blizzcon 2018

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darkrose8519
Pet Score:5043
Realm:Area 52-us
blizzcon 2018

Post by Darkrose8519 » September 12th, 2018, 5:34 pm

Has there been any news on the blizzcon pet for this year? The virtual ticket just went on sale but I only get it for the pets so I don't know if I should get it or not

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Re: blizzcon 2018

Post by Necronx » September 12th, 2018, 5:42 pm

Main Blizzcon page:

"..including a World of Warcraft mount with variants for the Horde and Alliance.."

sad ...mount again and probably not pet this year again :|

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » September 12th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Darkrose8519 wrote:Has there been any news on the blizzcon pet for this year? The virtual ticket just went on sale but I only get it for the pets so I don't know if I should get it or not
You'll know the ig rewards before you can't buy them anymore. You should just wait to see what it is and act accordingly. Usually we know what we'll get in october (few weeks before blizzcon)
Necronx wrote:Main Blizzcon page:

"..including a World of Warcraft mount with variants for the Horde and Alliance.."

sad ...mount again and probably not pet this year again :|
Not sure they really updated the page since last year, but we'll see

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 12th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Darkrose8519 wrote:Has there been any news on the blizzcon pet for this year? The virtual ticket just went on sale but I only get it for the pets so I don't know if I should get it or not
They're slow revealing the in-game rewards this year. Today they revealed the Overwatch reward. I'm not sure when the WoW reward will be announced.

https://blizzcon.com/en-us/event-info/tickets/virtual
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mastr
MVP
Pet Score:14000
Realm:Burning Blade-us

Post by Mastr » September 12th, 2018, 9:37 pm

People notice mounts more than pets. Better advertisement in game as people ride them around so they can sell more virtual tickets.
I wonder if there are more mount collectors or pet collectors. That might have something to do with them rewarding mounts vs. pets.
Seems like pets would be easier to implement, fewer animations to render.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » September 13th, 2018, 10:12 am

HA! I came here just for this answer.
I wasnt able to see the reveal yesterday and figured I would ramble over here and see.

Well, I will still probably get the ticket but I might wait to see what the goodies are as well.

Ken68m
Pet Score:9492
Realm:Stonemaul-us

Post by Ken68m » September 26th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Virtual items just listed are cloaks and banners. Not what I wanted, even a mount would have been ok but this is bad. Guess I won't be buying tickets this year.

Lornaa
Top Rater
Pet Score:13848
BattleTag®:Rhadeyaz#2207
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Lornaa » September 26th, 2018, 3:10 pm

I think we have a pet reward for the anniversary this year :)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » September 26th, 2018, 3:31 pm

There will not be a WoW-themed battle pet for BlizzCon this year.

https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/1045008715236007936

WoW will instead get factions cloaks and banners as the in-game reward.

It's unknown if there will be any other pet-related reward, but it's looking unlikely.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13668
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 26th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Lornaa wrote:I think we have a pet reward for the anniversary this year :)
Anniversary reward is already in game. Unfortunately for pet collectors, it is a toy called "Overtuned Corgi Goggles"

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » September 28th, 2018, 12:52 am

I'm pretty disappointed, the sole reason I buy the blizzcon tickets is for the mounts/pets. I turn off cloaks and rarely use toys in game unless I'm sitting in a group waiting for something and get bored. Not planning to buy it if they don't end up adding something else I'll actually use. :(

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 28th, 2018, 4:16 am

I'll still get a virtual ticket as I really enjoy watching all the WoW related panels but I'm definitely disappointed in the rewards. :cry: Whilst I do collect toys, I rarely use them (plus banners are boring) and I've NEVER shown cloaks on any of my chars, ever. Sad bunny.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » September 29th, 2018, 10:57 pm

Hi,

I have to listen to Alex and other goons out there, again? ;) :P

Alex was more fun to play with way back when in EQ! (Furor in Fires of Heaven, if I am not mistaken!)

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » November 3rd, 2018, 11:21 am

This thread disappoints me... I bought the virtual ticket like I have every other year, just assuming it would have a pet again. I regret not searching for the info to see what pet I would get until now. I would not have bought the ticket for a banner and cloak... not sure I've even received those yet.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » November 5th, 2018, 7:35 am

For the first time in years, I let my BF buy the virtual ticket as he would be more likely to use the in-game rewards across all the games as he plays Hearthstone and Starcraft as well as WoW. On pet reward years, he's got no chance! :lol:
Hawg wrote:This thread disappoints me... I bought the virtual ticket like I have every other year, just assuming it would have a pet again. I regret not searching for the info to see what pet I would get until now. I would not have bought the ticket for a banner and cloak... not sure I've even received those yet.
The Blizzcon panels are really REALLY good and totally worth watching. We get the virtual ticket in our house regardless of rewards (although, I do love getting a pet for it). The panels on art and voice acting have been particularly good this year. :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 5th, 2018, 9:50 am

I would never suggest anyone get the VT just for the rewards in game. Especially if one only wants a specific type of reward, as they have been trying to change it up the last couple years (last year, WoW was mounts). It’s totally worth it if you intend to fully utilize the ticket though, and the rewards are just a bonus.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » November 5th, 2018, 10:51 am

Hi,

Only watched it Friday ... it was fine, and I'm glad that the two nerds that started the thing were not there the rest of the way, because they were annoying for my tastes.

The best two pieces were the one about the actors ... absolutely far out and a wonderful trip, and you probably had a tear when the older lady said her line, that everyone gushed over ... "a turtle made it to the water" ... absolutely great.

Even better, though, was the really far out musical piece right after it, by The Warbringers? (not sure of the band name if there is such a band), but the whole thing was fantastic, and absolutely stunning stage coloring and design, mixed with the visuals that helped make it really neat and very well done. This is what a band can do on a stage these days, if they had a small budget for it, and really pull of a magical show that would rival the old days of ANGE, GENESIS, OSANNA and many other bands that incorporated heavy duty theater to their work.

One other panel, and I totally forgot which one it was, was not that interesting, and I wish they were not afraid to discuss graphics and its integration into the game, as a part of the story ... there would be many times when someone created a graphical idea that helps a writer fly to it really fast, and vice versa, since there are many people that have synesthasia, and can visualize any sound in their heads which really helps create music, or write.

THEY GOTTA RELEASE THAT VIDEO OF THAT SONG ... IT'S FANTASTIC!

In general, most of these panels seem to have avoided anything technical ... and instead concentrated the audience on staying drunk with the next versions of some games ... something that is neat in its own way ... but come on ... is there nothing else but an euphoric moment for a youngster? There are some older folks in this game, you know, and some still use it for making sure their hand/eye/mind coordination stays ALIVE as you get older and you begin to lose some of those abilities.

All in all quite OK ... though I can not help telling you that what I saw except for 2 things, were extremely bland and overall, quite boring.

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » November 6th, 2018, 4:11 am

Uduwudu wrote:The best two pieces were the one about the actors ... absolutely far out and a wonderful trip, and you probably had a tear when the older lady said her line, that everyone gushed over ... "a turtle made it to the water" ... absolutely great.

Even better, though, was the really far out musical piece right after it, by The Warbringers? (not sure of the band name if there is such a band), but the whole thing was fantastic, and absolutely stunning stage coloring and design, mixed with the visuals that helped make it really neat and very well done.
That song really was breathtaking. I had goosebumps all the way through. It was especially sweet as the actor had said that she gets really nervous singing in front of people but she still did it.

The voice panel was my highlight so far (still have a couple of panels to watch). I met the actor who voices Khadgar last year, which was amazing, and I'm hoping to meet the actor who voices Rokhan (who was on that panel) at a comic con next month. :D