Perky Pug

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us
Perky Pug

Post by Buruan » April 2nd, 2019, 10:32 am

On my quest to get my hands on a Sun Darter Hatchling i realized I need the Perky Pug.....

I have not done any PUG activity at all, ever.
So my progress here is 0, and I actually do not even know what I need to do to move this along.

Is it just queuing up for random dungeons?
Do I need to complete something or will I get credit even if it fails?

Are there any shortcuts to avoid having to run 30+ dungeons?

Sorry for the noobish questions - Been playing since vanilla and never once done a PUG.....

Whoppadoo
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Maiev-us

Re: Perky Pug

Post by Whoppadoo » April 2nd, 2019, 2:24 pm

Looking for multitudes achievement should be all thats needed for the perky pug but Im pretty sure u can buy the Sun Darter hatchling from the ah :/

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » April 2nd, 2019, 2:56 pm

Queueing for random dungeons is how you get the pug. I believe you need to finish the dungeon, IIRC? I've gotten the achieve on multiple toons from doing timewalking mostly... if you do the timewalking quest each time it's up you'll get your pug pretty quick!

Klausv
Top Rater
Pet Score:6681
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Klausv » April 4th, 2019, 12:13 pm

According to some posts on Wowhead, the Perky Pug is not needed for the Sun Darter Hatchling. I have not had the time to test this myself, so I can't verify it. (I don't have the Perky Pug either, so I intend to try the non-Perky Pug version at some point).
A user called Myzou has posted on Wowhead's Sun Darter Hatchling page that you need EITHER the Gordok Ogre suit/Firewater, OR Pygmy/Perky Pug+Princess, not both.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » April 6th, 2019, 8:26 am

Thanks all.

Ill try the Ogre suit version, hope itll work.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Buruan wrote:
April 2nd, 2019, 10:32 am
On my quest to get my hands on a Sun Darter Hatchling i realized I need the Perky Pug.....

I have not done any PUG activity at all, ever.
So my progress here is 0, and I actually do not even know what I need to do to move this along.

Is it just queuing up for random dungeons?
Do I need to complete something or will I get credit even if it fails?

Are there any shortcuts to avoid having to run 30+ dungeons?

Sorry for the noobish questions - Been playing since vanilla and never once done a PUG.....
Seriously? In over a decade, you have not queued for dungeons with a total of 50 random people?

How is that even possible?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » April 6th, 2019, 7:26 pm

FuxieDK wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm
you have not queued for dungeons with a total of 50 random people?
It''s 100, actually, not that that makes much difference. So 25 runs.

And about 15% of people haven't done it. I think about 30% of people play solo. Of course, some of those will have done enough over the years to get the achievement.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » April 6th, 2019, 7:28 pm

I was surprised too, because I have run PUGS before, but always for specific dungeons where I had quests.
As evidenced my my progress of 0, i just never ran a random dungeon outside of my guild.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » April 7th, 2019, 3:22 am

Gráinne wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 7:26 pm
FuxieDK wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 2:41 pm
you have not queued for dungeons with a total of 50 random people?
It''s 100, actually, not that that makes much difference. So 25 runs.

And about 15% of people haven't done it. I think about 30% of people play solo. Of course, some of those will have done enough over the years to get the achievement.
I remembered it as 50, but you are probably correct..
But still, it's up to 4 in progression per dungeon, and some have not completed it, in 10 years?? I just cannot understand.. You can pretty much get it while levelling an alt..

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » April 7th, 2019, 10:32 am

A very sizeable fraction - as I say, I think it's up to a third - of the playerbase never do dungeons at all, except one or two maybe in recent expansions when dungeons gate something they feel they have to do. I boosted many people through Legion Normals so they could progress their professions.

And only Heroic dungeons in Random queues count. Levelling dungeons don't, though Timewalking dungeons are considered Heroic for this, because they basically are.

Klausv
Top Rater
Pet Score:6681
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Klausv » April 11th, 2019, 2:44 am

Quoted from FuxieDK, dunno why the quote didn't work...

"I remembered it as 50, but you are probably correct..
But still, it's up to 4 in progression per dungeon, and some have not completed it, in 10 years?? I just cannot understand.. You can pretty much get it while levelling an alt..
[/quote]

I can only answer for myself why I don't have it after many years.
I absolutely hate dungeons and raids. So I avoid them as much as possible. I get very stressed and nervous whenever I do them, so I'm not going to suffer through them unnecessarily.

However, it seems that I am getting progress towards the Perky Pug from doing Timewalking. They are the only dungeons I force myself to do, even though it's very unpleasant. I do about 2 Timewalkings per char per year, so I get about 8 towards the Perky Pug/year. So after about 12-13 years in total, I should get the Pug. (Since you need 100).

(Come to think of it I also forced myself to do a dungeon on a 110, to unlock champions in Legion. But I will probably not repeat that with any of my other 110's).

Djkillj0y
Pet Score:9431
Realm:Terokkar-us

Post by Djkillj0y » May 2nd, 2019, 4:02 pm

To resolve a question: The number of people required for the pug was raised a while after it was created from 50 to 100. Couldn't say when but it was at least an expansion later.

I wouldn't try this without all of the parts. I haven't seen anything saying you only need the pug or the ogre suit and getting in halfway without everything you need means starting over since not all of the potions and oils have a long enough cooldown for you to run out and get to a mailbox.

I wasted 20k worth of potions and gear getting in only to fail out at the last section because I had a scroll of intellect 7 instead of 1. Had to start over, farm the major potions myself and get back in to get the pet.