more time than that. Remember ebg week gives you an extra 50% honor. The grind for these pets is the biggest by far than for any other pet. I'm a bit of a completionist and put off doing this grind for two years as I don't really like pvp as well.
I'd plan on a full day of gaming for one level. It's quite the commitment.
It's not hard, just a HUGE time sink if you aren't already a pvp kind of player.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 14th, 2022, 3:32 pm

Accordimg to Warcraft Pets, 0.0% of members have it:
https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/stats/?ob=ultra

According to Xu-Fu's (see spreadsheet download) ~0.25% of members have it.

And remember, these are the samples of pet collectors, not the general public.

I had determined to get every pet available in-game, but Sir Snips/Bucketshell broke me back in Legion. I was never ever going to get it. I've stopped collecting beyond the basics, and what comes easily.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 20th, 2022, 1:07 pm

Napkin math incomming:

400 honor points per match at 22 matches to go to 8800 points (1 lvl)
22 matches at 20 mins per match is 440 mins (7 hrs & 20 mins) per lvl
440 mins at 400 lvls is 176,000 mins
176,000 mins is 2933 hrs & 20 mins
Working on 8 hrs per day, 7 days per week.. NO Breaks or down time.. so as 1 BG ends the next starts (will never happen).
2933 Hrs & 20 mins at 8 hrs per day is 366 days & 16 hrs

So, it would take over a YEAR of a minimum daily 8 hrs non stop PvP to get enough honor!!!

Harpooha
MVP

Post by Harpooha » January 22nd, 2022, 3:51 pm

I decided to do one Epic BG every day this week. After 5 days I am averaging a little over 1000 honor per day. At that rate, it would take over 9 years to get enough honor. It's a very small sample size and I am finding there is a lot that goes into it.

Had 3 wins to start, 2 losses after that. The weekly quest awards some honor. There was also a quest at Wintergrasp that awarded some honor, but I think that was a one time quest. Winning makes a big difference.

There are two types of honor, which was confusing to me. One is for reputation, the other is a currency to buy PvP gear. Since the latter caps at 15k, it encourages you to buy the gear. Might be3 useful for alts.

I haven't tracked any regular BGs yet. Being bad in a 40 man isn't as obvious as a 10 man. But queue times are long and so are the battles. It's actually been kind of fun and less negative than I expected. We'll see how it goes.

Harpooha
MVP

Post by Harpooha » January 30th, 2022, 9:35 pm

As a follow up, I was going to do regular BGs this week but got sidetracked by work.

However, I can say that running the Comp Stomp brawl is a good way to farm honor if you don't like PvP. It's the Arathi Basin BG only with NPCs instead of players. It goes very fast and you get a fair amount of honor for it. Take advantage of it when it's up.

Escalus
Top Rater
Pet Score:13405
BattleTag®:ArcZothael#1570
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Escalus » March 28th, 2022, 3:53 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
January 20th, 2022, 1:07 pm
Napkin math incomming:

400 honor points per match at 22 matches to go to 8800 points (1 lvl)
22 matches at 20 mins per match is 440 mins (7 hrs & 20 mins) per lvl
440 mins at 400 lvls is 176,000 mins
176,000 mins is 2933 hrs & 20 mins
Working on 8 hrs per day, 7 days per week.. NO Breaks or down time.. so as 1 BG ends the next starts (will never happen).
2933 Hrs & 20 mins at 8 hrs per day is 366 days & 16 hrs

So, it would take over a YEAR of a minimum daily 8 hrs non stop PvP to get enough honor!!!
All that just made me cry!

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » April 20th, 2022, 9:18 pm

I did it, mostly by doing events on 13 alts getting the bonus honor and moving onto next. I lost 75% or so of my matches, thousands of matches.

I believe the best way to approach this is to simply play during the bonus times, as much as you can stand and ignore it when the bonus time is not active. Years.

Comp stomp is a guaranteed win, with the honor bonus of the event no better time to farm.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » April 23rd, 2022, 8:02 pm

Congrats!!! That’s a huge accomplishment. That’s the biggest grind for any pet. Now you have the most exclusive pets in the game!! Hats off

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 28th, 2022, 12:05 am

Noel wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 9:18 pm
I did it, mostly by doing events on 13 alts getting the bonus honor and moving onto next. I lost 75% or so of my matches, thousands of matches.

I believe the best way to approach this is to simply play during the bonus times, as much as you can stand and ignore it when the bonus time is not active. Years.

Comp stomp is a guaranteed win, with the honor bonus of the event no better time to farm.
Grats.
I have no idea, how you did it.

So you have any idea, how much time you used? Does my napkin math, have any truth to it?

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » April 29th, 2022, 10:56 am

It was a little more than 2 years; legion pvp dailies and later when those were nerfed every event that awarded honor, plus the once a day bg (I usually didn't do epic bgs, too long). If I was annoyed by being graveyard farmed over and ovoer I quit for the day no biggy, go back and do some more later.

It made other pet grinds look like nothing at all

If I were to do it today I'd make 12 horde alts and use them, its very noticeable to pvp on my hordies lol

anyway TLDR just do things that give bonus honor, switch to next toon, repeat and don't stress just mess around.

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » April 29th, 2022, 11:05 pm

yah i kick myself for not running all my alts in Legion with the pvp quests as much as i should have ::O(

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » May 24th, 2022, 9:16 am

Studmuffyn wrote:
April 29th, 2022, 11:05 pm
yah i kick myself for not running all my alts in Legion with the pvp quests as much as i should have ::O(
Same same :cry:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » May 27th, 2022, 11:19 pm

I guess I'm just that weird guy who digs pets and also actually enjoys PVP; World PVP, most of the Epic BGs and BGs, etc.. I collect pets mainly to level alts and just for the hell of it I guess. I've played both Alliance and Horde, the latter is much better at communications during matches and just draws from a much, much larger player base (at least in the US). Alliance on the other hand has super short queues so that is the tradeoff. I'm more interested in the titles and mounts from unrated PVP than the pets. Since I'm mostly focused on the mounts and tiles, I reckon I'll get the pets some day too.

Lilyoptra
Pet Score:13662
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Lilyoptra » June 3rd, 2022, 1:54 pm

Now that its back, I focus Comp Stomp week hard (like all day every day) running each of my toons thru once per day for the bit of 1st-win-of-the-day bonus and then will focus one I want to get the rep on or one that needs Renown. I also make sure to do the weekly quest, Something Different, (and turn it in!) on each toon. This last Comp Stomp I got 31 Honor levels (and finally got the pets!) I had 18 toons and it was Bonus week. If you have the patience for the long game, this is the way to go so you can keep from burning out and have time for other things (unless you love PvP, which I do not). (For anyone wondering, I did get honor from other things like the 1st AV anniversary event [leveled a lot of toons that way before they nerfed it the next year] and the legion WQ's which gave me a nice jump start - I didn't get it all from Comp Stomp)

As an aside, you now get Honor as a currency as well and it caps at 15000, so keep an eye on it and use before you hit the cap. I buy the Orboreal Distinguishment boxes sold by Purveyor Zokuul in Oribos for 2000 Honor, which contain 5 Mark of Honor. I use these for old PvP tmog/recipes (You can buy current gear/weapons for Honor as well, but I prefer to wait till its buyable for marks after the xpac is over.)

Uka
Top Rater
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Borean Tundra-eu

Post by Uka » July 6th, 2022, 1:18 pm

I am playing since 2009, and until this March I was quite sure I will never ever be able to obtain even Honor level 2, to say nothing of 5 :)

But then I decided to try. Playing 2-3 epic BG every day, getting one Honor level in 4 days - so it took about 10 days to get the first two PvP pets and exactly 2 months to get from level 5 to level 20 and to obtain the second pair of pets.

But I shudder of a mere thought of spending 1520 more days of PvPing to get to level 400 :mrgreen:

Harpooha
MVP

Post by Harpooha » July 8th, 2022, 1:24 am

For anyone who plays Alliance, overnight hours are great for you. I can't win a BG to save my life now. It really stinks for Horde after midnight.

My only hope (since I work nights and rarely get home before midnight) is to pound Comp Stomp when it comes up. I don't have 18 level 60 toons (which is impressive Lilyoptra), but I can give it a shot with 6 or 7. But the goal still seems miles in the distance.