Larion Pouncer

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Carnitas
Pet Score:12842
Realm:Turalyon-us
Larion Pouncer

Post by Carnitas » March 4th, 2021, 12:30 pm

Is it known if non-Kyrians can loot the pet from Larion Rider Orstus? I always get loot from the other rare that spawns with him but never from Orstus. Kyrians on the other hand get loot from Orstus even if not the pet. Once Orstus is killed and looted by the Kyrian, the other rare turns elite, no silver dragon, and when killed gives no loot. This is all very odd and indicates a difference in looting between Kyrians and non-Kyrians.

Any non-Kyrians able to loot the pet?

Update, I now have the T3 Kyrian anima conductor. Killed Orstus and for the first time I was able to loot that mob... no pet but the other expected things... grateful offerings etc. And my Rarity addon registered my first attempt at the pet!

It appears that to ensure you can loot Orstus for the pet, its best to pull him first as soon as they go active. Doing this you will pull Orstus alone and can kill him first. The other can be killed after or will despawn.
Last edited by Carnitas on March 19th, 2021, 12:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Larion Pouncer

Post by Quintessence » March 4th, 2021, 2:14 pm

I'm interested in hearing if any non-Kyrians received the pet from this rare too.

Unfortunately, I have my doubts. With Blizzard's current track record of having a hidden Covenant requirements on some of the rarespawn drops it wouldn't surprise me if this drop is Kyrian-only.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ziamccabe
MVP

Post by Ziamccabe » March 11th, 2021, 3:07 am

I have killed this boss a few time now. A couple of days ago two of the 4 people in my group got the pet. I checked the armory after and both were Kyrian. The pet has yet to drop for me. :(

I suspect it may drop for Kyrian only. I'll still go after it until confirmed.

Rakeling
Pet Score:13912
BattleTag®:rakeling#1648
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Rakeling » May 17th, 2021, 9:30 pm

I'd really love to know if we have any updates about whether this pet can drop for non-Kyrians. Are there any non-Kyrains out there who have gotten this to drop? It's becoming harder to find a group for this fight and I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time doing this on non-Kyrian alts. Thanks!

Obey
Top Rater
BattleTag®:Obey#2566
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Obey » May 18th, 2021, 12:57 pm

aint it said on wowhead and even here on this site u need to be kyrian with a lvl 3 anima connected to the point where to spawn them? Atleast i was farming it on my kyrian that DIDNT at the time have lvl 3 anima thingy for like 2 months each day! and it didnt drop!

Now my kyrian has the lvl 3 anima thingy ti black bell but i still havnt got the pet and its been 2 weeks each day.....

Sooo not only do u need to be kyrian u also NEED to have the anima conduct thingy at lvl 3 if u gonna be able to loot it

Rakeling
BattleTag®:rakeling#1648
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Rakeling » May 18th, 2021, 1:53 pm

1 person on wowhead says that it was Kyrain only, but didn't cite their sources beyond saying "the data". They may well be correct, and maybe they have access to data I don't, but short of a list of toons this item dropped for to cross reference with their covenant and sanctum features, I don't know how you could come to that conclusion with total certainty. It would be however, be super easy to to prove that you don't have to be Kyrian to get the pet - only 1 example would be required- so I thought I'd ask here just in case.

There's also been some ambiguity about the differences between what is required to summon the mobs vs. what is required to loot the pet.