Pet name search option

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Wavsite
MVP
Pet Score:8734
Realm:Dalaran-us
Pet name search option

Post by Wavsite » September 3rd, 2018, 8:35 am

I name all of my pets, and try to keep the names unique, although I sometimes accidentally double-up. But after so many years, getting a new pet sometimes leaves me stumped.

Right now I'm doing Pandaren pet trainer runs daily, for the battle stones, and leveling up the various pandas / spirits I get while I am at it, for resale. I decided a 2nd Yellow Moth P/P would be very useful, but I don't know what to name it. And there's nowhere on this site to get inspiration, either!

Is there a way to show what folks have named their pets, BY pet, on this site? The only way I've found is to go to an individual user's collection and hover over each pet, but that's slow and a lot of folks don't re-name their pets.

I'd like to see an option to list all of the unique names somewhere on the pet page, if possible. I know the data is there, I just want to SEE it!

Any suggestions? Is there a mod in-game that might have access to armory data or something?

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Pet name search option

Post by Uduwudu » September 3rd, 2018, 2:45 pm

Hi,

Had a friend that used to name his cats all after artists and painters.

So, Toulouse had a litter and they kept 2 of them ... Tootoo and Louse!

:geek:

Re: Pet name search option

Post by Guest » October 2nd, 2018, 8:24 pm

I'd say flip through a dictionary and stop on a random page. Its like scrying, and see if you like the definitions of any words, to name a pet. Also then teaches you new cool words possibly :P.