A Question About The Three Death Knight Whelplings

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jazzalliance
MVP
A Question About The Three Death Knight Whelplings

Post by Jazzalliance » January 15th, 2019, 10:49 pm

In order to get any of the three Whelplings, you have to do the "Power Ascended" thing on your artifact weapons.
So...

The question is:

If I start a Death Knight at level 55 and work my way up to level 100 (oh the misery), will I be able to get an artifact weapon (or weapons) and get the "Power Ascended" achievements that are necessary in order to get the three Whelplings, or are those pets history at this point (regardless of what I do)?

:cry:

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: A Question About The Three Death Knight Whelplings

Post by FuxieDK » January 16th, 2019, 12:42 am

According to Blizzard, all class mounys/pets from Legion is still available..

So I reckon that at level 98 you will be able to get your first artifact.. At 102 the second and 104 (IIRC), the 3rd.. In Legion, the artifact quests were significantly easier to do at lower levels, don't know if it still true. On the other hand, level 120 should be cake walk..

But here is when I have no idea what happens... In the end of Legion, you could get enough AP by doing a single WQ (roughly 2B AP needed) to level an artifact, so 3 total for all weapons..

However, last week, I did a few WQs in Broken Isles, and all the AP items was vendor trash..
Does that mean you cannot level artifact?? Does it mean artifact is fully levelled? Does it mean artifact level is removed? I have. O idea..

I think there is only one way to find out..
Last edited by FuxieDK on January 16th, 2019, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 16th, 2019, 3:11 am

FuxieDK wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 12:42 am
I think there is only one way to find out..
Indeed! Check Wowhead! :P

https://www.wowhead.com/patch-7-2-class-mounts
To unlock the Power Ascended rewards you have to:

Finish Breaching the Tomb and unlock your class hall mount
In 8.0.1 this next step was removed. (Was: Reach the 52nd trait, Concordance of the Legionfall, on specific artifacts)

Once you meet these requirements you can purchase the related mount, pet, and toy from your Class Hall Quartermaster for 1000 Order Resources. In Patch 8.0.1, the requirement to progress a certain spec's artifact has been lifted.
I am quite sure the pets are still available, because I know someone who got them.

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » January 16th, 2019, 7:11 am

The pets are still available and as the wowhead quote from the poster above, you need to do the quest(line) for the mount to get the death knight pets. I have done it a good 2 months ago with a dk i had lying around.

little offtopic, for people who are wondering: the shaman pet is also available as well as the demon hunter(/warlock). I've collected them all after the bfa launch.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 16th, 2019, 7:21 am

Elmarc wrote:
January 16th, 2019, 7:11 am
little offtopic, for people who are wondering: the shaman pet is also available as well as the demon hunter(/warlock). I've collected them all after the bfa launch.
Lock/DH was cancer to get..
IIRC, it took me 96 (vast majority on Lock) attempts to get it.

Druid pets was also annoying, but I got them much faster than DH/Lock.

Atleast, Shaman/Rogue/DK wasn't prone to RNG, as they were part of the class campaign..

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11106
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » January 16th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Yes, I got the monk pet/mount after BFA launch. Power Ascended was a prerequisite before but now it's just kind of a "do all your class hall quests" and "empower your weapon in the circle in Dalaran" and "complete the broken shore storyline" type dealio, no unattainable special achievements required.

Theservvfamily
Pet Score:4615
BattleTag®:Servv#1629
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Theservvfamily » January 16th, 2019, 7:36 pm

yeah I just got the 3 DK pets like a month ago, unfortunately you DO have to do the WHOLE Order Hall questline, which also opens up the DK class mount.

if your DK isn't 120 then it'll take you a while, mine wasn't

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 19th, 2019, 1:29 am

The Broken Shore part, Breaching the Tomb is what's driving me crazy. Been reminded of big annoyance with Legion, all those undocumented questlines where everything had to be done in just the right order, and quests that you couldn't get until had completed something else totally unrelated. Although still annoyed at how the scaling works in BfA, glad the questlines have become a bit more freeform.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 19th, 2019, 8:18 am

Ranok wrote:
January 19th, 2019, 1:29 am
The Broken Shore part, Breaching the Tomb is what's driving me crazy. Been reminded of big annoyance with Legion, all those undocumented questlines where everything had to be done in just the right order, and quests that you couldn't get until had completed something else totally unrelated. Although still annoyed at how the scaling works in BfA, glad the questlines have become a bit more freeform.
Wowhead has it all documented:
1. Overall requirements https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=115 ... id=2488280
2. Class follower requirements: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=47137/cha ... id=2536205
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 19th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Jerebear wrote:
January 19th, 2019, 8:18 am

Wowhead has it all documented:
1. Overall requirements https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=115 ... id=2488280
2. Class follower requirements: https://www.wowhead.com/quest=47137/cha ... id=2536205
Thank you, truly appreciate any help I can get with this. My frustration is with the sheer complexity involved with Legion stuff. I use Wowhead extensively, ever since Blizzard caught on that someone would figure things out eventually and post solutions there, had freed their guys from having to bother to explain what you really need to do. And the two links you have provided are some of the many I've read. Neither mentions though, that you can't get the Champions of Legionfall quest unless you completed your Class Hall Campaign.

I guess must've had much higher tolerance for this back in Legion but since Blizzard has seemed to go away from convoluted quest chains and achievements, had gotten spoiled.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 20th, 2019, 9:05 am

Ranok wrote:
January 19th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Neither mentions though, that you can't get the Champions of Legionfall quest unless you completed your Class Hall Campaign.
It's actually in the first requirement listed in the 2nd link:
Wowhead wrote: Achievement A Glorious Campaign must be completed on that specific character (achievement is accountwide, but requirement for the followup is based on character specific progress)
It might be easy to miss because of the wording. The link embedded in that sentence further explains with "Complete your class Order Campaign" but you would either have to follow the link or hover over the link with your mouse to see it.

NOTE: I'm not disagreeing with your assertions about wowhead or current policies that point to it. I will say however, that even back in vanilla before wowhead became as big as it is and Thottbot and Allakhazam were bigger that the common GM response didn't point you to a site but still said they couldn't provide tips on how to complete quests. I still find it annoying when they divert you to wowhead though, especially in situations where they don't even read your submitted question, which wowhead wouldn't fix anyways.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829