the new ingame store charity pet looks pretty cool....we all need one :D

"People say that NOTHING is impossible, but I do nothing everyday" Pooh

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Whomper

Post by Angelcat2887 » November 2nd, 2018, 4:40 pm

If you stand still long enough with him he start to rock out with horns in the air :twisted:

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13920
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » November 2nd, 2018, 6:45 pm

I picked him up just now but I wish he came with the Plushy, or you could get both at a reduced cost.

Still looks great tho!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 2nd, 2018, 7:16 pm

[pet]Whomper[/pet] is huge for a battle pet! Even without a biscuit, he stands really tall relative to my Nelf. :lol:

This pet's profile is up, however it will likely take time for Blizzard to add it to the Bnet Armory. It may not import properly for a while. We're working on finalizing it's profile image - thanks for your patience!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » November 3rd, 2018, 8:17 am

stupid question , which charity are we supporting this year ?

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 3rd, 2018, 3:07 pm

GrosBonda wrote:stupid question , which charity are we supporting this year ?
Code.org? Have to admit even after looking it up I'm not sure what it does. I kind of wish they gave us a small selection of charities to choose from, rather than having no choice.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 3rd, 2018, 4:15 pm

Code.org is a nonprofit organization that aims to bring computer science to more schools, plus increase participation by women and under-represented minorities in said field. Teach kids to code and maybe they'll make the games we love and adore in the future.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » November 5th, 2018, 4:59 am

Hiya all
Whomper is super cute and should be an excellent battler .. The attacks will have some synergy and should be useful.

I have to admit to being underwhelmed by the choice of Code.org as a charity. This month, many of you would have seen the images and heard news of the devastating famine in Yemen. It impacts over14 million people with 2 million children at dire risk.

Blizzard could have even chosen a less political cause and created a mermaid battlepet with proceeds going to a charity that combats the plague of ocean plastic on our planet.

There is no lack of demand for technology or games on our planet. The consequences of not acting on a shortage of people who can code are not catastrophic either.

Of course, people can give to all these causes. I am not telling people to boycott anything. I am simply suggesting Blizzard's
charity of choice looks morally obtuse to me.
But I do love the pet - noone should feel badly about getting Whomper..I will sooner or later
Tekulve

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 5th, 2018, 7:27 am

I've grabbed him! He's super cute and HUGE! :o
Peanutty wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:stupid question , which charity are we supporting this year ?
Code.org? Have to admit even after looking it up I'm not sure what it does. I kind of wish they gave us a small selection of charities to choose from, rather than having no choice.
Code.org is a FANTASTIC charity! I'm impressed and happy that Blizzard have decided to support it this year (and I'm not even American). :D

They are all about introducing children to computer science, focusing on disadvantaged kids, minorities and encouraging girls to pursue careers in computers and programming. The world is computerised these days and there are so many kids that don't even have access to computers, let alone understand how to use them or do basic programming.

These stats on the Code website speak for themselves:

Computer science drives innovation throughout the US economy, but it remains marginalized throughout K-12 education.

15 states have adopted a policy to give all high school students access to CS courses (and of those, only 6 states give all K-12 students access)

570,926 Open computing jobs nationwide

49,291 Computer science students graduated into the workforce last year