Classic re-release = CE pets for all?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Spifty
Pet Score:10056
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Classic re-release = CE pets for all?

Post by Spifty » October 10th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Will the re-release of classic WoW come with the option of buying it in the Collector’s Edition and thus allow many of us to obtain the 3 corresponding pets?

Obviously there is no answer to this yet, but I would love to know what you all think. I personally have never seen a game released without a physical edition option, especially from Blizzard. And why would they waste the opportunity for more money? My inkling right now is they will keep things very true to form from vanilla minus exploits. This makes me think that classic progress will be separate from everyone’s current accounts. There will not be account-wide application of newly obtained mounts, achievements, feats of strength, transmogs, etc. But then again I can see a money incentive for Blizzard there too. If they did release the CE option with the 1 or 3 pets option that applied to your main account that would make those $5000 copies on eBay worth diddly. Sell now or buy now? I’m so curious about this one. I doubt this question could be answered at BlizzCon, but boy do I hope it at least gets asked.

I’m eager to hear your thoughts too.
Last edited by Spifty on October 10th, 2018, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arilith
Top Rater
Pet Score:7029
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Re: Classic re-release = CE pets for all?

Post by Arilith » October 10th, 2018, 7:20 pm

I'm betting they will put them in the digital deluxe, but I'm also betting they won't be account wide.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 11th, 2018, 5:02 am

It would be a powerful incentive to get people to try it. I would be unsurprised to see them available as a digital deluxe, and for them to go to your retail account as well.

They've shown they are not adverse to making the previous physical-only pets available as digital. They did it for the SC2 CE pets when LotV came out.

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » October 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm

the only problem i can see is that the ppl who have the 3 from the orignal wow will be hurting, i mean if i had payed out over £800 for a copy for the pets i would be a bit miffed.

I think it would be good if they had the 3 pets but with new updated models, then everyone can collect them and the people who have the orignals still get to keep the "rare" stats of them.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » October 11th, 2018, 1:58 pm

Angelcat2887 wrote:the only problem i can see is that the ppl who have the 3 from the orignal wow will be hurting, i mean if i had payed out over £800 for a copy for the pets i would be a bit miffed.

I think it would be good if they had the 3 pets but with new updated models, then everyone can collect them and the people who have the orignals still get to keep the "rare" stats of them.
They've had them for some time, and if they chose to spend that amount of money on them with no assurance it could never be had cheaper. That handful will not stop Blizzard from making them available to a wider audience at some point.

I imagine also that most of them are like me. When Blizzard makes something available for more people to get enjoyment out of it, they are happy for the beneficiaries.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13815
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » October 12th, 2018, 10:56 am

I would prefer that they make more of the EU only pets available to NA realms, like they did with the recruit a friend rewards several years ago.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » October 15th, 2018, 9:54 pm

Arilith wrote:I'm betting they will put them in the digital deluxe, but I'm also betting they won't be account wide.
pets ARE account wide.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » October 16th, 2018, 10:19 pm

So far Blizzard has been really good about saying it's 1-time only and not going back on that years later. Kind of sucks for those of us, like me, that didn't go to Blizzcon or pay extra for some silly game back in the day. But not fair to the few who were there and did that to suddenly make it where everybody can get same rewards they did.

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » October 17th, 2018, 9:08 am

Wouldn't it be nice to get a high quality re-skins of the pets instead? That way its something cool and nostalgic for people buying whatever digital deluxe version of classic comes out, and people who sold out for the 'original' could still keep their 'old' look (wether they would be two different pets with slightly changed names or the same pet with two 'skins' depending on the origin is i guess another debate).

Nelaphim
Top Rater
Pet Score:9951
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Nelaphim » October 17th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Finally, something that would get me to buy/try classic!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » October 20th, 2018, 6:50 am

i hate to rain on your parade. but i find this very very unlikely, during BC there was an option to buy a digital upgrade of vanilla wow, annoyingly for me i wasn't playing at the time and had not been bitten by the pet bug, as i had the shits with wow and had gone back to playing NWN online, i think at the time it was 50$ us for the upgrade and was only for countries that never had the physical version of wow CE shipped too, but could be wrong. Still who knows, it would be a major cash cow for blizz/activision so anything is possible, even if it is unlikely.

Zahira
MVP
Pet Score:10951
Realm:Archimonde-us

Post by Zahira » October 21st, 2018, 3:33 pm

Ranok wrote:So far Blizzard has been really good about saying it's 1-time only and not going back on that years later. Kind of sucks for those of us, like me, that didn't go to Blizzcon or pay extra for some silly game back in the day. But not fair to the few who were there and did that to suddenly make it where everybody can get same rewards they did.
Yeah I didn't even start playing wow until WotLK so I never had the opportunity to get it when it was new so there's that to so that's sort of not fair to me if you want to get real technical about it, I had never even heard of warcraft or world of warcraft or any of its incarnations before I started dating my husband. LOL but I get what you're saying and I think it's unlikely they will re-release them at all, if anything I would think recolors with different names of teh same pets so they aren't actually the same.
Zahira#1279

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » October 22nd, 2018, 10:21 am

That could be amazing, especially because the CE was very rare... I never see one in my city. I remember that I was able to buy a spanish version of the game because WoW was lettarally sold out...

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » October 22nd, 2018, 6:29 pm

Ranok wrote:So far Blizzard has been really good about saying it's 1-time only and not going back on that years later. Kind of sucks for those of us, like me, that didn't go to Blizzcon or pay extra for some silly game back in the day. But not fair to the few who were there and did that to suddenly make it where everybody can get same rewards they did.
Mini Thor would like a word with you.

Fynzou
Top Rater
Pet Score:13722
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Fynzou » October 23rd, 2018, 4:05 am

Warbot?

They literally advertised it as a limited time pet, exclusive only to people who participated in the promotion.

Then they released it as a vendor item.

That was not fun, having an exclusive promotional item being released as a vendor item with no compensation. At least in this case, the re-release would simply be a re-release, obtained in the same exact way.

Gilneas
Top Rater

Post by Gilneas » October 23rd, 2018, 8:55 am

I think people get too hung up on the word exclusive. It doesn’t actually mean only from that one source forever. It just means only from that source at the time of the promotion. This is not just relating to Blizzard, but all similar promotions.

Kurashi
MVP
Pet Score:12372
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Kurashi » October 24th, 2018, 10:17 am

Legion is no longer current and there was an option to upgrade to the collector's edition a few days ago... So this wouldn't be unheard of. Most of the disdain will come from players that dropped hundreds to thousands of dollars on these editions. I am one of those players that wasn't here for Vanilla or Burning Crusade. I would welcome an opportunity to obtain these pets, I feel there are more in my position than not.

That could even donate the funds made to charity, that could take the edge off.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 1st, 2018, 5:23 am

I honestly hope not.

Mostly because I spent an absolute fortune buying the Vanilla CE on Ebay a couple of years ago!

I'd be quite happy if they did "new" versions though . . . like they did for the China release pets like the Golden Pig etc.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Graendal
Pet Score:13712
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by Graendal » November 1st, 2018, 6:36 pm

I hope they add Digital Deluxe versions for all the old CE editions.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 5th, 2018, 9:19 am

Honestly I have a few rare pets and yet I hope they make them ALL available to everyone. If you started today you should be able to "collect them all". Those blank spots in my journal irk me lol (yeah they're only pixels!)

Everything should be achievable, now the difficulty could be adjusted to make it quite difficult, but achievable.