Recruit-a-Friend and old Digital Upgrade Codes?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Durotan-us
Recruit-a-Friend and old Digital Upgrade Codes?

Post by Wezmerelda » June 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm

Hello fellow collectors!

Years ago (in 2014, in fact), I purchased 4 "World of Warcraft Digital Upgrade" game codes from Blizzard to use in the old RAF system. I never got around to making new accounts and applying them. Is there some way I can use these for the new RAF system to get Rikki and/or any of the other rewards?

Is it worth submitting a ticket to Blizzard to ask about it?

Many thanks for your help!

Wezmerelda
MVP

Re: Recruit-a-Friend and old Digital Upgrade Codes?

Post by Wezmerelda » June 15th, 2020, 6:21 pm

I did a little digging on the forums here for the old RAF system, and it mentions that these codes were used for the Starter Editions that were required, I guess you needed to buy the game *AND* game time for each "friend" account and these codes were used for that game purchase. I bought them on a Black Friday sale for about $5 each. Is purchase of the game required any more for RAF, or is it just game time you're buying? Is there ANY use for these old codes?

Thanks!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 15th, 2020, 7:59 pm

I would inquire with Blizzard about whether or not the codes can be redeemed. To get the rewards for RAF you still need to apply game time to the recruited accounts. So hopefully older codes can be used for game time or something equivalent.

I can't remember where or when, but I very vaguely remember someone mentioning that the old "upgrade" codes are turned into game time now? It might have been just speculation and not actual confirmation though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Best bet is to ask Blizzard directly what (if anything) the old codes can be used for.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Wezmerelda
MVP

Post by Wezmerelda » June 15th, 2020, 8:54 pm

Thank you! I have sent in a ticket and will let you know what I find out!

Wezmerelda
MVP

Post by Wezmerelda » June 16th, 2020, 12:59 am

Good news! I was able to apply at least ONE of the codes to a new starter account and am running around with my new Rikki pet!
Attachments
rikki.jpg
rikki screenshot
rikki.jpg (203.76KiB)Viewed 2352 times