Raiding with leashes

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Raiding with leashes

Post by FuxieDK » April 29th, 2021, 12:13 am

We got RwL in v5.1, v5.3, v6.1, v7.2, v7.3 and v8.1... Now, v9.1 is on our door steps, but no word yet..

When do you think we can expect it?

Looking back, there is a pattern saying even n umber ed expansions have one RwL and odd numbered expansions have two; I hope this holds, and we get two this expansion, the first in v9.1

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Re: Raiding with leashes

Post by Rioriel » April 29th, 2021, 4:22 am

Where are we up to? Warlords of Draenor?

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » April 29th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Rioriel wrote:
April 29th, 2021, 4:22 am
Where are we up to? Warlords of Draenor?
Depends what you mean...

MoP was the last, WoD should be next.

And since WoD raids, even on Mythic, is a snooze-fest to solo, it's not a moment too soon to add them. It was already easy peas in BfA..

Rioriel
Top Rater

Post by Rioriel » April 30th, 2021, 5:23 am

Yeah, sorry, I meant what's the next RWL bracket of raids to hit up for pets.

Can't remember what dropped in any of the WoD raids. Blackfuse Bombling? Was that one?

Also can't remember how previous RWLs have worked. Did they go back and ADD new pets to old raid content, or just provide an achievement when you collected stuff that had dropped in the past when it was current content so we ran it to fill in the gaps? They added new pets to old raids, right?

It's all blurred into one long long adventure :lol: Not even sure I know what day it is

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » April 30th, 2021, 2:31 pm

They have added ~12 pets as semi-rare drops from bosses, and then a single as achievement reward from collecting all the drop pets.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » April 30th, 2021, 3:25 pm

I'd be somewhat surprised if they did add rwl considering it appears they are updating movesets on some pets released in Shadowlands from what now appear to be placeholder abilities. Sadly it looks like they're really struggling to work effectively remotely at the moment.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » May 1st, 2021, 3:27 am

Rosqo wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 3:25 pm
Sadly it looks like they're really struggling to work effectively remotely at the moment.
I don't know about USA, but here in Denmark, people working from home, have a 95-110% effectivity, compared to before Corona, where they worked in the office.

Besides, adding an item (pet in this case) to an existing boss, is a 2 minute job.
Creating an achievement that grant a pet as reward, is copy/paste from the previous 6 achievements.

Yes, there is some work in creating the actual pets, but we already know that 40+ are being added in v9.1.. 12ish could easily be RwL, all they need it do change where they drop.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » May 1st, 2021, 4:17 am

Most rwl pets fit thematically with the raid that they drop so it's much more likely they'd create new models.

They released Shadowlands with pets that had placeholder abilities, that shows there is issues with their current working methods. On top of that 9.1 has been massively delayed with the reason cited working from home.

I agree it's not an excessive amount of work to release 12 pets and an achievement but how it's looking I'd be surprised if they did anything which is disappointing to day the least.

Rioriel
Top Rater

Post by Rioriel » May 4th, 2021, 7:49 am

FuxieDK wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 3:27 am
adding an item (pet in this case) to an existing boss, is a 2 minute job.
Creating an achievement that grant a pet as reward, is copy/paste from the previous 6 achievements.
Probably not remotely this simple, tbh.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » May 4th, 2021, 9:53 am

Rioriel wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 7:49 am
FuxieDK wrote:
May 1st, 2021, 3:27 am
adding an item (pet in this case) to an existing boss, is a 2 minute job.
Probably not remotely this simple, tbh.
Adding an item to an existing loot table IS that simple.

And creating an achievement that tracks X amount of items looted/learned is also very simple, as there are tons of them in game, that can be used as template.

The only "real" work, is creating the correct pets, but with 40+ in v9.1 alone, that seems to be a lesser task too.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » May 4th, 2021, 3:38 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pets coming in 9.1 were intended to be released when Shadowlands went live.

Blizzard are struggling to even release the patch because of struggling to get their remote working up to efficiency. We can just hope they do it mid patch or something.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » May 5th, 2021, 10:38 am

Rosqo wrote:
May 4th, 2021, 3:38 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the pets coming in 9.1 were intended to be released when Shadowlands went live.

Blizzard are struggling to even release the patch because of struggling to get their remote working up to efficiency. We can just hope they do it mid patch or something.
Blizzard Announced that v9.1 is the first patch that was created 100% work-from-home, so not very likely, as the v9.0 pets were announced family early.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » May 5th, 2021, 2:22 pm

All the gorm pets went live with placeholder movesets which is a clear indication that pet stuff wasn't finished. There's 3 wild pets added to The Maw in 9.1 which is unusual to add pets to an established zone.

I think in Ions interview he mentioned that 9.0 was mostly done which suggests that not everything was finished.