Honor Level 400

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Honor Level 400

Post by Noel » July 10th, 2020, 12:59 pm

Finally finished it! It was THE slog and you all know the kind of slogs we do to get pets that's saying something. Here's some tips to help you progress:

1) there is no time limit, just do what you can and no more. I overdid it and burned out accordingly
2) Alliance gets 50% extra honor so play your set of Alliance toons the most (pet collectors tend to have a lot of alts)
3) Every 2 weeks there is a brawl, do this on every toon you have the bonus honor is awesome. One win and done with that toon.
4) The BG event is amazing! Do one win every day on every toon during this week if you can stand it
5) Your main may want to cap conquest every week, two nice side effects is you're going to get full 460 gear (if you're a raider you can *yawn*) and you'll be kitted out in reasonably good pvp gear
6) YOU WILL BE OBLITERATED! Unfortunately the curve for PVP is crazy and unless you're skilled most games will have you completely owned. Just smile and carry on, do not expect to win, you might go days without a win.
6) One of our "todos" is to level each of the 10 allied races; right now we have a 200% experience bonus so no better time. To kill two birds with one stone I levelled allied races 100% in BGs.
7) Honor level 400 is 3.5 million honor, this is not your ordinary grind. So treat this as a LOOONG term goal.

Good luck!
Last edited by Noel on July 18th, 2020, 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Opteron
MVP
Pet Score:12968
BattleTag®:Opteron#1953
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: Honor Level 400

Post by Opteron » July 11th, 2020, 6:22 am

Congrats!
This is something that I will try in the future.
Thanks for the tips!

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » July 12th, 2020, 10:07 am

Grats, I guess..
For me, it's out of the question.. It's impossible.. You might have done it, but it IS impossible.

I levelled 9 toons from 110 to 120 with th AV event, and I got less than two honor levels.

I have done, maybe 7 BGs during the time of BfA and it absolutely makes me want to claw my eyes out.

In Legion, you could do WQs for a few months and you got the pets; that was translated into H37 for me in BfA. I'm now H39 and have done more PvP in BfA than I did in Legion.

I once calculated, that 8 hours of BGs per day (with NO queue time) would require 14 (or was it 16??) months to get to H400 (from H0).

OVER A YEAR OF FULL TIME "WORK", WITH NO WEEKEND BREAKS!!
Last edited by FuxieDK on July 18th, 2020, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 16th, 2020, 1:12 am

If a player sucks at dungeons and raids, good chance gonna suck spectacularly at PvP. Annoyed a bit at Blizzards insistence that we gotta do PvP with the WarMode thing, trying to bring back Fortnite addicts. So the 400 is an achievement that I'll never even approach. But kudos to you crazies that do it.

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » July 17th, 2020, 6:50 am

Hopefully in Shadowlands there will be a "pvp lite" path like there was in Legion. It's a shame those two pets are behind such a ridiculously high gate. Real pvper's aren't the grindy sort, they want wins to get the earned prestige of some of the coolest mounts in the game. Mounts are flashy and everyone notices them. Barely anyone notices pets.
I get that they want people to legitimately try pvp with cosmetic rewards, but this requires years of dedicated play.

Katmando
MVP
Pet Score:13176
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Katmando » July 18th, 2020, 11:04 pm

Well done good Sir ... Kudos to you ! .... I dread that grind and its coming soon for me. 18 more toys for Brutus. Again, Congrats ! That is a HUGE grind and my hat's off to you !

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14016
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » July 21st, 2020, 6:25 am

Congrats! That's an impressive accomplishment. Thanks for posting your tips and advice.