Slimy pets: Please help me understand this correctly.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Slimy pets: Please help me understand this correctly.

Post by FuxieDK » June 29th, 2019, 5:25 am

1: Find a Prismatic Crystal
2: Find a non-aquatic critter e.g. Critter Friend and use the crystal
3: Lead the newly charmed critter to one of 4 Ravenous Slime and let it be eaten. Slime goes underground.
4: Repeat for X days until.... What?

And then repeat the process for the 3 other Ravenous Slimes or what? Meaning, you need to find 4+ crystals each day?

Am I getting this right?

Spinachdip
Pet Score:10920
Realm:Arthas-us

Re: Slimy pets: Please help me understand this correctly.

Post by Spinachdip » June 29th, 2019, 9:01 am

5 days in a row. there's a video about the math out there. gotta love blizz and their 'creative' content.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » June 29th, 2019, 9:32 am

I'm also pretty confused about this one.

Can you only have one shard in your bags (because I seem to have only gotten one so far - without actively trying)?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » June 29th, 2019, 9:37 am

You can definitely have more than one. They also recently hotfixed the item so they stack, which I didn't notice until I was trying to find the last several I had looted. I've found mine near the rivers and waterfalls.

Oh, and you can also feed all four slimes each day.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 29th, 2019, 10:36 am

Aurae wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 9:37 am
Oh, and you can also feed all four slimes each day.
But isn't there only 2 pets per week, in rotation?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 29th, 2019, 6:21 pm

Tried this first time today and it wasn't bad. Hit the river little ways east of Mezzamere and followed it north, Crystals found at top or bottom of the waterfalls. Admit I'm a druid so I stealth my way through the Tidesurgers, makes it a bit easier. Accumulate four Crystals (and yes, they do stack in your bag) and you're ready for the Ravenous Slimes.

/way 32.9 39.8
/way 45.7 24.1
/way 71.7 25.7
/way 55.1 48.8

Were always critters within reasonable distance of each of the Ravenous so I waited till I was near to grab a follower.

More Crystals in the other south-north river in Eastern Naljazar if needed.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 5:25 am
3: Lead the newly charmed critter to one of 4 Ravenous Slime and let it be eaten. Slime goes underground.

And then repeat the process for the 3 other Ravenous Slimes or what? Meaning, you need to find 4+ crystals each day?

Am I getting this right?
This is correct. You feed all 4 slimes each day for 5 days (will need 4 crystals each day). After feeding the slimes on the 5th day, they will turn into lootable cocoons. Looting a cocoon rewards 1 out of 7 possible 'slimy' pets. You can receive the same pet from different cocoons.

Once you've looted the cocoon, the slimes go on 'cooldown' and you need to wait until the weekly reset to start the 5 day process again.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » June 30th, 2019, 2:22 am

Quintessence wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 7:36 pm
FuxieDK wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 5:25 am

Am I getting this right?
This is correct. You feed all 4 slimes each day for 5 days (will need 4 crystals each day). After feeding the slimes on the 5th day, they will turn into lootable cocoons. Looting a cocoon rewards 1 out of 7 possible 'slimy' pets. You can receive the same pet from different cocoons.

Once you've looted the cocoon, the slimes go on 'cooldown' and you need to wait until the weekly reset to start the 5 day process again.
What happens if you miss a day?

Is it "after 5 feeds X happens" or "When you feed 5 days in a row"?
And do you need all 4, or can you make due with 1 per day (as long as it's the same), if you don't have much time to search for crystals?
Does all 5 days need to be within the same weekly reset?

E.g. I've done one slime friday and sunday. Not consecutive days, and impossible to finish before weekly reset? Am I fucked this week or just a bit slow?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 30th, 2019, 5:43 am

What happens if you miss a day?
Is it "after 5 feeds X happens" or "When you feed 5 days in a row"?
Unsure. I haven't tried missing a day, or feeding them in nonconsecutive days.
And do you need all 4, or can you make due with 1 per day (as long as it's the same), if you don't have much time to search for crystals?
You don't need to feed all 4 each day. Each slime is on its own timer and they are not connected.

Doing all 4 each day will give you more chances for a different 'slimy' pet. If you feed the same one each day, you'll only have one drop for the week. It's up to each collector how much time/effort they want to put into these slimes.
Does all 5 days need to be within the same weekly reset?
They do not. You should be able to begin feeding them whenever you want - at the start of the week, middle, or end of the week. I tested this on the PTR, and it worked fine even when a Tuesday reset landed right in the middle of one of the feeding cycles. The weekly reset only matters for those that have looted a slimy cocoon, because the slimes go on cooldown and need a reset to respawn.

I think you should keep feeding that one slime you've already fed twice. Hopefully it doesn't require consecutive days and you'll have a new pet on the 5th feeding!

Edit: A player has confirmed that it doesn't have to be 5 consecutive days, just 5 days total.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904

Post by Waynebrady » July 3rd, 2019, 9:04 am

Actually I received my Slimy pet after 3 days of continuous feeding. I'm not sure where this 5 days came in...

Perhaps its random? So far I have 5 Slimy Pets.

Eskimo
Pet Score:7391
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Eskimo » July 3rd, 2019, 10:49 am

I can confirm that the 5 days do not have to be consecutive. I got 4 cocoons (3 unique and 1 duplicate) after feeding each slime 5x, but over a 7 day period.
Hope this helps! Happy Hunting!

On that note, if anyone would like to trade “slimy” pets let me know! I need the crab, octopod, otter, and slug. I have a spare fangtooth.
#eskimo1541

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 4th, 2019, 7:49 am

I ended up with just feeding one slime.. After 7 days, 5 feeds and two separate lockout I got my first pet :)

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » July 4th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Last edited by Ranok on July 5th, 2019, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 5th, 2019, 5:36 am

Ranok wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 9:35 pm
Experimented today, one of my toons used Crystal to snag a critter and fed it to a Ravenous Slime. Then tried using a different toon to get another Slime but the other three no longer were there. Went back to original toon and she was able to complete the other three. So apparently first character that works on this each day locks it out for any alts.

My suspicion is that same toon doesn't have to do each of the five days, will be account-wide, but won't know this for a few days.
I've been feeding all four slimes on two different characters every day though. Both chars are able to feed each slime. Definitely doesn't seem account wide.

Both chars HAVE to have done the initial prismatic crystal quest though, otherwise they won't see crystals OR slimes.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ranok
MVP

Post by Ranok » July 5th, 2019, 10:43 am

Mehetabel wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 5:36 am
I've been feeding all four slimes on two different characters every day though. Both chars are able to feed each slime. Definitely doesn't seem account wide.
Thanks for enlightenment on this, I misunderstood cause of second toon not being able to see Ravenous Slimes. He was locked out as he'd already done five days this week.

FuxieDK

Post by FuxieDK » July 5th, 2019, 4:02 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 7:49 am
I ended up with just feeding one slime.. After 7 days, 5 feeds and two separate lockout I got my first pet :)
Odd.. This specific slim haven't appeared today.

Maybe they are actually on a weekly reset, and this one is done for the week.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 5th, 2019, 4:38 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
July 5th, 2019, 4:02 pm
FuxieDK wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 7:49 am
Odd.. This specific slim haven't appeared today.

Maybe they are actually on a weekly reset, and this one is done for the week.
This is correct. After they turn into a cocoon and you loot it, the slime will not respawn until the weekly reset.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » July 5th, 2019, 6:50 pm

I just wanted to note another interesting point about these slimes. My boyfriend and I have been feeding the slimes together each day. No problems there, slimes will happily take critters from us both at the same time, HOWEVER, when we came to do the last feeding and get the cocoons today there appears to be a 10 to 15 minute spawn timer on the cocoon. One of us fed the slime and the cocoon instantly appeared and could be looted. The other person could feed the slime again straight away BUT the cocoon didn't appear for at least 10 minutes. We tested this while grouped and ungrouped. It made no difference. So just be aware, if you are doing this with a friend etc, one of you will need to wait a bit for your cocoon to appear.