Micronax solo, possible?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Caliban
Top Rater
Pet Score:13456
Realm:Anachronos-eu
Micronax solo, possible?

Post by Caliban » December 5th, 2021, 3:58 pm

With the recent nerfs involving Legion raids, does anyone know if it is now possible to solo the Glory of the Tomb Raider achievement in order to get the Micronax pet?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Micronax solo, possible?

Post by Gráinne » December 6th, 2021, 12:15 am

Not possible. Some of the achievements are soloable, but not all.

At least the achievement Great Soul, Great Purpose https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=116 ... e#comments will require more than one person. Probably others as well.

I suggest you check Wowhead and YouTube for ideas, and look for people to party with for the ones you can't solo, or perhaps a party that will go for the whole meta-achievement.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 6th, 2021, 3:29 pm

Volley Ball achievement will never be possible to solo; even now, it requires 4 people, but I can see it being changed to 2.

Maiden achievement, the first orb, usually claims a life, unless it's a skilled DH... And the remaining orbs, I don't see how a single person will ever make it in time.

Fazolek
Pet Score:13709
BattleTag®:Fazolek#2638
Realm:Thunderhorn-eu

Post by Fazolek » December 7th, 2021, 9:29 am

So if not soloable, lets do it in group... We can go there with cross-realm group, right? Mean EU region. Count me in..

Fazolek#2638

Ismenot
Pet Score:11226
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Ismenot » December 14th, 2021, 4:13 am

I would like to come too please?

My main is dps, but I could tank too on my paladin, all alliance level 60, trying to level my horde to 60 too, but seems to take ages lol

Can we make a group for EU?
Been looking for this so long now :(

Starling5767
Pet Score:8127
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Starling5767 » December 14th, 2021, 1:32 pm

I too, would like to get this done. So I'd be game to group up with you all. I only play hunter so I'd have to be dps.

Dauntles
Pet Score:11604
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Dauntles » December 27th, 2021, 11:23 am

I would like to earn this as well, if someone is getting a group up count me in.

Uka
Top Rater
Pet Score:13912
Realm:Borean Tundra-eu

Post by Uka » April 6th, 2022, 1:05 pm

I am also interested in getting this :)
Is there anyone else trying to do that on EU realms?
And if some group already did it, could they please tell about the experience? How hard and long that was?
There is also a comment on Wowhead that says about getting Micronax without the achievement, just on a run (?), so it would be nice to know if anything has changed...

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » April 7th, 2022, 2:38 pm

I was in a pet group that got Micronax a few years ago, back when Legion was current content. We did it on normal, and it took us the whole weekend. If I remember correctly, we worked on it for 8 hours Saturday and then ~5 hours on Sunday. But on Sunday we got some new people, so after we got the last achievement, we went back and re-did the achievements that we got the day before (on a different lockout) so that the new people would get Micronax too.

It was an overall positive experience. We were all there for the same thing, we had different levels of raiding experience, and we were patient with each other.

Uka
Top Rater

Post by Uka » April 8th, 2022, 5:16 am

Thanks for the story!
Yes, it was much easier to do when Legion was current content. Today, when current content is 9.2, it is difficult to gather even a raid for Will of Remornia, which is from 9.0 :D

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » April 8th, 2022, 1:25 pm

Yeah, Will of Remornia took me a few months on LFR, even with multiple toons. I was just resigned to putting up with long LFR queue times for it and figured that if it still doesn't drop for me before the next xpac hits, then in the next xpac I can just solo LFR. It was such a huge relief when the pet finally dropped.

There were also some false starts back then with getting the Micronax raid together. But there will always be people who will want to get Micronax, and eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later), you'll have at least the minimum number of people to get it. And most likely you won't take ~13 hours like we did. Good luck!

Polorky
Pet Score:11332
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Polorky » May 4th, 2022, 2:48 pm

Micronax is also one of my outstanding pets so would be interested in doing this (on EU server). I have some of the solo achievements but missing all the group ones.

Uka
Top Rater

Post by Uka » May 12th, 2022, 11:18 pm

Polorky, what solo achievements do you have and how difficult was to get them? How many of those are the group ones?
I tried to do it, but just saw that the achievement for the very first boss is impossible to do solo.
There are people in LFG every day gathering for that dungeon on the Mythic level for some transmogrification items - I went there once with such a group, but did not get any of the achievements unfortunately.