Share pet collecting news and advice.
Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us
Just came back to WoW...

Post by Laraven » August 3rd, 2019, 2:26 pm

Hey guys!

Ive been gone about 3 years. I came back just to level when BFA launched and quit again. But im back now and im missing most pets from Legion and BFA.

Are there any I should really just try to buy off AH? I dont mine grinding and farming but im so behind. If there is any that you guys think I should just try to buy can you please name them?

And also anyone who has anything I need feel free to message me. :)

Thank you!
Laraven

Korgath -US alliance
Laraven#1620

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Just came back to WoW...

Post by Gráinne » August 3rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

Are you looking for a list? It would be a very long list.

And what is best for you depends on your time-to-gold ratio.

I'd break it up into sources:
Raiding with Leashes: Pandaria
Arathi and Darkshore Rare drops
Island Expedition drops
and so on, and tackle each list separately.

Probably worth doing one Normal and one LFR circuit of Pandaria raids for the RWL pets, then buy any that didn't drop. They're very cheap now.

There's plenty to capture, and work through achievements for, anyway, so don't rush to buy everything in the first day; wait for bargains.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 4th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Hi,

I think it was Pet Tracker (and then Battle Pet ID thing) that helped me organize my picking up pets ... since you went to any area and you knew right away that you were missing ... this and that and that (gotta set the MAP option to Missing -- be careful when you exit the map ... it's bugged ... don't use a M or letter ... use Escape).

From that point, you move along each and every way you want ... knowing that you got all that section done makes it easier to move along ... or like my neighbor ... 811 pets and probably 40 or more spots to go get one ... kinda weird for me ... I try to get better organized.

Only suggestion, otherwise, is take them up quickly ... and make sure you do the daily (Ashli for example) so your Pet can take a nice jump ... and keep track on the calendar of Squirt ... because when she's on, you want to make sure you do her 15 to 20 times (just as many pets!), and bring all your low levels up a lot.

You also want to make sure you know/understand the mechanics for Squirt, since one miss, or your Worg dies to a Crit ... and you have to restart it. I did not use any pet goodies at all, except one ... the HAT.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 6th, 2019, 9:24 am

Hi,

As I mentioned above, Pet Tracker shows which pets you are missing for every zone, and this makes things far easier to know where you want to go, although, now you can simply continue on your track for your questing and moving on up, and then do all the pets in that zone at the same time ... in the end, this is easier, and you will not endup with so many places where you have to find one or two pets. BEWARE some pets that are seasonal, though, and that only happen during their festival, or so ... example ... one bird you can only get in the Winter in Winterspring ... or the Qiraji that you can only get during the summer in Silithus (go get it now!), and so on ...

Lastly, there is one thing that is necessary, and I happen to come across it accidentally. You will need to have one character in the opposite camp (at least one Horde or Alliance) all the way up to 120, since there are some pets that you can only get via their playing ... the Zandalar series has several pets, thus you need one Horde all the way up ... and in Alliance, for example, the bird in the Island in Tiragarde is Alliance only ... so you need one of them all the way up.

If you end up at 1000 pets like so many of us, you will notice this quickly when you pull out the print out from this website as to the pets that you are missing ... and the first thing you say? I can't go there ... I'm Alliance, or vice versa!

One last bit of help, not sure it is mentioned above or not ... didn't quite read it all ... is that if you have characters at lower level, these can get XP by doing these fights ... for example, a level 120 doing Stonetalon to get 4 pets is nuts ... so you a level 50 and get it some XP ... and if the character can fly ... even better! AND faster!

There is a small list of some pets that you kinda wanna have quickly, and you probably wanna spend some loot to buy them, since they make things easier all around ... for example, the Teroclaw is essential and the Iron Starlette is very helpful as is the Anubisath Idol ... to make many fights (specially the 20+ fights a lot easier ... the lower levels, it's not so bad ... but I had level 10's do fights under it (except 1 or2 and 3 .... you get the idea) ... and so on.

Other oddities.(If you are going up high on number of pets!)
The Baby Ape ... park a level 40+ (tigers in there are 32/36) and keep him there. The Ape Pet only shows up when it's raining ... so every day you pop him, no rain ... park. Tomorrow you do it, it's raining, get the pet and you are done. The fox in Storm Peaks is the same thing ... only when it's snowing ... you do the same thing but your character has to be high enough for Storm Peaks, is the only requirement ... flying makes it easier ... a lot easier!

There are some fights like that one, but different ... all in all, it tells you that all of us that went way up high, have done that ... the only thing I am really trying hard not to do, yet ... is the stupid Pet dungeons, specially when the information is a bit strange and I look at it, and go ... it doesn't make sense ... the Teroclaw in 6 of the 11 fights and you can't heal it? Ohhh you hope his spell is enough ... I don't think so! I still don't have an answer on that, and it is one of the things that is preventing me from doing ANY of the Pet Dungeons! The Celestial Tournament is OK with me ... though you have to do the whole rotation three weeks in a row to get one pet ... thus ... 12 weeks to get all the 4 pets. However, I have not seen ANY OF THE PETS FROM THESE DUNGEONS AND TOURNAMENTS listed in any pet fight at all! Thus, my priorities have not included any of those dungeons.

A lot of this is about how you play ... one small detail ... I had a character do nothing but Pet Battles for 7 levels to about 114 or something like that ... and there is a problem ... that character did not have enough gear (caster, too!!!!) to fight at that level so I had to do several dungeons until the gear level improved ... so be careful with that, unless you are a very experienced player and leveling a character is not an issue for you!