Sherawr
Pet Score:7850
BattleTag®:Sherawr#1509
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Re: Pet name

Post by Sherawr » October 28th, 2019, 4:07 pm

McLegend -

Love the name.

I'm newish here too. I have only named a couple of my pets - they are the ones given to me as gifts. Made it easy to choose names for them. I've been considering naming all of my favorite pets by using web-based name generators. If you google a general name idea, such as "names of Greek Goddesses" (just one of my recent name searches), then its likely you will find several names you like. The name generators are usually thorough in their recommendations. Even if you don't love the names they recommend, the name generator might give you ideas for further google searches or of names you have heard irl.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

-Goldilocks

Juddinscire
Pet Score:11492
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Re: Pet name

Post by Juddinscire » October 28th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I have gone through and renamed a whole lot of my pets over time, but every single one of them is a name that has some kind of meaning to me.

Bush Chicken was changed to Bushchook, which is a local term for one of the beers made here. Cyan Bloodbane was a fantastic green dragon in the Dragonlance series so my protodrake got that name. Others are just funny, or from a TV show or movie or song and I change them when it pops into my head. Don't see the need to change them at all without a reason to do so.