Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Island Expedition Pets

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2018, 10:15 am

Update for Patch 8.1 - "ISLAND REWARDS UPDATE"

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/island-rewards-update/36759

TL;DR - It won't matter what you kill on the Island anymore, only what mobs were on the Island, difficulty level (Normal, Heroic, Mythic, PVP), and how quickly you've completed it (?? unsure of this very last part).
In Tides of Vengeance, all players on an Expedition will have a chance to receive cosmetic rewards based on the island’s inhabitants, rather than which enemies were specifically defeated. That chance will again be higher on higher difficulties, but there will be no need to strategize around invaders. The most efficient way to receive cosmetic rewards will be whatever tactics cause you to complete the Island quickly, on the highest difficulty that you’re comfortable.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » December 3rd, 2018, 12:20 pm

ok so no more rare hunting in 8.1 then, just kill everything as quick as you can, back to were we where in the start of the epax :?

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » December 3rd, 2018, 7:21 pm

Are pets considered cosmetic rewards, though?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2018, 7:29 pm

Cendir wrote:Are pets considered cosmetic rewards, though?
From what I understand, yes battle pets are considered 'cosmetic rewards' in the context of Island Expeditions. They're not items that grant Azerite or reputation quest rewards, so unless there's a third category, the pets would fall under 'cosmetic'.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 6th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Pets are always considered cosmetic rewards. Not just for island expeditions! :D

Welshcorgi
Pet Score:5555
Realm:Shattered Hand-us

Post by Welshcorgi » December 8th, 2018, 8:52 pm

ah, this seems like an okay change. i'll stop getting booted trying to farm mobs that drop rewards at least :roll:

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » December 9th, 2018, 10:55 am

Has anyone heard if they are indeed increasing the drop rates of dubloons in 8.1?

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » December 10th, 2018, 9:44 am

Ganksinatra wrote:Has anyone heard if they are indeed increasing the drop rates of dubloons in 8.1?
I sure hope so.. I have 270ish dubloons from 73 IEs.. That's ~3,5 per IE..

And there are two mounts comming with a price tag of 500+1000 in v8.1..

Lordy
Pet Score:10871
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Lordy » December 11th, 2018, 8:49 am

Anyone else notice in the Blizzard news it states that the non-cageable Island pets will all be cageable in the next update?

That means snagging those last few pets that just stubbornly refuse to drop will be possible with a trip to the Auction house or by trading with friends.

Great news. Less grinding is always a joyous thing! :D

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » December 12th, 2018, 6:04 pm

Lordy wrote:Anyone else notice in the Blizzard news it states that the non-cageable Island pets will all be cageable in the next update?
Yup! They announced that a while back. It's the thing I've been looking forward to the most with this patch!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 13th, 2018, 10:43 pm

I quit playing because I am a pet collector, and island expeditions pet were a JOKE to get them all! Without reading everything, is this still the case in the new patch?

Does anyone have ALL the island expedition pets?? Thanks!!

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » December 14th, 2018, 7:08 am

Misstic wrote:I quit playing because I am a pet collector, and island expeditions pet were a JOKE to get them all! Without reading everything, is this still the case in the new patch?
Since they are now ALL available on the AH, I'm sure there are people who will have them all by now.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ganksinatra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7785
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Ganksinatra » December 16th, 2018, 1:33 am

Mehetabel wrote:
Misstic wrote:I quit playing because I am a pet collector, and island expeditions pet were a JOKE to get them all! Without reading everything, is this still the case in the new patch?
Since they are now ALL available on the AH, I'm sure there are people who will have them all by now.

I grabbed the Kuchong off the AH today for only 5k on my low population server and it finished off my achieve, Glad to have it done.

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » December 17th, 2018, 4:25 am

Thank you both of you! Maybe Ill come back and see how the AH prices are on all the IE pets. I know some of them were NOT cageable when I quit and they never dropped for me or hubby in weeks of doing IE.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 17th, 2018, 6:04 am

From my own personal and observed experiences since the patch (which is admittedly limited) it feels like they may have been made more common as well. Or perhaps it’s just an indirect effect of them being able to drop every time, no matter what is on the island or what you kill.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 21st, 2018, 8:55 pm

Gilneas wrote:Pets are always considered cosmetic rewards. Not just for island expeditions! :D
Ohhh sure ... but I have not seen you cooking on Lil'Ragnaros' head!

Someone actually asked me about that one ... they wanted to know how I did that!

Well you could have Nutz throw things at you ... I did that on a raid and someone finally said ... get rid of him please!

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » January 11th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Maybe this was already known, but I just got 2 pets from one instance (in addition to an item and coin pouch). Giggling Flame and Bloodstone Tunneler both from a LOSS in Whispering Reef.

Losses like this I can use more of!

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 13th, 2019, 2:09 am

i have 2 max level toons doing 4 heroic runs a week, so far my tally is 14 pets and 5 duplicates, since patch i seem to be getting more gear drops but pet drop rate is about same overall, even with the changes they are still boring to do and i will stick at doing enough for the weekly treasure map reward and thats it

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » January 13th, 2019, 6:41 am

as bad as the drop rate is.its not as annoying of the sac's of disappointment my 2 alchemists open every week

Mehetabel
Top Rater

Post by Mehetabel » January 14th, 2019, 11:07 am

Jazeel wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 6:41 am
as bad as the drop rate is.its not as annoying of the sac's of disappointment my 2 alchemists open every week
Amen to that. With four alchemists. :cry: