What impact will Global Battle.net have on Pet collecting and Pet battles?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
What impact will Global Battle.net have on Pet collecting and Pet battles?

Post by Hawg » June 11th, 2021, 3:47 am

With the recent announcement that Battle.net will now be global (except China), what does that mean for those of us who collect pets and do pet battles? Some questions:

1) If you have pets (for example) on a US wow account, can you now merge that with an EU account?

2) When we que for pet battles, will we also have the chance of being matched against players in other areas? Presumably this will help que times.

3) Does that mean that some of the pets that were region specific, may now be obtainable by players in other regions?

I've not seen any clear answers to these questions. Do any of you have any of these answers or have other questions about how this change may impact our side of the hobby?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: What impact will Global Battle.net have on Pet collecting and Pet battles?

Post by Quintessence » June 11th, 2021, 8:08 am

From my understanding, the only "global" change for Bnet regarding WoW is the friends list. You'll be able to add and chat with friends regardless of region (this wasn't possible before, right?). I haven't read any official announcement that suggests they'll allow cross-region play (for example: NA player on an NA account playing in EU). If there was an announcement on that, I'd love to learn more about it.

You could try asking these questions on the Blizzard Pet Battle forum and see if a blue poster responds. Cross-region play could be in the works and these questions will need to answered eventually, so it might be good to give them a heads up on these concerns. Or maybe cross-region play isn't planned at all, in which case we won't need to worry about it hehe ;)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » June 11th, 2021, 9:10 am

Good idea, I've now posted it on the EU forums (my US account is inactive). Thanks :)

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » June 16th, 2021, 5:50 am

I'd hazard a guess at....

absolutely bugger all.