I love the start of an expansion because....

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lordy
Pet Score:10871
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
I love the start of an expansion because....

Post by Lordy » September 27th, 2018, 2:53 am

Hi Guys,

Who like me loves the start of each new expansion and why?

Me, I'm a bit of a manic collector when I get started so usually accumulate pets at a faster rate than average. I love seeing my collection in the top 500 list on the this site :) I expect once everyone catches up I will drop back down again to the 700's where I usually sit but for now happy days!

What do you guys like best about new xpacs?

Whoppadoo
Pet Score:12204
Realm:Maiev-us

Re: I love the start of an expansion because....

Post by Whoppadoo » September 27th, 2018, 3:35 am

Hello,

I like to run around and collect pets and toys as soon as a new xpac starts. I have just recently started collecting pets so I am more of a toy collector right now but trying to catch up. I have 459 toys but hopefully that collection and my pet collection will grow once I get a toon to level 120 :)

Have a great day!!

Lordy
Pet Score:10871
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Lordy » September 27th, 2018, 4:35 am

:D I tell you what Whoppadoo, 830 Unique pets is pretty damn good for someone who's "Just Started" collecting them. At that rate you should be all done by the end of the month!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 27th, 2018, 7:17 am

Exploring new zones is my favourite thing! :D I love seeing all the new areas, towns and cities. I'm totally in love with Boralus at the moment. It's like a huge version of Booty Bay (although Freehold could claim that too - wtb Freehold rep for my outlaw rogue!) and there are so many awesome bits to explore.

I do generally focus on pets a fair bit at the start of an expac but not to the extent that some collectors do. I'm usually fairly comfortably positioned 1st or 2nd on my cross-realm server but sometimes I do slip a bit at the start of an expac, simply because I'm doing other things as well. I always know I can catch up so it doesn't worry me too much. ;)

I'm one of those annoying people who love pretty much everything in the game. I spent years raiding seriously (although mostly retired from that now, sometimes join some of my guilds more casual runs), I enjoy PvP and sometimes even do some arena, I'm obsessed with collecting achievements and pets, to a lesser degree I also collect toys and mounts, I have an alt for each class that I enjoy leveling every expac (plus a few on the horde side), I'm also slightly obsessive with collecting transmog stuff and I also do a little RP (mostly in my own head though, as I'm on a PvE realm :cry: ).

I can honestly say that I've never run out of things to do! I have a couple of guildies who ONLY enjoy raiding and M+ and I think they were slightly confused when I was running around at the end of Legion saying that I needed the BfA release delayed because I hadn't done everything in Legion yet! :lol: