Tazavesh Wild Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Superstition
Top Rater
Pet Score:13768
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Tazavesh Wild Pets

Post by Superstition » July 6th, 2021, 11:42 pm

A bit of imposter syndrome kicked in with my healing and contemplating doing Tazavesh, so I fumbled in without a group curious on where the pets spawn. So I'm sorry if this was posted while 9.1 was in PTR, and I'm just a broken record! If you're trying to get the four wild pets (Curious Purrkin, Silver Purrkin, Damp Skrat, Svakenging Skrat), you can head into the dungeon entrance once unlocking, and the wild pets will be there!

They spawn practically on top of the entrance portal, unlike the wild ones in Mechagon, where you had to complete most of the dungeon! Of the 20 odd resets, they usually spawned in sets of 2. If there isn't a catchable pet and they spawn in as a critter, head out and reset. But you don't have to do any of the dungeon to catch them, no stressing over ilvl, waiting until a new patch or simply getting invited to a group. I have no information on Rarity, though, and obviously, one of the bosses can drop a pet, so you still may wanna run it eventually! Hope this helps someone! :D

Caesarromanus
Pet Score:13056
BattleTag®:CaesarRomanu#1363
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Re: Tazavesh Wild Pets

Post by Caesarromanus » July 8th, 2021, 4:48 pm

Once I figured it out, I was able to get all 4 pets in a matter of minutes.

There is a vendor with a pet located after the first boss, but I think you could get there by just joining a group with someone that has a completed instance.

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » July 11th, 2021, 9:21 am

*cheers* Good to know! I've been putting off unlocking Tazavesh because my ilvl isn't high enough to run it anyway, so thanks for this heads up. This means that I should get my behind in gear and unlock Tazavesh today so I can level up those new pets using this week's pet xp bonus. Thanks!

Gia
Pet Score:12119
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Gia » July 14th, 2021, 11:13 pm

Thank you for posting :) I had no idea. I’ll have to work on unlocking it ASAP.

Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Wezmerelda » July 27th, 2021, 5:25 am

Just an FYI - I tried sharing my lockout with others to get their Rarity pet after I had downed a few bosses in Tazavesh, and was unable to make it work for others. I think mythic dungeons work differently from things like raid saves, unfortunately. If you're able to make it work, by all means please share the way you did so! I just bought Rarity's for my friends I know who never go into dungeons :)

Carnitas
Pet Score:12842
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Carnitas » August 10th, 2021, 10:13 am

I don't know if this was changed but a friend of a friend extended their lockout of Tazavesh from a couple weeks ago (had killed the first boss), invited me and a friend and we were able to go to the vendor and buy the Rarity pet. The toon with the lockout did not enter the dungeon before us, just was group leader of our little group that went in to buy the pet. There was no confrontation with hostile mobs to get to the vendor. Get details on the process and cost from wowhead before you go.