Did they "nerfed" polished pet charms wq rates?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu
Did they "nerfed" polished pet charms wq rates?

Post by Rakrath » December 1st, 2018, 8:40 am

Hey,

since the tripple XP week, 2 weeks ago, i started to care (more) about my pet collection and completing/leveling them.

And in these process i started to focus on polished pet charms wqs. But since a few days, there are barely any new pet charm wqs. Instead many wqs with leveling stones are showing up. I am eu horde.

What is your "feel"/experience on this, as you might have done it longer than me? Maybe just "unlucky" wqs?

Rakrath

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Did they "nerfed" polished pet charms wq rates?

Post by Peanutty » December 1st, 2018, 2:49 pm

Some days there aren't any WQs with charms, other days there's multiple WQs with charms plus missions. It's just random, there's no guarantee of what rewards will be up on a given day.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 2nd, 2018, 8:29 am

They've been very steady. There's been no change. On a smaller time scale, it might not look like it, as there will appear to be more or less over a short span of time (a couple of days ago there were pet charms from 3 of the 4 WQs), but it averages out.

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » December 3rd, 2018, 4:04 pm

I want to say I see at least 1 every day, often 2, and sometimes 3.

Now, if you want to talk about PPC from the war table.. I had a 2 week dry spell there, followed up by 3 PPC quests in a row. Go figure.

Koleckai
Pet Score:9001
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Koleckai » December 3rd, 2018, 11:15 pm

There were two up on the Alliance Island today. With my different alts, I was able to get about 240 charms today.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » December 4th, 2018, 4:21 am

World Questa. .very steady I would say.

From the missions table, I get more charms missions from the toons that have more followers. There was a 2 week lull where
there were very few charms missions tbh..seems better recently.

Depending on your number of alts of course, you can rack them up decently quickly..39 charms per toon yesterday for example from wqs.... I would say no nerf. At the same time, I am loathe to spend them (for no rational reason)
Tekulve

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » December 16th, 2018, 1:09 am

I did all the pet charm quests religiously since I could, on as many toons as I could stand, and I found there was always one up somewhere, at least once a day. Sometimes we could get three or zero but generally I found there was at least one.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » December 16th, 2018, 1:34 am

This week has been excellent for pet charms, not sure if it's related to the patch or just a coincidence but I've been grabbing easily 100+ per day my on my three toons.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 21st, 2018, 8:52 pm

Hi,

The only trick I have found to keep/maintain the Charms is to have multiple characters at 120. As soon as you get the WQ quest, then you can see most things. Thus, if Jammer is up, you know that your 4 characters can get it ... time to march them over there!

With only one character, I am not sure that one can collect enough Polished Pet Charms to be competitive, at least within the listing that Warcraft Pets has for players.

I only have one issue with all those pets and adding them up ... I don't see a single one of them breaking into the top 20 discussion, and that is sad ... almost all pets are just a copy ... thus, for you to get the GreenWing Macaw, you have to do another quest (or two!) and ... the pet will never be used!

Other than that, it's fine ... but it would be more fun if more strategies listed more pets than the same ones over and over again. I like the different bits and pieces ... makes it more fun!

Ocelot2000
MVP
Pet Score:13195
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Ocelot2000 » January 1st, 2019, 3:49 pm

The Pet Charm quests were popping great until this last week. I have noticed they have made those pop up less and instead we are getting a lot more critter or undead etc battle stones instead. Very annoying for us who are only half way through collecting, lol.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » January 2nd, 2019, 11:13 am

Ocelot2000 wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 3:49 pm
The Pet Charm quests were popping great until this last week. I have noticed they have made those pop up less and instead we are getting a lot more critter or undead etc battle stones instead. Very annoying for us who are only half way through collecting, lol.
It wasn’t changed. It’s just random.

The leveling stones are replacing AP and resources, not charms.

Ocelot2000
MVP
Pet Score:13195
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Ocelot2000 » January 2nd, 2019, 9:29 pm

I know it's random, but I think they silently lowered the percentage rate of them showing up, because there were multiples every day and now hardly any are showing up any day, and I keep checking.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 3rd, 2019, 2:21 am

Ocelot2000 wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 9:29 pm
I know it's random, but I think they silently lowered the percentage rate of them showing up, because there were multiples every day and now hardly any are showing up any day, and I keep checking.
I really doubt it. How long have you been checking and do you have actual numbers to back this up? I'm not keeping count but charms have ebbed and flowed since the start of xpac. I've gotten close to 100 in one day on one toon and 0 on other days. It all balances out over time - I was reliably able to get a new pet every 3 days or so.

You really need multiple max level toons to accelerate charm acquisition, that's the only "trick."

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » January 3rd, 2019, 9:22 am

Ocelot2000 wrote:
January 2nd, 2019, 9:29 pm
That's exactly what random is. Could be more than one a day. Could be zero. And random is streaky. So it very much has the ability to be feast or famine. A couple weeks ago, it swung the other way. There were several days in a week that there were 3 up at once. That's just how random chance works. They aren't trying to stop you from getting charms. Some times the rate in the short term will just be slower.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » January 4th, 2019, 10:33 am

Each day I do every world quest for pet charms on 3 different toons. It has been VERY light for the past week or so. There is one up today for 14, but yesterday there were none, and the day before...

ThunderJoe
Pet Score:13621
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by ThunderJoe » January 4th, 2019, 1:04 pm

There were two quests for me yesterday, one for each continent. 28 charms total.
Random

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » January 4th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Waynebrady wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 10:33 am
Each day I do every world quest for pet charms on 3 different toons. It has been VERY light for the past week or so. There is one up today for 14, but yesterday there were none, and the day before...
Today, in contrast, there are 3 on US realms (Leana, Burly and Talia). 45 charms per character. Just how it goes.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Prairiehamster » January 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm

I think I'm cursed on the war table ones though. 195% success chance and the bonus roll... failed.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » January 5th, 2019, 2:11 am

Prairiehamster wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm
I think I'm cursed on the war table ones though. 195% success chance and the bonus roll... failed.
Me too! The only quests that fail for me are these. I just had a 195% fail too.

Prairiehamster
Pet Score:11380
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Prairiehamster » January 6th, 2019, 3:23 am

Denverrunner wrote:
January 5th, 2019, 2:11 am
Prairiehamster wrote:
January 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Me too! The only quests that fail for me are these. I just had a 195% fail too.
I whisper a little 'noooo!' each time.