battle info tab and breeds

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Farangor
Pet Score:5411
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
battle info tab and breeds

Post by Farangor » March 17th, 2020, 9:56 pm

Hello all

Apologies if this subject has already been covered.

Under the 'battle info' tab for any given pet listed here, there is a breed included. I always thought that the breed shown was the preferred (or 'best') breed for that pet (where that pet comes in multiple breeds). However, I have referred tonight to the battle info for a pet I acquired last week, and the breed info displayed on its 'battle info' page is now different from the day I caught it.

Is the breed info for pets on this site random? Or does the displayed breed info mean something, beyond 'this is a breed that the pet can come in'?

Many thanks
F

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: battle info tab and breeds

Post by Quintessence » March 17th, 2020, 11:28 pm

The default breed that you see should be the breed that you own. If you haven't collected the pet yet, it will default to any of the available breeds. Regardless if you own the pet or not, all known breeds will be listed.

Note that very low level wild battle pets can appear to "change" breeds as you level them up. This is because some breeds have similar stats at low levels. Additional levels help distinguish it from other similar-stat breeds.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Farangor

Post by Farangor » March 18th, 2020, 6:44 am

I'm grateful for your reply.

Strangely, before capturing the pet in question (captured at level 23), I looked at its battle info tab here and saw the breed listed as 'P/S'. On that basis, I went ahead and captured a P/S pet, thinking that P/S was the recommended breed to acquire. Now that I have this pet with breed P/S, I look at its battle info and see breed 'S/S' listed. Why would this be?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » March 18th, 2020, 7:11 am

Is it possible you captured S/S breed but thought it was a P/S?

Even if you had selected the P/S breed to preview it on the website, once you updated your WarcraftPets collection it should default to the breed you own. Refreshing, switching away and then coming back to the pets' battle page, etc. should result in the same breed showing first - the one you've collected.

Could you tell me the pet in question? I can take a closer look. Perhaps the stats of different qualities (poor, common, uncommon, etc.) are similar between the breeds, and what seemed like a P/S initially was actually a S/S. Or it could be something else but I'll need to know the pet to investigate further.

As a side note: If you're using an addon in-game to view breeds, make sure that it's up-to-date. If not, they can calculate and show the wrong breed. WarcraftPets pulls data directly from the Blizzard API.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Farangor

Post by Farangor » March 19th, 2020, 9:09 am

Apologies for the delay - I'll investigate the pets in question and let you know!

I use BattlePetBreedID and it is up to date.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » March 27th, 2020, 12:51 pm

Farangor wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 9:09 am
Apologies for the delay - I'll investigate the pets in question and let you know!

I use BattlePetBreedID and it is up to date.
Hi,

Sometimes it is not too difficult to tell what the breed is ... but a couple of the designations are not going to tell you what they are or will be ...

Ex: PS Power/Speed ... and generally the first number is high ... 12/9 is a good example
Ex: SS All Speed ... generally the second number is high ... 9/12

The harder ones to define without an update from the BattlePetBreedID addon, is when they show the same number ... 10/10 ... is a good example ...

(Numbers used are just random for example, btw)

Normally in those situations, I will get the pet and maybe even consider getting another one until such a time as I know what breeds they are and which I want. There is no general rule per se, depending on how you like to use your pets, but my preference is for SPEED, since there are some fights out there where the adversary has an obscene number for Speed, and you have to rely on Power and either interrupts or the ability to cut those down ... and maybe your pet has a bomb that you can use to help things along, because those fights tend to be harder unless you can regenerate the health and learn how to use different pets better.

BTW, use XU-FU's suggestions for fights, so you can learn how to use many of the pets ... in the end, we don't use half the pets we could for all the fights ... it's always the ones that we are comfortable and confident with ... but there are some pets out there that are very good.

You might not get very far, but it is worth doing the Celestial Fights in the Island ... and when you get through 3 times, you can get one of their pets (there are 4 of them ... ).