Honor level pets question!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Gia
Pet Score:12119
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Honor level pets question!

Post by Gia » March 1st, 2021, 12:26 am

Hi!

I somehow just realized today that purchasing the honor level pets on one faction does not add the other faction to your journal. I of course rushed to the vendor to pick up the dutiful squire and the [pet]alliance enthusiast[\pet] only to find out they are locked to honor level 20!

Since I have both Horde equivalents in my journal I was very confused. After opening a ticket I was told the squire only needed honor level 5 and could be purchased in Stormwind, so that’s one down. However the enthusiast requires honor level 20. I am only honor level 10 on my account. The GM who responded suggested I put in a ticket since I have the Horde Fanatic in my journal. They weren’t sure if it was intended that the purchase required honor level 20 or if it was a bug.

I’m wondering if the honor level requirements where increased after I purchased my horde version? I don’t even remember when/how I bought the Horde Fanatic. It seems silly to me that I have one version but can’t purchase the other. I’m terrible at the game in general and even worse at pvp :( grinding another 10 honor levels might take me a very long time.

Do anyone have an info as to how I could have acquired the horde version when I don’t have the required honor level? Was there a change in the way these pets were/are earned?

Thanks!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Honor level pets question!

Post by Quintessence » March 1st, 2021, 1:45 am

IIRC the Honor rewards were changed when Prestige was converted to Honor Levels. These pet rewards had their Honor-level requirement swapped.

I think this Wowhead comment showcases it best: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=115918/duti ... e#comments

2017 - Alliance Enthusiast and Horde Fanatic were awarded for earlier Prestige levels (Prestige 1), Dutiful companions rewarded at later levels (Prestige 7).

2018 - Prestige turned into Honor Levels, Dutiful companions now awarded at earlier levels (Honor Level 5), while the Alliance Enthusiast and Horde Fanatic are now rewards for later levels (Honor Level 20).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gia
Pet Score:12119
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Gia » March 1st, 2021, 10:30 am

Hi Quintessence!

Thank you! I vaguely remember Prestige... I'm not much of a pvp'er. I guess I'll have to start that grind after all, who knows.. maybe it will be fun! Thanks again!

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13255
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » March 5th, 2021, 5:32 am

well here is some bad news, there are 2 MORE pets at honor level 400:O) Sir Snips and Buckethead(though i think i got the names wrong)