Need a recap pls

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Broodmother
Realm:Gilneas-eu
Need a recap pls

Post by Broodmother » May 2nd, 2019, 9:41 am

Soooo I've been gone for awhile (haven't played through legion or bfa), so i need some details of what's been happening while i was away and I've got some idea's i wanna share about CE pets and Achievement difficulty level.

Djkillj0y
Pet Score:9431
Realm:Terokkar-us

Re: Need a recap pls

Post by Djkillj0y » May 2nd, 2019, 4:18 pm

So the highlights.

The argus pet battle achievement isn't hard but does have a couple of fights that won't work without some very specific pets. You need a seriously deep bench to attempt it.

Legion pet battle achievement is pretty cake really but because the fights are only up when the WQ is up it can take a while even if you have the time and the pets to smoke the trainers in one go.

The BFA achievement fight is almost comically scripted at time and shouldn't take more than a handful of pets to beat.

Dungeons - Wailing caverns is a PITA with RNG pet drops from the end result, I farm it only as a form of self-flagellation.
Deadmines is pretty cake and each fight usually only takes 1-2 mid-rarity pets to complete.
Gnomergan is a bit harder, there are some good teams but if you don't have them work on getting them rather than beating your head on the fights trying to make them work.

They nerfed the Terokar hatchling so it's no longer the beatstick it was, same with bone serpent and probably the Panderan water spirit depending on when you left. Howl bomb is pretty much dead.

PVP is still a pit, the people are Ok it's the matching system that needs work.

A lot of people got butthurt when they changed the shiny pet charms out for polished pet charms and overnight the stacks of charms they were holding turned into dross. You can still buy toys and some pets with them but can't buy stones for upgrades.

Island expeditions are crazy and have a massive amount of pets but getting them is as hard if not harder than Timeless Isle because you can't tell where they're dropping from or when.

BFA has been in a constant state of deflation so pet prices are down year over year by about 30 - 40% So if you needed to buy some stuff to fill out your collection it's not a bad time to buy, but it's a horrible time for anyone who was holding pets for arbitrage.

Broodmother
Realm:Gilneas-eu

Post by Broodmother » May 3rd, 2019, 2:19 am

Wew lads, looks like they came up with the idea for pet type achievements already ( defeating a boss with only this type of pet ), though they could do more with it, did they give mini titles that pertains to the pet type? ( beast lord for beast types lich king for undead? ). just wish they'd make achievements a little more harder to earn, most of the time when i got an achievement i'd mostly react like "wow a pet battle achievement kk" it felt like i just got it and didn't really work for it. It's a shame they still haven't sorted out pvp match making, there's a lot of potential to be had with it plus full on tournaments would be nice to get some neeto prizes and stuff. I go more in depth on this post i made ( CE pets as achievements? ) in the pet collecting forums about boss battles and stuff, it's still in the works and some criticism is definitely welcome, i just hope they don't just leave it like this and make it as memorable as old dungeon and raid achievements in wow, though is pet battling still as fun or is it more of a slog now?

Djkillj0y
Pet Score:9431
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Djkillj0y » May 6th, 2019, 11:04 am

They haven't added any type specific titles just the one Tamer title and the tabard.

The battles themselves are pretty good, there are some tricky ones that can still challenge you. I think if you're looking for hard fights the argus battles are still the best for trying to get a unique solution. The BFA battles are weaker and the scripting lacks punch. I think in trying to make the battles more approachable they wanted to keep the fights from requiring a massive bench of older pets. You can generally do the BFA trainers with wild caught pets or profession pets like the Mechanical Pandaren dragonling. After argus the whole thing was looking like you'd have to be a super professional tamer with a 600+ pet stable just to finish the basic fights, it's nice that they decided to go the other way with the fights and maybe leave the harder puzzles to the dungeons which are still a blast to run.