Meat to Pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Khloe
Pet Score:10048
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Meat to Pet

Post by Khloe » January 17th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Is anyone else having trouble getting the new pets from the Meat to a Pet xmute? I’ve been doing my xmute every time I’m able to, and I’m not getting the pets! Is this broken?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Meat to Pet

Post by Quintessence » January 17th, 2019, 10:26 pm

It's definitely not broken, but BFA's Meat to Pet transmute does seem to have a lower drop rate than Legion's Meat to Pet.

A lot of collectors have multiple characters with alchemy doing the transmute to try and increase chances of receiving one of the new pets.

Keep trying. RNG is RNG.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 17th, 2019, 11:53 pm

Khloe wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 10:18 pm
Is anyone else having trouble getting the new pets from the Meat to a Pet xmute? I’ve been doing my xmute every time I’m able to, and I’m not getting the pets! Is this broken?
I've gotten 2x Gearspring Hoppers so far, so it does work..
Traded one for a Baby Crawg, so others also see it working..

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 18th, 2019, 3:58 pm

It's not broken, it's really terrible RNG. I have 2 alchemists going and have gotten 1 of the new pets thus far.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 19th, 2019, 1:23 am

Remember that time sinks are important part of Blizzard's income. Longer it takes you to get something, longer you might stick around and send them money each month.

Agree that drop rate on this one is pretty sad, further evidence is the never-ending topic on WorldOfWarcraft Battle Pet forum, think it's up to 154 posts by now, pretty much all bitching about getting another Yellow Moth or something. May improve later on in BfA like it did with Legion.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » January 19th, 2019, 10:07 am

Took me ~17 weeks doing it on 7 characters to get all 4 pets, got like 5-6 new pets total during that time and traded the duplicates.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » January 19th, 2019, 11:51 am

Remember that time sinks are important part of Blizzard's income. Longer it takes you to get something, longer you might stick around and send them money each month.
I think more relevant is, not everything has to be achievable in 2 seconds. If these were all easy people would just complain they had nothing to do.

Basically, they cannot win because the complaints will come either way.

The best thing to keep in mind is that it's about the journey not the destination. That's always been pet collecting. Some of that is time consuming, and some is even frustrating. This has been true since back in classic and BC when pets took up bag space.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 22nd, 2019, 12:23 pm

I do the transmute on four alchemists every week and I'm still waiting for the Baby Crawg and Slippy.

It's like opening your Christmas presents and getting coal. Once a week. Times four. :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Yehuda
Pet Score:13829
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Yehuda » January 23rd, 2019, 7:16 pm

I have an extra slippy to trade for the Gearspring Hopper or the Bloated Bloodfeaster. #Yehuda1260