How to maximize pets from Ember Court

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skyhoof
Pet Score:11926
Realm:Cenarius-us
How to maximize pets from Ember Court

Post by Skyhoof » July 11th, 2021, 7:32 pm

I've been doing the Baroness Vashj strat listed here for some time because you get a chance at the two Maldraxxus pets -- Corpulent Bonetusk and Plaguelouse Larva as well as the Pale Acidmaw mount. And most importantly since you have traditional decorations, you have a chance at Char. I would love to know what strats other pet collectors favor.

Recently I also wanted to get rep with the Countess for her mount while also keeping my weekly chance at Char. Here's what I'm going to try on Tuesday. Anyone see a better strat? Very tough to have traditional decorations with The Countess.

Refreshments: Tubbin's Tea Party for relaxing and formal
Entertainment: Glimpse of the Wilds for clean and safe
Decorations: Traditional for clean and dangerous (and most importantly Char)
Security: Stoneborn Reserves for safe and decadent

Guest #1: Sika for clean
Guest #2 Droman Aliothe for relaxing
Guest #3 Polemarch Adrestes for clean and formal
Guest #4 The Countess for decadent, relaxing and formal

Voskres
Top Rater
Pet Score:10910
BattleTag®:Vosk#1999
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Re: How to maximize pets from Ember Court

Post by Voskres » July 13th, 2021, 12:49 am

Kasir and Formal instead of Sika

Tea, Trad, Stoneborn, Atoning

Skyhoof

Post by Skyhoof » July 18th, 2021, 5:09 pm

I made the change that Voskres suggested and I was able to get my weekly Char and have all four guests elated. I also got a toy, The Countess's Parasol, in case anyone also collects toys as well as pets.

Here's the setup I used:

Guest #1: Cryptkeeper Kassir for formal
Guest #2 Droman Aliothe for relaxing
Guest #3 Polemarch Adrestes for clean and formal
Guest #4 The Countess for decadent, relaxing and formal (and her toy and eventually mount)

So you have 3 guests who like formal, 2 who like relaxing and 1 each who like clean and decadent.

Refreshments: Tubbin's Tea Party for relaxing and formal
Entertainment: Atoning Rituals. I only did the Ritual of Atonement by the stage since answering correctly give +formal. I highly recommend using this WeakAura https://wago.io/3vESj6WO5. I didn't kill the mobs by the fountain since that gives +humble.
Decorations: Traditional for clean and dangerous (and most importantly Char)
Security: Stoneborn Reserves for safe and decadent

Skyhoof

Post by Skyhoof » August 6th, 2021, 6:05 pm

I've heard many people state that you don't get a Char each week. I think there must be some correlation between the chance for Char to spawn and the level of danger or excitement at the Ember Court.

When I used the Baroness Vashj Ember Court Strategy listed here, I would usually get a Char spawn in the first three fires extinguished: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/venthyr- ... ess-guests

With my current hybrid strategy in order to gain rep with the Countess and still have a chance at the pet each week, I have managed to get Char 3 out of 4 times but with much more difficulty. I usually have to extinguish 6-8 fires to get Char to spawn and one week he didn't spawn despite extinguishing every single fire (yes, even the fire you can only reach with the bounding shrooms).

Has anyone else noticed this?