Both Factions Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ephiastos
Pet Score:7516
Realm:Garrosh-eu
Both Factions Pets

Post by Ephiastos » October 2nd, 2018, 2:34 am

Hi folks,

Do I need to level an alliance and a horde toon in order to gather all the BFA Pets? Or am I able to get the "horde" pets by doing the Horde-region quests?

Appreciate the help. Have a nice day. Cheers :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Both Factions Pets

Post by Peanutty » October 2nd, 2018, 2:44 pm

If you're willing to buy/trade, most (I can't verify 100% atm) of the pets via vendor or quests from either faction can be caged and sold, so technically you only need to play one faction.

If you're intending to earn them yourself, you need to have both horde and alliance toons as most of the quests and reps are faction specific.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » October 2nd, 2018, 4:49 pm

Bumbles is an Alliance only BOP pet. So you will have to have an Alliance character although I think you can do the quest pretty early so just being in BfA content is enough which is pretty easy with DH as you start at level 98 even if you're Horde only.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 6th, 2018, 10:55 am

Hi,

I think almost all pets have a 2nd vendor relative to their faction. Some folks complaint about Shoak, but they never caught on to Blind Wunja, for example.

It's just about like that.

I did, however, level a Horde right after the first Alliance character, and my thought originally was to ensure I could get the pets regardless ... but it has not been an issue, although if you are Horde, for example, you have to be careful in that Pet Battle next to some bees ... there is an alliance guard that is bored and walking around.

All in all, it's almost all the same for me.