Your First Pet Charm purchase

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:12996
Realm:Aggramar-us
Your First Pet Charm purchase

Post by Harpooha » August 29th, 2018, 4:00 pm

So now that we've had some time to collect them, what did you spend your charms on first?

I had to go with [pet]Lil' Ben'fon[/pet] first just because it's unique. Hoping it would be a tanky pet, but I'm kind of skeptical on that. Wish I hadn't vendored all my magical pet biscuits now.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Re: Your First Pet Charm purchase

Post by Uduwudu » August 31st, 2018, 12:38 pm

Harpooha wrote:So now that we've had some time to collect them, what did you spend your charms on first?

I had to go with [pet]Lil' Ben'fon[/pet] first just because it's unique. Hoping it would be a tanky pet, but I'm kind of skeptical on that. Wish I hadn't vendored all my magical pet biscuits now.
Not yet for me ... I am getting all my pets up (all 25 now but 5 need stoned to Rare), and when done I will start getting those. I'll probably start at Shoak, or something like it, to purchase them one vendor at a time, or something like it. It's a hassle having to go all over the place for one thing or another ... and then the pet does not even perform at the top 20 level in the Shangri-La of Warcraft pets!

Still need to get the GOLDEN BEETLE, to finish getting all pets via battles in those areas, but am having issues getting there right now.
Last edited by Uduwudu on September 1st, 2018, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » August 31st, 2018, 1:23 pm

Notice how Lil' Benfon is green of color from both parents being close-to-extinct white colored Brutosaurs, one would have thought they made the offspring white of color as well. Or Maka'fon is simply a slutty Brutosaur, going out at night behind Ben'jins back, who knows :evil:

I've decided not to buy any pets till I have enough charms for all of them, just easier way to keep track of % progress as you utterly slowly accumulate them.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » August 31st, 2018, 1:50 pm

My charms went to the cheapest pets first since I'm going for the 1k pets achievement. Started buying pets that cost 50 charms, and my next goal are pets that cost 75 charms. Anything more than that will have to wait a while... :oops:
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 31st, 2018, 1:53 pm

Quintessence wrote:My charms went to the cheapest pets first since I'm going for the 1k pets achievement. Started buying pets that cost 50 charms, and my next goal are pets that cost 75 charms. Anything more than that will have to wait a while... :oops:
I'm doing the same actually, with the 1000 goal line around the corner, I'm focusing on quantity over everything else.

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » August 31st, 2018, 4:01 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:Notice how Lil' Benfon is green of color from both parents being close-to-extinct white colored Brutosaurs, one would have thought they made the offspring white of color as well. Or Maka'fon is simply a slutty Brutosaur, going out at night behind Ben'jins back, who knows :evil:

I've decided not to buy any pets till I have enough charms for all of them, just easier way to keep track of % progress as you utterly slowly accumulate them.
I'm going same route as others and starting cheap. Other advantage is not having a glut of pets to level and can level them a few at a time this way.

Fynzou
Top Rater
Pet Score:13722

Post by Fynzou » September 1st, 2018, 2:37 am

I'm weird and won't buy any pets until I have 5,800 charms to buy everything at once.

Though I will admit I'm very tempted to buy Smoochums.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 1st, 2018, 3:53 am

Quintessence wrote:My charms went to the cheapest pets first since I'm going for the 1k pets achievement. Started buying pets that cost 50 charms, and my next goal are pets that cost 75 charms. Anything more than that will have to wait a while... :oops:
I did the exact same thing! :D I think it was a wasp pet from the vendor in Stormsong. I hit 1000 pets yesterday though, so yay! :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Auschameleon
MVP
Pet Score:10965
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Auschameleon » September 1st, 2018, 5:47 am

That is what I'll do, for the same reason.

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » September 1st, 2018, 8:08 am

As there is many to buy, and several vendors to deal with my approach is different to quints. I bought a pet from a rep vendor who only sells one, then thought meh save up, get enough to get all from one vendor in 1 go, so saving atm to get all pets from vol'dun then nazmir etc.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » September 1st, 2018, 12:25 pm

Jodmos wrote:
Lolfixheal wrote:Notice how Lil' Benfon is green of color from both parents being close-to-extinct white colored Brutosaurs, one would have thought they made the offspring white of color as well. Or Maka'fon is simply a slutty Brutosaur, going out at night behind Ben'jins back, who knows :evil:

I'm going same route as others and starting cheap. Other advantage is not having a glut of pets to level and can level them a few at a time this way.
That is actually a fair point regarding the leveling, if one doesn't want to waste those Pet bonus XP events. Not exactly much volume in 27x lvl 23s, thats done in two days :roll:

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » September 1st, 2018, 2:35 pm

Fynzou wrote:Though I will admit I'm very tempted to buy Smoochums.
Smoochums is darn cute. I seriously considered picking that up in advance of the others. :)

Post by Guest » October 2nd, 2018, 8:32 pm

I was happy as soon as I got the [url=https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/beast/direhorns/tiny-direhorn/]Tiny Direhorn[/url] :3, its my favourite colour! A nice orangey-yellow :).

A weird point that as I'm leveling more toons, and therefore able to do more pet dailies, a part of me isn't sure whether it's worth selling the pets now (whilst they are like 100k for some of them) and then recollecting them later on? Or just keeping them because I like to collect FeelsBadMan.

Fenril
MVP
Pet Score:6549
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Fenril » October 3rd, 2018, 4:40 pm

I'm still collecting charms, something around 1,400 now. I wanted to get all my reputations to exalted first which I have two more to go with less than 2k-2.5k to exalted before I make my decision.

I was thinking of kind of buying the most expensive ones first to get them out of the way....but once I decide I will post.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » October 3rd, 2018, 6:27 pm

I got the lil war machine as my first purchase :D

Fynzou
Top Rater
Pet Score:13722

Post by Fynzou » October 9th, 2018, 1:28 am

So I caved and bought all of the pets that sell for 250+ charms today, as well as Smoochums.

It put me above 1,000 pets, so I also have Hearthy now. xD

I figured I'm not likely to snipe one of those pets for cheap on the AH, so buying them now with pet charms won't hurt.

WHich means I need 2875 more pet charms for the pets (and another 750 for the toys, then 1000 for the new pet limit item in 8.1). (discounting the Tragg and Azeriti I bought on the AH for 10k each as well)

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » October 24th, 2018, 8:44 am

Decided to go “top down” so to speak. First two were the Accursed Hexxer and Lik’ Ben’fon. Takes a little restraint to save instead of buying cheap ones first, especially since they would really help get Hearthy sooner. But it’s a nice feeling that it’ll be downhill all the way.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » October 27th, 2018, 6:05 pm

Gilneas wrote:Decided to go “top down” so to speak. First two were the Accursed Hexxer and Lik’ Ben’fon. Takes a little restraint to save instead of buying cheap ones first, especially since they would really help get Hearthy sooner. But it’s a nice feeling that it’ll be downhill all the way.
I did the same thing! Since I've still only got one toon that can do WQs right now it's definitely slow goings. But, I picked up the Ranishu Runt out of order because I want it for a particular strategy. I really enjoy the feel of the downhill slope.

Escalus
Top Rater
Pet Score:13392
BattleTag®:ArcZothael#1570
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Escalus » October 28th, 2018, 10:54 am

I've started with the more expensive ones, haven't got the Hexxer yet, but Lil'Ben'fon was the first, my latest was the Lil' Siege Engine. Though I have pretty much just got the pets I like vs. just sticking to a cheapest - expensive or vice versa. :lol:

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » October 28th, 2018, 11:18 am

I went for the Cursed Hexxer and then Lil' Ben'fon. Get the two unique expensive ones out of the way first.