Post Your Latest and Greatest Pet Deals & Drops

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11437
Realm:Dalaran-us
Post Your Latest and Greatest Pet Deals & Drops

Post by Crazypants » June 28th, 2020, 10:10 am

Its been an amazing week for drops and auction house deals. First I get a Ghostly whelping out of a doubloon box then a day later I find a lvl 25 Knockoff Blingtron on the AH for 65k. As if that wasnt enough the RNG gods blessed me with the Astral Cloud Serpent (172 attempts) and Squawks (230 attempts) as well. Best week in 15 years Ive ever had for pet/mount drops.

Anybody else have any crazy in game luck they wanna share?

Sunnygirl305

Re: Post Your Latest and Greatest Pet Deals & Drops

Post by Sunnygirl305 » July 29th, 2020, 1:26 pm

my best luck would be the Gilnean Raven S/S (which you cannot get anymore, not S/S) i bought him for 15k on a high pop server when others were selling the pet for 100k and up it was more of a right place right time for me.

The day that Raiding with leashes pandaria was first released to public/live servers, I WANT to believe I was the first one to get that achievement but I'm sure there were others like me with over 10+ alts who can run these old dungeons and raids lol i know i was the first one to post it on instagram though!

from the top of my head I cannot remember any more "luck" but i CAN remember that i had one amazing player who i decided to help out at 4am after falling asleep, they were a healer, helping them through the assaults to get their cloaks done, we camped for The Forgotten and it was their first time to getting K'uddly and i nearly cried because it was not only their first time but had no idea about the rare dropping that cute pet and they decided to give it to me instead. In their own words, more or less, "I wont make any use of it and it seems like you know more about battle pets than I, please take it, as a thank you for staying up and helping me through both assaults"

Crazypants
Top Rater
Pet Score:11437
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Crazypants » August 19th, 2020, 8:46 pm

Sunnygirl305 wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 1:26 pm
my best luck would be the Gilnean Raven S/S (which you cannot get anymore, not S/S) i bought him for 15k on a high pop server when others were selling the pet for 100k and up it was more of a right place right time for me.

The day that Raiding with leashes pandaria was first released to public/live servers, I WANT to believe I was the first one to get that achievement but I'm sure there were others like me with over 10+ alts who can run these old dungeons and raids lol i know i was the first one to post it on instagram though!

from the top of my head I cannot remember any more "luck" but i CAN remember that i had one amazing player who i decided to help out at 4am after falling asleep, they were a healer, helping them through the assaults to get their cloaks done, we camped for The Forgotten and it was their first time to getting K'uddly and i nearly cried because it was not only their first time but had no idea about the rare dropping that cute pet and they decided to give it to me instead. In their own words, more or less, "I wont make any use of it and it seems like you know more about battle pets than I, please take it, as a thank you for staying up and helping me through both assaults"
Wow stories like this are what makes WOW great. Thanks for sharing.

Toenail
Pet Score:13646
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Toenail » November 16th, 2020, 9:46 pm

Does the Gilnean Raven come in anything other than a B/B these days? I tried several times from the vendor in SW. Is there any difference from the vendor in Darkshore? If the S/S isn't available any longer, I would at least take a P/S.

Kiotay
Top Rater

Post by Kiotay » November 17th, 2020, 10:31 am

Gilnean Raven only comes new in B/B... S/S and P/S breeds only exist as legacy pets and are usually high gold value.

On topic... I scored a Rotbreath for 2k and a Papi for 10k on the same night. Either someone had no idea what they were selling or left off a few zeroes. Hopefully, they were as happy to sell as I was to buy.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » November 18th, 2020, 6:13 am

My 6-month sub ran out over the weekend, and I haven't bothered to deal with it yet, but I was up to 196 attempts on Kael'thas for Alar. All on one toon. I'm really starting to hate that pointy-eared git. Hopefully I'm responsible for a few crazy deals people have found... if a duplicate drops, I'll ask in /g and if there's no takers I stick 'em on the AH for silly money. Like 1 gold silly. I'm in a guild that's got a full GB, and covers all mats, crafting etc so while I'm not rolling round in cash (far from it), I've no need for it... point-blank refuse to buy pets unless they're Horde-only. (One toon).

Wouldn't mind some of that karma rubbing off my way NEXT VISIT TO TEMPEST KEEP EH BLIZZARD?

Stupid flame bird. Don't even want the stupid thing. Stupid bird.

Sights2020
Pet Score:9546
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Sights2020 » November 18th, 2020, 9:22 pm

Hiya
I had some luck fishing in the Vale..ended fishing up the Gloop pet X2....in back to back casts.
I've had uncanny luck in the Wailing Caverns pet dungeon...in 3 straight months I looted the Everliving Spore...
I sold them all after trying it out in pet pvp and other content.

I feel my luck is good karma since I give away so many pets and help out players with whatever they need.
Happy rng to you all.
Tekulve