Need help with Baa'l

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lazuliann
Top Rater
Pet Score:9556
Realm:Feathermoon-us
Need help with Baa'l

Post by Lazuliann » August 27th, 2018, 1:41 am

I've collected all the pebbles and I can see him in Frostfire Ridge, I also have a fully upgraded Uuna, including the word tour portion at the end.
However, she does not debuff him at all.
She just stands there and does and says nothing, while Baa'l retains all his health.
I've left the zone and come back, I've tried resummoning her several times, but nothing works.
What else can I do? I worked hard for this pet, and I want it.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Re: Need help with Baa'l

Post by FuxieDK » August 27th, 2018, 3:17 am

I read somewhere, you need to "kill" him with Snail-toy (https://www.wowhead.com/item=98136/gastropod-shell) from ToT to reset him..
When Baa'l respawn Uuna should debuff him as intended.

I haven't begun the hunt yet myself, so no idea, if it works or not.

Lazuliann
Top Rater

Post by Lazuliann » August 27th, 2018, 3:57 am

FuxieDK wrote:I read somewhere, you need to "kill" him with Snail-toy (https://www.wowhead.com/item=98136/gastropod-shell) from ToT to reset him..

Unfortunately, I do not have that toy, despite weekly farming, nor do I know anyone with the toy.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » August 27th, 2018, 4:51 am

Lazuliann wrote:
FuxieDK wrote:I read somewhere, you need to "kill" him with Snail-toy (https://www.wowhead.com/item=98136/gastropod-shell) from ToT to reset him..

Unfortunately, I do not have that toy, despite weekly farming, nor do I know anyone with the toy.
You can farm it, if you don't kill the bird boss. Just kill the 5 snails, go out, reset, go back in: 5 more snails to kill. Repeat.

I have the toy, but sadly you play on the "wrong" side of the Atlantic, so I cannot help you, beyond hints..

Ravyn
Top Rater
Pet Score:6211
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Ravyn » August 27th, 2018, 7:35 am

Maybe it's worth waiting for someone else with Uuna to come by, or asking on one of the public chats (General/Trade)? I'd try to help you, but I also play in the wrong region.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » August 27th, 2018, 8:50 am

I can try help, while i am not sure (can remember at my age) if my uuna is full upgarde , i di d help a friend with Baa'l and he was able to get it so i presuming my uuna is strong lol :)

BTW: how can we tell if uuna is fully upgraded ? i try the emote /hug with no avaible....

Ymsar

Post by Ymsar » August 27th, 2018, 9:17 am

I had this glitch as well. I tried leaving the area, removing Uuna and bringing her back, etc. However, the snail toy DID work. It killed him and once he spawned again (almost immediately), Uuna was able to do her magic.

Lazuliann
Top Rater

Post by Lazuliann » August 27th, 2018, 3:22 pm

Thank you all for the replies.
I'll keep trying, I made a ticket, because this event is clearly not working as intended.
Hopefully if I wait long enough maybe Baa'l will be reset.

Lazuliann
Top Rater

Post by Lazuliann » August 27th, 2018, 5:12 pm

I finally received a reply to my ticket.
The GM said it's a known issue that the Devs are aware of, but there is no solution on the horizon as yet, and to keep watching the hotfix notes.
I was told, "It may take a while for things to get fixed".

IN the meantime Baa'l appears to be unobtainabaa'l on Feathermoon.
There was another horde out there today with his upgraded Uuna and it wasn't working for him either, just like the two alliance nelves that were there last night watching their Uunas not working.
No one I know has the Gastropod toy, and no one has responded to my requests for anyone with the toy that can use it on Baa'l.

Waterlilly
Pet Score:10636
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Waterlilly » August 27th, 2018, 9:14 pm

We did it about an hour ago. We waited until we found someone who had the Gastropod toy. Everyone there, we were not grouped up, we had everyone dismiss their Uuna. The person summoned the Gastropod, it killed Baa'l. He reset then we had 1 person, and only 1 summon their fully geared Uuna 10 sec after he respawned, and he shrunk to the small size and we were able to battle him.

NOTE: that if you bring someone in with the toy they HAVE to have completed all the pebbles or not have already tamed him, or they will NOT be able to see him. We had that problem with someone who was nice enough to come into the group but he had already collected Baa'l so he could not see him. Same with another person who didn't start the quest line yet, they couldn't see him either.

Lazuliann
Top Rater

Post by Lazuliann » August 29th, 2018, 5:22 pm

I finally managed to get him.
I was camped out there for the day, and another person who was trying to get Baa'l as well, remembered me from the conversation we had at the time.
He came back in the evening with a friend who had the toy to reset Baa'l.
We were phased from each other so he didn't see me there, but I had told him I would be there all day, hoping for a way to get the pet.
He remembered and invited me to a group with him and his friend, so I was finally able to get Baa'l.
I love the battle pet community!

Marianne
Pet Score:12550
Realm:Arathor-eu

Post by Marianne » October 10th, 2020, 4:54 am

Uuna wouldn't do anything at Baa´l, so i went with all my alts to Throne of Thunder to get Gastropod. Didn't get it :|
Next day I logged on to see if Uuna had a change of heart. And she had :mrgreen: She shrunk Baa´l and I got my pet.
This clearly is a Blizzard thing :roll:

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » November 5th, 2020, 9:22 am

Stuck at this bit now.

Have flicked WM on/off, left, come back, logged in/out, addons on/off, summon/resummon. Nothing.

Definitely have completed Uuna's world tour (admittedly a long time ago) as she has her doll, wand and crown.

Haven't got the Gastropod Shell, and I've been farming that place every week for the Jikun mount, so no joy there. The Tortollan critter scroll doesn't work on Baa'l. Hoping I can find a friend on a different realm that I can somehow hop to.

Either that, or I'll just drop by every so often and try.

Great job, Blizz. :lol: