Island Expedition Pets

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us
Re: Island Expedition Pets

Post by Digem » September 11th, 2018, 6:01 am

Lornaa wrote:Now at over 70 IEs and NOTHING, not even a darn rep token!! OMFG Blizz, you are totally ****ing joking!!!!

Yeah the drop rate is bad but you seem to be having horrific luck good old rng

Skooch
MVP
Pet Score:12634
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Skooch » September 11th, 2018, 7:24 am

Shaking my head ... Hours and hours of running Island Expeditions, and a mere one rep token to show for extra loot. I have even stopped to wonder if everyone is punking me on this one, but I suppose that's a little dramatic.

I have no doubt the AH prices for these will fall dramatically over time, (easier to grind gold atm than these things), but it sure would be fun to catch some myself ... not to mention the soulbound ones.

What was Blizz thinking? Punish the pet collectors?

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13783
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » September 11th, 2018, 10:34 am

Actually I'm doing about 5/10 run per day in Heroic and, till now, I was able to drop only a rep item!

I have also Dubloons as a drop, but they are totally useless in normal/heroic scenario's, so they dont look like rewarding...

I feel discouraged about this.

Ms_critney
Top Rater
Pet Score:10898
BattleTag®:Critneyfears#11106
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Ms_critney » September 12th, 2018, 8:14 am

This means it's a color-changer, or it can come in different colors.

If you cage it and then re-learn it, does the appearance change in the Pet Journal? When you summon it out, does it always have the same color as it appears in the journal?

Seems like pink is its default color, but it can also come in purple. If you notice any other colors, please let us know!
Comes in Pink Purple and Green so far lol I tried to put a pic in of all mine nut couldn't figure it out lol sry

Jodmos
Pet Score:6700
Realm:Bloodhoof-eu

Post by Jodmos » September 14th, 2018, 3:55 pm

New blue post says they are working on increasing droprates via hotfix. I'll wait and see if this is a good increase or like the one Muffinus said which in effect was nothing.

Blue Post -
Thank you all for your feedback on Island Expeditions. We’ve been monitoring the rate of rewards from Islands so far, and while we believe we hit the mark with the Azerite rewards, we’re not happy with the drop rates for the various bonus rewards (such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, etc.)

We’re currently working on a hotfix that will substantially increase the rate of these rewards. Once it’s live, you should start to see more of these items dropping for you (and your group members) on future Island Expeditions. While we don’t have a firm timeframe for this hotfix, we’re hoping to push it out later today.

Again, thank you for your constructive feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on more Island Expeditions!

Darkchyld
Pet Score:13808
BattleTag®:Darkchyld#1345
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Darkchyld » September 14th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Hopefully, it's a noticeable amount as opposed to last "buff".

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Necronx » September 15th, 2018, 5:06 am

Blue Post:
September 14, 2018
Island Expeditions
Substantially increased the drop rates for the various bonus rewards, such as transmog items, pets, quest starters, and mounts.

Finally!

Baldulf
MVP
Pet Score:6727
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Baldulf » September 15th, 2018, 10:37 am

I finally got my first non-dubloon [sic] reward last night, after 50+ expeditions overall. Unfortunately, it was a toy instead of a pet, but hopefully, it's a sign that they have indeed increased droprates meaningfully. Will be running another 7+ on my horde alt over the next 2-3 days and will report.

Jodmos

Post by Jodmos » September 15th, 2018, 11:19 am

#liarliarpantsonfire

I've done 20 normal since the 'increase' and I've actually had substantially worse drops than last week. Not a single item and less dubloons.

Went in finally thinking I'd get things and getting nothing is just depressing.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » September 15th, 2018, 5:01 pm

I had only one drop up until today. Ran 2 just now and got 3 pets from them, so maybe it has increased.

Norya
Pet Score:5508
Realm:Malygos-eu

Post by Norya » September 15th, 2018, 5:15 pm

Didn't get anything at all until today (always doing enough expeditions for the quest every week), today I did some on two chars and got 1 queststarter, 1 transmog, 1 toy and 3-4 pets - guess either I'm incredibly lucky today or it's really getting better :D

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 15th, 2018, 5:36 pm

So you can do 2 pets for one IE?

Norya
Pet Score:5508
Realm:Malygos-eu

Post by Norya » September 15th, 2018, 5:47 pm

yes, i got 2 pets out of one expedition

Jodmos

Post by Jodmos » September 15th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Norya wrote:yes, i got 2 pets out of one expedition
What difficulty?

I think people should note the difficulty as it may help identify difficulty specific drops (if there are any) but also if droprates are better in harder difficulties.

I had worse results running some normal difficulty IEs than last week, but heroic did seem to have better drops

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 15th, 2018, 6:25 pm

I capped 3 chars and got 2 pets, 3 transmog, 4 AP items, and 3 rep items. So the buff to expeditions is quite noticeable.
Last edited by Darkchyld on September 16th, 2018, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killerkarl
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Killerkarl » September 15th, 2018, 7:01 pm

When I got 2 pets in one run it was just normal difficulty.

Jodmos

Post by Jodmos » September 15th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Killerkarl wrote:When I got 2 pets in one run it was just normal difficulty.
I seriously think Blizzard is trolling me as they know I want the pets more than the other rewards. :?

I've read about all these people getting pets after the change and I ran 27 normal and 9 heroic and didn't get one. I wonder if character level is a factor. I ran the normal ones with lower level characters. I don't think it should because it scales but I wouldn't be surprised.

Necronx
Top Rater
Pet Score:6347
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Necronx » September 15th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Darkchyld wrote:I got one pet from heroic capping my weekly on a character. Has anybody gotten any of the BOP pets though?
Yes, today i got 2x Captain Nibs (BOP) pet that cant be tradable. Its really better rate than before. And yes, u can pick same pet multiple times ..even bop

Ligament
Pet Score:6013
BattleTag®:ligament#1221
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Ligament » September 16th, 2018, 3:33 am

Necronx wrote:
Darkchyld wrote:I got one pet from heroic capping my weekly on a character. Has anybody gotten any of the BOP pets though?
Yes, today i got 2x Captain Nibs (BOP) pet that cant be tradable. Its really better rate than before. And yes, u can pick same pet multiple times ..even bop

Anecdotal evidence. Just from your experience you can't unilaterally say that the entire game now has better drops.

Bliz has lied before. They have screwed up before. They may consider from 1% to 3% substantial. Until someone keeping track can look at the numbers en masse, consider everything pure speculation.

Darkchyld

Post by Darkchyld » September 16th, 2018, 10:44 am

Yeah, we haven't seen the results over an extended period of time, but from what I've seen personally it has been a significant increase. I'm always hopeful