Island Expedition Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu
Re: Island Expedition Pets

Post by FuxieDK » September 16th, 2018, 12:43 pm

On my 3rd HC today, I got [pet]Poro[/pet] and [pet]Juvenile Brineshell[/pet] from the same Island..

On my previous 10, I had only gotten the pirate crab..

Lornaa
Top Rater
Pet Score:13824
BattleTag®:Rhadeyaz#2207
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Lornaa » September 16th, 2018, 1:45 pm

Doing Normal ONLY, I have finally managed to get my first pet!! Only took over 100 to get it :lol: However, I agree the drop rate has increased as I've done about 30 in the last 24 hours and got 3 toys (2 of the same one but nvm), 1 pet, 1 Jani item, 3 quest starter items and a whole heap more coins.

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » September 16th, 2018, 5:29 pm

After getting very little at the start of the expansion I went back today and did 15 on Heroic mode. Got 1 Rep item and 2 quest items for Azerite. Same amount of dubloons dropping, still pets and mounts seem very rare.

Sparkwul
MVP
Pet Score:13842
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Sparkwul » September 16th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Over 200 so far. At least 75 Heroic, 5 Mythic. Not sure of the exact count since I didn't track close in the beginning. 23 yesterday, half heroic, half normal. So far on drops. 3 rep tokens and a green plate helm. I am becoming very upset with this. I am sure others are feeling the same way. Two of my guildies only do the 6 needed each week for the quest. Between them.. 5 pets, 4 toys, 6 rep tokens and 4 armor pieces. Is the old bug from back in vanilla where some toons just do not get the right random roll ever? Comments would be appreciated.

Forgot this. The plate helm dropped when one of the guildies that is getting everything grouped with me for a heroic. He is a warrior class. Strange coincidence or something more.

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13586
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 16th, 2018, 7:07 pm

Over 200 since they announced the buff?

Sparkwul
MVP

Post by Sparkwul » September 16th, 2018, 7:10 pm

I do minimum of 10 per day. Usually split them half heroic, half normal.

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » September 16th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Sparkwul wrote:I do minimum of 10 per day. Usually split them half heroic, half normal.
How can you stomach it?

I struggle to do the mandatory 5 per week..

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 17th, 2018, 2:01 pm

I think I've had it with IEs unless they increase the droprates or explain if there are other factors affecting drops (such as killing speciifc mobs). 40 normal and 10 heroic since 'increase' and not a single pet. I got more pets before that (albeit the same pet 3 time). I go out of my way to avoid mining and killing rares for azerite but nothing seems to help.

I've opened over a thousand blingtron boxes with no Knockoff so I guess RNG just doesn't work for me.

Sparkwul
MVP

Post by Sparkwul » September 17th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Update since my last posting. I have since completed 35 Expeditions. 10 Heroic, 25 Normal. Nothing dropped in the heroics but.. the normal are putting out. On the 9th normal I got 6 Items. 2 pets, two gear both mail, 1 of the quest starters and a rep token. # 10 got me a duplicate pet. Today I have received two more pets, 6 gear pieces, 2 more quest starters and a rep token. So they have upped the drop rate. Thank you Blizzard.

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 18th, 2018, 12:01 am

So there was a couple threads on Reddit stating they had noticed some similarities between some of the rare mobs/groups and their rare rewards. Example the vykrul ship rares and them getting the AP item vyrkul horn turned in at Stormheim. Although I didn't pay attention to what rares I was killing, one of my pets that I received was the Kunchong Hatchling and the same run my friend received the same pet. Could be coincidence, but could be we killed the same mobs so the drop was from a rare we both killed. Necronx also getting 2x of the same pet could also be attributed to this.

Also the achievement would be kind of asinine if it were totally RNG based. Lastly, one of the comments on wowhead's "I'm here for the pets" also supports this idea.

Edit: Could also just be tied to a certain island.

Tekulve2018
Pet Score:12103
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Tekulve2018 » September 18th, 2018, 3:17 am

Hiya
I just have 2 level 120s atm.
My 1st 120 did runs since week 1 of the expac..all tolled: 1 extra reward-it was a toy of some sort- candle on the toon's head..

For 2 weeks now my 2nd 120 also did the I.E. required 5 or 6 runs for the Azerite reward.
No extra rewards week 1 running 2 toons (before the reported boost in drop chance)

Week 2 - doing 10 to 12 runs total- a variety of rewards
3 x transmog
2x rep and azerite rewards
1x kindleweb hatchling

The undermine journal shows a marked increase in some pet drops on high pop realms so keep at it folks.
--------------
Edit: I decided to level an alt through I.E. ..you have to do all normal runs from 111 to lvl 115 or 116. So far a surf jelly mount and a piece of xmog in the 20 or so normal runs, I.got 2 toon levels as well...no pets.
Tekulve
8-)
Last edited by Tekulve2018 on September 24th, 2018, 3:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13702
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » September 18th, 2018, 10:02 am

Sparkwul wrote:I do minimum of 10 per day. Usually split them half heroic, half normal.
Same for me, but I still at ZERO pets.. and some Mythic too (but was before the hotfix).

After the hotfix I was able to get every single run a sack of Dobloons, I collect 2 green piece of equips, 3 quest items and a toy (twice the same). Never see a single drops before the hotfix (except dobloons).

So, it is true that the drop rate was increased, but not for the pets, that are extremaly rare to me.

I started count my island runs since 8th september, are more than 100+, till now my situation in this:
TOY = 1
PET = 0
MOUNT = 0

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » September 18th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Ganksinatra wrote:After getting very little at the start of the expansion I went back today and did 15 on Heroic mode. Got 1 Rep item and 2 quest items for Azerite. Same amount of dubloons dropping, still pets and mounts seem very rare.
Tarty wrote:
Same for me, but I still at ZERO pets.. and some Mythic too (but was before the hotfix).

After the hotfix I was able to get every single run a sack of Dobloons, I collect 2 green piece of equips, 3 quest items and a toy (twice the same). Never see a single drops before the hotfix (except dobloons).

So, it is true that the drop rate was increased, but not for the pets, that are extremaly rare to me.

I started count my island runs since 8th september, are more than 100+, till now my situation in this:
TOY = 1
PET = 0
MOUNT = 0
I was starting to think that the pets weren't dropping and only I was seeing it. Good to know that I'm not the only one seeing this still.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Jodmos

Post by Jodmos » September 18th, 2018, 1:27 pm

Adumbledore wrote:
I was starting to think that the pets weren't dropping and only I was seeing it. Good to know that I'm not the only one seeing this still.
Not just you. I've done about 75 since the change and haven't seen a single pet. I've seen more quest items and transmog but everything else seems worse than I was getting before the increase. £I;m going out of my way to kill mobs/rares that look connected to the pets but to no avail.

Not looking forward to the next update as they're adding more islands and enemies making RNG for pets/mounts even worse than it is.

On a semi-related note. Don't be fighting one of the worms that pops up when the game ends as you'll get stuck in the instance. I've done this several times and tested it a few after figuring that out and it happens every time.

Taitta
Pet Score:11046
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Taitta » September 18th, 2018, 1:56 pm

I stopped doing IE like a week ago, when I noticed that the drop rate was so low, thought I could do them maybe when Blizzard will rise the drop rate.
Today I decided to finish at least the ones for my weekly quest and guess something? Got a pet, a quest item and a reputation item from the same heroic run. When I said it to my guildies someone told me that the drop rate was increased so I thought of doing to finish the quest and see if I could get more shinnies but nop, got nothing after that. Anyway, at the end did only like 3 normals and 3 heroics and I am happy that I got the pet :)

Taitta
Pet Score:11046
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Post by Taitta » September 18th, 2018, 1:59 pm

Jodmos wrote:
On a semi-related note. Don't be fighting one of the worms that pops up when the game ends as you'll get stuck in the instance. I've done this several times and tested it a few after figuring that out and it happens every time.
OMG! I got stucked there a week ago! didn't know what triggered that but had to relog since nothing worked, no HS, no reloading ui. So annoying!

Jodmos

Post by Jodmos » September 18th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Taitta wrote:
Jodmos wrote:
OMG! I got stucked there a week ago! didn't know what triggered that but had to relog since nothing worked, no HS, no reloading ui. So annoying!
If you open a ticket for character problems there is an option for Character can't move. Using that allows you to force a logout of the character and they get moved to westfall for alliance (not sure here for horde). Has a once a day cooldown.

Finally got a pet on my 62 normal after the 'increase' and what is funny is i don't think we saw or killed a single crab (sparkleshell sandcrawler was the one I got). Started levelling my warlock this way and get about 8% for a level per IE. Will stop at 115 though as gear will start being a problem.

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 18th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Tarty wrote:I started count my island runs since 8th september, are more than 100+, till now my situation in this:
TOY = 1
PET = 0
MOUNT = 0
The one that dramatically increased rewards was the 14 September patch.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 18th, 2018, 6:49 pm

I did 8 IE's on Sunday night (16th) with no pet drops. That brings me up to over 30 attempts (but only 8 since the last increase).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Necronx » September 23rd, 2018, 11:28 pm

Apparently, they reduced the drop again, or probably the high drop only remains until the cap :( (but cant confirm this last one)