Share pet collecting news and advice.
Galthariel
MVP
Pet Score:13322
BattleTag®:Galthariel#1296
Realm:Uther-us
Raiding With Leashes VI LFR

Post by Galthariel » March 13th, 2019, 12:17 am

Just to let everyone know that these also drops in LFR.

I have only two characters and just started to farm these pets. Below you will see what I did and got so far. I will keep the post updated as I progress.

Main: Galthariel

N/H
Terrace of Endless Spring - Azure Windseeker
Heart of Fear - Ravenous Prideling and Living Amber
Mogu'shan Vaults -Comet

LFR
Terrace of Endless Spring - Spirit of the Spring
Heart of Fear - Spawn of Garalon
Mogu'shan Vaults - Stoneclaw

Alt: Khrista

N/H
Terrace of Endless Spring - No Drops
Heart of Fear - Kor'thik Swarmling
Mogu'shan Vaults - No Drops

LFR
Terrace of Endless Spring - No Drops
Heart of Fear - Amberglow Stinger and Spawn of Garalon
Mogu'shan Vaults - Baoh-Shi

I suggest you try it either in Normal or Heroic (only one difficult can be done per week) and then LFR to increase your chances.

*Tried bonus rolls in all the Bosses that drops pets in all 12 runs ans I did not get a single drop so I cannot confirm at this point if we can bonus roll for pets or not but I suspect that it doesn't drop from Bonus rolls.

I'm now missing only Wayward Spirit to complete the achieve and got 2x Spawn of Garalon so if someone is willing to make the trade feel free to whisper me in game.

Bought Wayward Spirit in AH for 4k so I now have the achievement completed :-)

Btag: Galthariel#1296

Good luck to you all :-)
Last edited by Galthariel on March 15th, 2019, 10:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Raiding With Leashes VI LFR

Post by Gráinne » March 13th, 2019, 3:07 am

Thank you for confirming LFR drops!!!!

Waveryn
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Waveryn » March 13th, 2019, 5:27 am

For those that do not know you can find the NPC Lorewalker Han that allows you to solo Que for Panda LFR's inside the Seat of Knowledge. I have 7 out of 11 so far by doing 6 runs on normal (2 toons) 3 runs LFR (1 toon)
Wave

Whoppadoo
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Whoppadoo » March 13th, 2019, 2:58 pm

I didnt run it on LFR yet, not sure I will, but I ran all 3 on heroic with a couple of toons to test the drop rate and only got 2 pets, so figured I would just sell them to make some gold real quick but it seems they wont be too profitable since most of the pets are selling for 5k to 10k already on my server and several people have 2 or more of all the pets in the ah already,,,guess it will make for completing this achievement pretty easy :/

Slizza
Pet Score:13281
Realm:Thaurissan-us

Post by Slizza » March 13th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Supporting the The LFR option as a second run. And it is and will be really handy for those last few pets one needs especially if they drop from the last boss - like the only one i have left to pick up.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » March 13th, 2019, 8:50 pm

dont skip lfr! on my first toon:
- Baoh-Xi - Drop: Qin-xi - Zone: Mogu'shan Vaults
and
- Ravenous Prideling - Drop: Grand Empress Shek'zeer - Zone: Heart of Fear
from hc

then from lfr I got
- Azure Windseeker - Drop: Tsulong - Zone: Terrace of Endless Spring
- Kor'thik Swarmling - Drop: Imperial Vizier Zor'lok - Zone: Heart of Fear
- Amberglow Stinger - Drop: Blade Lord Ta'yak - Zone: Heart of Fear

:D

UPDATE:
toon 2: none new from HC but from lfr
- Comet - Drop: Elegon - Zone: Mogu'shan Vaults
- Stoneclaw - Drop: The Stone Guard - Zone: Mogu'shan Vaults
- Spawn of Garalon - Drop: Garalon - Zone: Heart of Fear

toon 3: none new from HC but from lfr
- Spirit of the Spring - Drop: Lei Shi - Zone: Terrace of Endless Spring
- Wayward Spirit - Drop: Gara'jal the Spiritbinder - Zone: Mogu'shan Vaults

Update 2:
toon 4: no new pet at all

toon 5: hc heart of fear
- Living Amber - Drop: Amber-Shaper Un'sok - Zone: Heart of Fear

doubles: [Amberglow Stinger]x2 [Azure Windseeker] [Stoneclaw] [Kor'thik Swarmling]x2

and done :D
Last edited by Drudatz on March 16th, 2019, 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Prairiehamster » March 14th, 2019, 12:01 am

Today I learned about LFR in regards to raids and I am now much less confused when I started today thinking people couldn't solo the old pandaria dungeons.

The drops are so good. I am pleased.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 14th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Prairiehamster wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:01 am
Today I learned about LFR in regards to raids and I am now much less confused when I started today thinking people couldn't solo the old pandaria dungeons.
LFR version is actually "harder" than 10 normal since it's set up for 25 people (just more health on bosses really). So I saved it for after I completed my 10N runs. The advantage with LFR mode of course is you can skip ahead if you don't need bosses from earlier sections (i.e. I just need Elegon, so skipping first wing of MSV), and reduced travel time since you just have to get to the lorewalker and can port out whenever you want.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Prairiehamster » March 15th, 2019, 5:30 am

Peanutty wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 2:07 pm
Prairiehamster wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:01 am
LFR version is actually "harder" than 10 normal since it's set up for 25 people (just more health on bosses really). So I saved it for after I completed my 10N runs. The advantage with LFR mode of course is you can skip ahead if you don't need bosses from earlier sections (i.e. I just need Elegon, so skipping first wing of MSV), and reduced travel time since you just have to get to the lorewalker and can port out whenever you want.
I see! Thank you for explaining.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » March 16th, 2019, 12:17 pm

The drops in this seem to be a higher percentage than in the past, plus the raids are fairly short, took 4 characters to get all of the pets for the achievement. Plus 3 Comets, which seem very common as two of my servers are selling them for under 3k gold.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » March 16th, 2019, 7:29 pm

/ weird thing is i did not get ANY drop for N or H run :( (my luck) , but got all my drop 8 /11 from LFR .... so far

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 16th, 2019, 8:57 pm

Ganksinatra wrote:
March 16th, 2019, 12:17 pm
The drops in this seem to be a higher percentage than in the past, plus the raids are fairly short, took 4 characters to get all of the pets for the achievement. Plus 3 Comets, which seem very common as two of my servers are selling them for under 3k gold.
Feels about the same in terms of drop rates. It probably feels like this one is easier for a few reasons working in it's favor.

1) You can do LFR for all of them -- twice as many chances per character. Only Dragon Soul had this option before, being the first raid to have LFR.

2) As you say, the raids are all fairly short. Running out of HoF and MSV do add a bit of time, but it is still shorter than any of the large instances in the previous ones, in total.

3) Pandaria is one of, if not the, smallest continents. Getting to the actual raids is fairly easy. Especially the LFR runs, which require you to get to just one place to do them.

4) There are only 11 pets this time. All but one of the other 5 achievements have had more. IV and V had substantially more.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » March 17th, 2019, 3:50 pm

How on earth do you run raids like this on LFR?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » March 17th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Harpooha wrote:
March 17th, 2019, 3:50 pm
How on earth do you run raids like this on LFR?
By talking to:
Waveryn wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 5:27 am
NPC Lorewalker Han that allows you to solo Que for Panda LFR's inside the Seat of Knowledge.
Just pick the raid wing you want access to. It pops you in a short queue and then you go in solo.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12995
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » March 17th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Ok. I'll have to try that because ---

Ran all 3 raids on 10 man normal and came up with 1 pet. Spawn of Garalon. Pretty disappointed.

Did walk away with 2K gold and some patterns my alts don't have. And a music roll. Not a total loss.

Always thought we could do both heroic and normal, but I guess I was wrong. I have 7 alts over 115, so I guess I'll have to run them again.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 24th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Doubling up with LFR runs enabled me to knock out the achievement in one day. Of course I have 10 characters level 110 or higher. But even then I didn't expect to get them all in one day. I finished the achievement by character 4 and had a bunch of extra's that sold on the AH for a crap ton of gold.

Drop rate seems much higher for this achievement than past RWL achievements.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » March 24th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Drop rate seems much higher for this achievement than past RWL achievements.
I see no reason to suspect that. We just have twice the chances with LFR being available for everything (and the raids are shorter/faster to get to).

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » March 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm

We have 2x the chances, too, for Pandaria raids, and I'm *still* missing 5 pets after doing all LFR each week, with the occasional instance thrown in (missing Droplet as well, so 6 pets total), for over 6 months now. On the other hand, I've run these new raids 4x (2x LFR, 2x instances) and I only need 4 more pets.

Anecdotal? For sure. But everything points to these dropping more often. Time will tell.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » March 26th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Cendir wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 9:11 pm
We have 2x the chances, too, for Pandaria raids, and I'm *still* missing 5 pets after doing all LFR each week, with the occasional instance thrown in (missing Droplet as well, so 6 pets total), for over 6 months now. On the other hand, I've run these new raids 4x (2x LFR, 2x instances) and I only need 4 more pets.

Anecdotal? For sure. But everything points to these dropping more often. Time will tell.
The Droplet of Y'Shaarj is not a RWL pet. It -- and the other MoP raid pets that existed prior to this patch (& later WoD/Legion/BFA raid pets) -- are not the same as the RWL series. They are all fairly rare drops, unlike the pets for RWL1-6. The comparison is RWL6 to RWL1-5, which is about the same, just minus some tediousness that made 4/5 seem worse than they were (and with LFR for everything).