Polished Pet Charms

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Polished Pet Charms

Post by Quintessence » September 8th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Waveryn wrote:I hope your correct but when I printed the list on here and used calculator It came to 6800 :(
Keep in mind that the printed checklist includes multiple vendor sources for some of the pets. [pet]Bloodfeaster Larva[/pet], for example, could be mistaken as costing 400 charms, when it's actually sold by 2 different vendors for 200 charms each. If you use our Pet Filter and search using the filters Battle for Azeroth (Include) and Vendor (Include), pull up the results, go through the list and add up the Polished Pet Charms, it should come out to be 5100 for just the pets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Saite
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Bladefist-eu

Post by Saite » September 8th, 2018, 8:42 pm

What I object to is the lack of opportunity to earn these. I know they probably want these to be slower to achieve than in past expansions, however, today (in EU) there were 4 Pet WQs up and NONE gave pet charms as a reward. So, today there was zero chance to get a single pet charm. That can't be right can it?

Imagine the PVPers having a day where they could not earn a single honor point and so on. Something seems off...

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 9th, 2018, 9:50 am

But there are days when 3 of the rewards are pet charms (rare, but it happens). Honestly, the best solution is just go level and alt or two. It was explicitly done with class specific pets in Legion, but now you actually have more options in BfA as you aren't forced to level an alt at all, just you have to wait a bit longer or you can buy them.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 9th, 2018, 10:05 am

Saite wrote:What I object to is the lack of opportunity to earn these. I know they probably want these to be slower to achieve than in past expansions, however, today (in EU) there were 4 Pet WQs up and NONE gave pet charms as a reward. So, today there was zero chance to get a single pet charm. That can't be right can it?
But then, today we had 3 pet charm WQ's again. It balances out, imo.

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 13th, 2018, 10:48 am

Quintessence wrote:
Emarka wrote:Does anyone have a definitive number for the amount of Polished charms we'll need to collect at least one of all charm pets across both factions?
I have 5100 charms for just the pets. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Is it me or one of the sold pet can also drop from the Alchemy Bag ?
[pet]Bloodfeaster Larva[/pet]

so if you are lucky you need : 4900 Polished Pet Charms

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » September 13th, 2018, 12:18 pm

GrosBonda wrote:Is it me or one of the sold pet can also drop from the Alchemy Bag ?

There are two completely different versions of the pet, not sure if it's intentional for them to have the same name, though! Unfortunately, this means there will be no discounts.

Vendor: [url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/insects/bloodfeaster-larva-vendor/[/url]
This one is brown, with extremely low HP (~1100, devaluating Burst a lot!) and has the abilities:
[1] [ability]Stench[/ability]/[ability]Ooze Touch[/ability]
[2] [ability]Skitter[/ability]/[ability]Creeping Ooze[/ability]
[3] [ability]Burst[/ability]/[ability]Acidic Goo[/ability]

Alchemy:[url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/insects/bloodfeaster-larva-alchemy/[/url]
This one is blue, and has:
[1] [ability]Skitter[/ability]/[ability]Powerball[/ability]
[2] [ability]Acidic Goo[/ability]/[ability]Stench[/ability]
[3] [ability]Burst[/ability]/[ability]Survival[/ability]
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » September 13th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Saite wrote:What I object to is the lack of opportunity to earn these. I know they probably want these to be slower to achieve than in past expansions, however, today (in EU) there were 4 Pet WQs up and NONE gave pet charms as a reward. So, today there was zero chance to get a single pet charm. That can't be right can it?

Imagine the PVPers having a day where they could not earn a single honor point and so on. Something seems off...

You do know there are other days when 3 or more give charms right ? Also I have had multiple days when I had multiple missions at my mission table rewarding charms and you can double the reward up if you can get it to a high enough percentage which I have done too. Once we get a few alts up we will be swimming in charms

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » September 13th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Vakeetah wrote:
GrosBonda wrote:Is it me or one of the sold pet can also drop from the Alchemy Bag ?

There are two completely different versions of the pet, not sure if it's intentional for them to have the same name, though! Unfortunately, this means there will be no discounts.

Vendor: [url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/insects/bloodfeaster-larva-vendor/[/url]
This one is brown, with extremely low HP (~1100, devaluating Burst a lot!) and has the abilities:
[1] [ability]Stench[/ability]/[ability]Ooze Touch[/ability]
[2] [ability]Skitter[/ability]/[ability]Creeping Ooze[/ability]
[3] [ability]Burst[/ability]/[ability]Acidic Goo[/ability]

Alchemy:[url]https://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/insects/bloodfeaster-larva-alchemy/[/url]
This one is blue, and has:
[1] [ability]Skitter[/ability]/[ability]Powerball[/ability]
[2] [ability]Acidic Goo[/ability]/[ability]Stench[/ability]
[3] [ability]Burst[/ability]/[ability]Survival[/ability]
Good to Know.
Really confusing , have two different pets with same bloody name ...
thanks

Wikdsweet
Pet Score:4754
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Wikdsweet » September 17th, 2018, 1:32 am

The Cottontail Matron (you have to beat in order for the Frenzied Cottontail pet) gives 10 charms. Poacher Zane (Stormsong Valley) also dropped dropped 10 charms. Anyone know of any others? I have also found a few chests with charms in them, but being the goofy person I am, I didn't write down the cords. It would be nice to have a list tho.

Harpooha
MVP
Pet Score:13143
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Harpooha » September 17th, 2018, 1:44 am

There is a comment in here by littletiny that lists most of them:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=163036/pol ... m#comments

There is also one chest in Zuldazar right about where the"K" in Trek is on the map

One of the chests that Jani gives you drops 8:

https://www.wowhead.com/item=156963/gol ... g#comments

Wikdsweet
Pet Score:4754
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Wikdsweet » September 17th, 2018, 1:52 am

Oh wow thanks so much! :mrgreen: