Wanderer's non festival

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us
Wanderer's non festival

Post by Tekulve2018 » December 31st, 2018, 5:50 pm

Hiya all
So being on the Atlantic Ocean, I put this off a good while since it meant 2-4 a.m. for me.
I was there for the fireworks to open the 'festival' ..camped the full 2 hours and 2 pets total spawned.

About 12 collectors were there ..seemingly from all realms.. I wsp a few.. nobody else saw more than 2 pets spawn.

I guess I wanted to wonder -aloud- why the hassle with this and why punish people from certain time zones more than others ?
----
Besides all that, I dont see anything but the availability of the hatchling going on there..so how about allowing a few more to appear?!
------
This isnt just sour grapes.. I did the kirin tor familiar, unborn valk and pebbles chases back in the day..but I feel like a lot of pet fans left empty handed for no good reason.
Tekulve

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Wanderer's non festival

Post by N0083rp00f » January 1st, 2019, 4:35 pm

I was able to complete this one by staying up late and being short on sleep the next day during the quiet time between expansions.
West coast people [devs] not even understanding things like math or time zones that are not California - also Chalk it up to not giving even a quantum of care for anybody not with driving distance of HQ and part of their circle of freinds.

As for spawn and drop rates on older content, they always go down and never up.

They have never put time or effort into fixing stupid things in older content. Take timeless isle - if you never got the cloak for whatever reason - sucks to be you - they don't care. How about spelling mistakes on names or basic grammar on tags or descriptions - total waste of time by their opinion even though all it would take is an intern re-keying the text files at any time.

Until such time as they get someone [not Activision] with a clue-by-four of sturdy hickory and beat them within a quantum of their life expiring, I do not see things ever improving.

Tekulve2018

Post by Tekulve2018 » January 1st, 2019, 6:20 pm

:D
I wish I would have had your reply to read while camping for the hatchling. Funny stuff (with that thread of truth of course)
As it was, I fished a bit and chatted with fellow Wanderers. I wont go back unles Im in-game at 'crazy o'clock' another Sun/Mon

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13032
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » January 3rd, 2019, 1:17 pm

I live in Atlanta, but I work nights so it has always been easy for me. OTOH, I miss all the stuff that happens during prime time. It remains the one event that happens on my schedule and I will always have a soft spot for it.

It occurs twice. At 12 AM EST/EDT and 2 AM EST/EDT. Pets spawn after everyone has gathered. There are 5 spawns. After they are captured, they do not respawn. The event ends in about 20 minutes. The event repeats 2 hours later.

It took a couple of times before I was able to capture the pets. Best bet is to show up once just to soak it in and take a mental note of where the spawn areas are. Have your capture team ready. Pounce on the first spawn you can get to.

Sometimes I still go there because I enjoy listening to the song. It's always kind of sad to see the last pandaren shove off on a raft into the sea because the weekend is over and when I wake up it will be time to go to work :(

Tekulve2018

Post by Tekulve2018 » January 3rd, 2019, 6:20 pm

Glad you enjoy the festival!
For me, I went at 1a.m. Atlantic time (as I read on a few sites) but nothing happened until 2 am Atl.time-opening ceremonies
this was 1 hour later than advertised.

I stayed until 4am when it ended with 2 visible spawns on my map.
There could have been 5 but nobody I wsp claimed to see more than 2.
I saw the battlers being used by the 2 spawns I witnessed but nothing else.

I guess I dont get the sense of so few spawns if its a 2 hour long event and 30 seconds of spawns max

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » January 4th, 2019, 6:06 pm

As this is old content, I think the turtles should spawn throughout the event. The festival is so lovely, it's a shame to have it ruined by competing over spawns.
Mingyao on Madoran

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13032
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » January 29th, 2019, 6:38 am

I just wanted to follow up on this because I was there last night.

Arrived just before the event started. There were a dozen or so players there. It was obvious to me that several were in place waiting for the turtles to spawn.

I have to confess that I was watching the fireworks at first. I didn't remember them going off the way they did, so it kind of distracted me. When I looked a the map, there was one paw print. But I flew around and saw that the others had already been engaged in battle.

My advice is to go to the festival a couple of times just to get an idea of where the turtles spawn. Once you have a good idea of where they will be, show up early and stake out a spot. They only spawn once, so there's no need to hang around if you don't get them.