Share pet collecting news and advice.
Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Operation: Mechagon Pets

Post by Skooch » January 5th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Hello,

I missed the end of BFA and so also missed the dungeon pets. It looks like the Operation Mechagon ones have all been moved to the lower level which means, if I am understanding, that I'll need to get a group to get through the first level, (because the level squish makes it really tough to do this solo). If I do manage to get to the down-below, does anyone know if all the pets are there? Any tips from anyone who has collected these since the expansion?

Thanks!

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Re: Operation: Mechagon Pets

Post by Prairiehamster » January 8th, 2021, 5:36 am

I've seen them down below but I warn you - a couple of them really like to explode and die before you can get them boxable so well, expect some frustration.

Oaklei
Pet Score:8791
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Oaklei » February 5th, 2021, 9:17 pm

I missed out on these pets too and have been looking for a group to get them, but it seems no one is doing this dungeon anymore. Soloing it is hard as heck so it looks like I won't be getting any of these. :(

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » February 6th, 2021, 1:28 pm

Oaklei wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 9:17 pm
so it looks like I won't be getting any of these. :(
...yet.

Be fine in 10.3 (or 9.3, whatever patch cycle we're in)

Gia
Pet Score:12119
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Gia » February 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm

My husband and I were able to do it as a pally and warlock with very low item levels at level 60. It was though, but doable. Maybe you can find one other person to go with you who can both tank and heal while you dps.

All the pets were catchable there in the first part of the underground section, in the tube thingy either as the main pet or a secondary and they keep respawning every couple of minutes. I was able to get a rare of each. However, H4nd-ee is in another spot after the boss down there and I only saw one, luckily it was a rare so I didn't wait around to see if it would respawn or not. Keep in mind he doesn't spawn as a secondary so grab whatever quality you see.

Good luck :)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 18th, 2022, 4:34 am

The pets are there, and the dungeon should be easy enough, if slow, on any 220+ Tank class. Or, of course, with two or more people in the party.

Vannor
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Anachronos-eu

Post by Vannor » August 22nd, 2022, 2:49 am

I soloed the dungeon yesterday as a 250 BM hunter to get the pet I was missing. A couple of mechanics you need to be aware of but other than that it's just tank and spank.

Post by Guest » September 2nd, 2022, 5:10 am

Last edited by Guest on October 29th, 2022, 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest » October 28th, 2022, 1:27 am

Gia wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 9:42 pm
My husband and I were able to do it as a pally and warlock with very low item levels at level 60. It was though, but doable. Maybe you can find one other person to go with you who can both tank and heal while you dps.

All the pets were catchable there in the first part of the underground section, in the tube thingy either as the main pet or a secondary and they keep respawning every couple of minutes. I was able to get a rare of each. However, H4nd-ee is in another spot after the boss down there and I only saw one, luckily it was a rare so I didn't wait around to see if it would respawn or not. Keep in mind he doesn't spawn as a secondary so grab whatever quality you see.

Good luck :)
Good to hear that. Cincinnati SEO Agency

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13821
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » October 29th, 2022, 3:44 pm

If the pet you want isn't there, battle what is there to make it disappear and wait for the respawns. Definitely doable with 2 or more ppl. Be sure to check out the Warcraft Pets Discord to see if anyone wants to join you-- https://discord.gg/967Vu7G

Silverthorn

Whatever
Pet Score:12045
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Whatever » November 17th, 2022, 12:01 am

I solo'ed Mech not too long ago, 280-ish iLevel boomkin. I was able to clear all the way to the pets area although I had some trouble with HK-8 Aerial boss (last one before going underground). I had to move really fast to the correct tower and start in order for it to complete before I got nuked. If you can't move quickly like a druid with dash and engineering rocket boost, consider bringing a friend, 2 players on the same tower would help.
Oaklei wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 9:17 pm
I missed out on these pets too and have been looking for a group to get them, but it seems no one is doing this dungeon anymore. Soloing it is hard as heck so it looks like I won't be getting any of these. :(
I always check when I start the battle. If I need the pet and it can go boom, surrender and leave right away, then try again. Sometimes the pet's ability changes and you might get one that doesn't go boom.