Theory: How drops in Island Expeditions works

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Re: Theory: How drops in Island Expeditions works

Post by Uduwudu » October 8th, 2018, 5:24 pm

Killerkarl wrote:I have been disillusioned for a while now and am done with running these things until there is more concrete info out there. Hate the thought of wasting time.
I, honestly, think that the most frustrating part of it is how so many of these expeditions are just another pvp battleground for some idiots ... one goes left, the other goes right, and you stand there like a traffic cop in the middle of the amazon!

That is the only part of the whole thing that I dislike. The only losses I have incurred, like 2 of them out of12 or something like it (6 heroic now), is when some idiot would not hold up for the rest of the group and off to New Zealand, he was! That made things difficult, since one time I was with a mage and the other a priest ... and I was playing as a druid in those 2.

Other than that, as soon as I get the pets, or purchase them, I'm done with Expeditions and never bother again ... the grind in there is ridiculous, and being forced to play with people that don't care about other players is something I do not enjoy in this game ...

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Necronx » October 8th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Here is the tip from warcraft secrets site thats similar all we are doing:

[url]https://warcraft-secrets.com/guides/island-expeditions-rewards/[/url]

.................................................................................

How to Farm Island Expeditions

TLDR: Kill rares and elite-rares with priority, avoid mining ores and looting normal chests, avoid the Azerite in Stage 2, and slay the invaders in Stage 3.

Stage 1
-Run the expeditions with a tank so that you can pull multiple groups of mobs and AoE them down fast.
-Slay rares and rare elites (named NPCs) with priority as this will help trigger Stage 2 and 3 faster.
-Avoid mining ores, looting normal chests and doing quests.
-Open all Soggy and Rotting Wooden Chests as they spawn rares and themed mobs. They are usually brighter and bigger than the usual chests.

Stage 2
-The Azerite Elemental spawns. Simply ignore it and continue slaying mobs.
-Do not confuse these with the normal trash packs of elementals (Air, Earth, Fire and Water Elementals) which you can safely slay for pets, quests and transmog rewards (see the table below).

Stage 3
-An invasion will occur with one boss and multiple packs of a themed race. Slay them and then loot the themed treasure chests nearby.
-If the invasion is marked by a portal on the map, then you will have to take that portal in order to reach the boss.

.................................................................................

Att.

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » October 22nd, 2018, 10:24 am

I always do that and I never see a single drop in weeks...

Sorry but to me is totally random.

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Necronx » October 22nd, 2018, 2:25 pm

Tarty wrote:I always do that and I never see a single drop in weeks...

Sorry but to me is totally random.
I've done this several times and I've gotten a lot of pets. now I have 25/28 pets and 1 mount, basically following everything described in these tests of the post :)

I believe I have made more than 700 expeditions