Pre-patch Scourge event - bring back the Vampiric Batling plz!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12617
Realm:Dalaran-us
Re: Pre-patch Scourge event - bring back the Vampiric Batling plz!

Post by Crazypants » September 6th, 2020, 11:45 am

I don't have a problem with them introducing pets that were never obtainable to certain regions to the regions that they were never available, but using that example to further the argument they should reintroduce old event pets is a convenient fallacy at best.

I assume like some here, I also collect in game mounts and am part of a couple communities who share in that focus. Every once in awhile someone (normally a new member) will entertain the idea of bringing retired mounts back in to the game. That idea is almost universally shunned and the consensus is that would be bad for the game.

I'm unsure why within this pet community the topic of reintroducing old content continuously comes up. A vocal minority maybe? It is a little funny how intellectually dishonest some of these arguments are.

I understand people want to fill holes in their collections. I personally wish I would have sucked it up and done PvP for the spirit of competition pet and am reminded of my mistake every time I see the tabbard in my bank. For me personally though collecting is really all that's left in this game. My RL friend/family guild long ago disbanded, I quit hardcore raiding in MOP, many of the in game friends Ive made have quit or long since disappeared. Logging in and working on achievements or farming for mounts and pets is probably 95% of how I now play this game.

For me there is no point to collecting and by default playing this game if the years I've spent collecting suddenly becomes irrelevant because they reintroduce old content. It cheapens my entire in game experience. I look forward to continue playing this game and seeing my collection grow but not at the expense of the game overall.

Ive thought of this topic a lot over the years and am firm in my belief Blizzard should not release old event or collectors edition pets but as a compromise I wouldn't be opposed to variations. Its something Blizzard already does quite frequently with mounts and while there is some push back to the constant reskins its generally accepted within the mount communities. You might never get that Diablo pet but what about a Uber Diablo from Diablo 2 reskin? I'm sure there's lots of good ideas out there.

Either way this ended up being way longer then I intended and agree or disagree thanks for bearing with my ramblings.

Norkke
Pet Score:11190
BattleTag®:AcidicMantis#1551
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Norkke » September 6th, 2020, 8:06 pm

I would like to see pets that were unavailable be available again.
The enjoyment I get from my pets is in my owning them, not that I have something someone else cant get. Seeing someone else with a rare pet I have doesn't reduce my enjoyment of my pet. I'm interested in what I can collect. What you own matters very little to me, beyond what can I do to get that.

To get pleasure from someone else being excluded doesn't seem like something to be proud of.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 7th, 2020, 6:36 am

The situation I'd be happiest with is if they released pets of similar appearances but different name etc. (like the Onyxian welpling/Spawn of Onyxia). That way, those of us who have the CE/limited pet get to keep it but no one is missing out on the model/abilities.
Digem wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:02 am
and i know multiple friends in game that either stopped or wont start pet collecting because they cant get the ones they want
That's pretty ridiculous, to be honest. I've been pet collecting since the beginning of TBC and there are pets I will NEVER have (Mini Tyrael, baby murlocs etc.). I'm solely a collector too and I'm absolutely fine with collecting everything that I CAN get. I'm not going to throw a childish tantrum just because there are a couple of pets I can't get.

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:12617
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » September 7th, 2020, 6:21 pm

Norkke wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 8:06 pm

To get pleasure from someone else being excluded doesn't seem like something to be proud of.

People are simply having a discussion about something many of us are passionate about. By all means express your opinion, but its not productive to jump in with assumptions of ill intent while serving up a side order of strawman. I think we all can express our views without resorting to demonizing those that may disagree with you.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13693
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » September 8th, 2020, 8:25 pm

I am one of those, who have a lot of the pets you can no longer get in game. But my collection is not complete as I also miss a lot of the pets you can no longer get in game, and the first 3 CE pets.
I'm not sure. I like that I was a pet collector before they were battle pets and got their own tab and you didn't have to keep everyone in the bank or in your bags. I farmed the Vampiric batling on all my chars and the spirit on at least 1.
I am still hoping and preying and wishing for them to make Vanilia and first 2 (or more) CE into digital deluxe and I would upgrade my account right away to get the pets I am missing, or buy them from the blizzard store in a heartbeat.
Same with the first blizcon pet hosted in Paris, before you could buy a online ticket and get the pet/mount/whatever and the promo pets and China and other Asian pets only they got.
So how can I say other people shouldn't be able to get my rare treasures, even thou I was there and they were not ?
To be honest, I just want them to put it all on the blizzard store, and they will earn a lot of money, and I will be happy and buy right away.
Sure, my pretty rare pets will get a lot less rare, but so what. More happy collectors (thou some will be mighty angry) and more money to Blizzard, which I have actually suggested to them once or twice.