Classic re-release = CE pets for all?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu
Re: Classic re-release = CE pets for all?

Post by Angelcat2887 » November 5th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Well it seems that everyone with a live account will be getting classic for free, so I very much doubt there will be a CE at all. And I believe they said they where not going to have achievement linked (so if you did something on classic u would get a pet on live). So I’m thinking no new or old pets at all.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 6th, 2018, 4:05 am

Yup, and since the transmog question in the Q&A panel (would gear acquired in classic be available for transmog in the regular game) was a resounding "no" from the developers, I'd say this is unlikely.

Someone also asked if there would ever be account-wide rewards (pet or otherwise) for achieving things (levels etc) in Classic and the answer to that was "no" as well, as they want people to play Classic just because they want to, not for rewards.

It's very obvious they want Classic to be a completely separate game, not related to the main game at all.

Noel
Pet Score:13092
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Noel » November 7th, 2018, 10:50 am

It seems to me they can sell a "digital deluxe" version....leaving millions of dollars on the table isn't something public companies do :)

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 8th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Noel wrote:It seems to me they can sell a "digital deluxe" version....leaving millions of dollars on the table isn't something public companies do :)

It does seem wierd but they seem hell bent on keeping classic and the current game separated. Think they don’t want to do a CE for two reasons . One, to not to upset players that bought those CE already and cheapen CE. Rereleasing CE kinda defeats the purpose of CE. Secondly, to keep expectations for classic lower. As I don’t think they want to put a lot of man power and resources behind classic . As they don’t want the main attention taking away from the current game . This is basically a bone they are throwing the fans

Nikkip
Pet Score:10818
BattleTag®:Nikki#1932
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Nikkip » November 8th, 2018, 2:41 pm

Fynzou wrote:
Ranok wrote:So far Blizzard has been really good about saying it's 1-time only and not going back on that years later. Kind of sucks for those of us, like me, that didn't go to Blizzcon or pay extra for some silly game back in the day. But not fair to the few who were there and did that to suddenly make it where everybody can get same rewards they did.
Warbot?

They literally advertised it as a limited time pet, exclusive only to people who participated in the promotion.

Then they released it as a vendor item.

That was not fun, having an exclusive promotional item being released as a vendor item with no compensation. At least in this case, the re-release would simply be a re-release, obtained in the same exact way.

No last year we were able to go back and BUY the collectors pets for the game they came with. This should happen with wow too.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 10th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Digem wrote: One, to not to upset players that bought those CE already and cheapen CE.
I doubt this is a concern for them. The number of people who had them to begin with is rather small. The number of people who had them and are still around is even smaller.

Given their willingness to make these sorts of cosmetics available to a wider audience at a later date, it will likely eventually happen. Maybe not with the release of Classic, but when they feel an appropriate opportunity comes along for the retail game (such as... November 2019).

Mokrath
Pet Score:11739
BattleTag®:Mokrath#1637
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Mokrath » November 11th, 2018, 1:45 am

As someone with every CE from Vanilla to current I would be okay with all the pets being available again in some form.
I would also like to see this happen with every "exclusive" pet including BlizzCon, Arena, etc...
Those forever empty spots drive me crazy and everyone should be be able to "catch em' all!"

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13880
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » November 14th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Mokrath wrote:Those forever empty spots drive me crazy and everyone should be be able to "catch em' all!"
I feel the same pain including not getting the Fetish Shaman even though I own the Diablo III Collector's Edition, There was apparently a limited time-frame to redeem the pet. :(

That being said, I'm not sure my collection would mean as much to me if I was simply buying every missing pet. I'd love to do so, but it is something I understand about Blizzard-- they are not going to give everyone every pet--you will have to work at each one, either acquiring the gold or cash, pvp, achievements, etc. And some will forever be out of reach.

But maybe the ones you have and the WarcraftPets rank you earn will mean that much more to you when you earn it. And now back to that horrible honor farming for Bucketshell and Sir Snips. :(

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » November 16th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Gilneas wrote:
Digem wrote: One, to not to upset players that bought those CE already and cheapen CE.
I doubt this is a concern for them. The number of people who had them to begin with is rather small. The number of people who had them and are still around is even smaller.

Given their willingness to make these sorts of cosmetics available to a wider audience at a later date, it will likely eventually happen. Maybe not with the release of Classic, but when they feel an appropriate opportunity comes along for the retail game (such as... November 2019).

I really hope so and I have most of CE pets already but would love to have them all. The two pets I missed due to my own fault were the bat from kara and the spirit of competition pet. Both I thought I could get later. Heck the spirit of competition literally says every 4 years on it. Some reason I just didn’t want to get those pets at that time and I regret that decision till this day. I also understand if they don’t rerelease them